Author Topic: Provo Canyon School is listed as a hospital  (Read 5418 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Provo Canyon School is listed as a hospital
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »
CW - Does the state require these hospitals to have video cameras turned on 24/7 recording the way kdis are treated by staff?  Especially those who are in isolation and/or being restrained?  I realize video taping kids could be viewed as a breach of their rights to privacy, but I'm not talking about filming kids using the bathroom, showering, sleeping, etc, I'm talking about using video taping as a deterrent to routine neglect and abuse.  Just a thought, I know they have cameras in Juvenile detention centers, youth jails and adult prisons and yet abuse still occurs, but at least parents would have access to documentation and the authorities would have something to go on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline darkhunterhope

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2004, 04:07:00 PM »
On 2004-06-17 12:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"CW - Does the state require these hospitals to have video cameras turned on 24/7 recording the way kdis are treated by staff?  Especially those who are in isolation and/or being restrained?  I realize video taping kids could be viewed as a breach of their rights to privacy, but I'm not talking about filming kids using the bathroom, showering, sleeping, etc, I'm talking about using video taping as a deterrent to routine neglect and abuse.  Just a thought, I know they have cameras in Juvenile detention centers, youth jails and adult prisons and yet abuse still occurs, but at least parents would have access to documentation and the authorities would have something to go on."

No, unfortunatley, there is no such thing in most of these places. They probably use the small excuse that we could access them and use them as a weapon or soemthing lame like that.
o be able to look back upon one\'s past life with satisfaction is to live twice.

-  Marcus Valerius Martial

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2004, 11:18:00 PM »
Many hospitals now use video cameras in their pediatric units to protect patients from abductions and so forth.  It would be a great addition and could prevent abuses of children. Unfortunately the facilities do not have videos.

What kind of humanism expresses its reluctance to sacrifice military casualties by devastating the civilian economy of its adversary for decades to come?  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0684855674/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Henry Kissinger

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »
Speaking of Video Cameras - here is something all must see. This was found on the Youth Rights Forum under Behavior modification. The video is outrageous - it appears as though the guards who are beating the youth are trying to do it in an area that is not in the camera's view. See for yourself:

The California Youth Authority (CYA)needs to be shut down! Here is an article on how the attorney general of California refuses to prosecute "counselors" that beat two youths. http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... ADTC29.DTL
These bastards were even caught on tape (imagine what happens that we don't see), which you can see for yourself at:
http://www.ellabakercenter.org/page.php?pageid=182

The day before this happened (in January) two other teenagers where found hanged in their cells. Here is more information on some of the abuses (including putting youth into cages where they can barely turn around).
http://www.indybay.org/police/#1959

Were the government to prescribe to us our medicine and diet, our bodies would be in such keeping as our souls are now. Thus in France the emetic was once forbidden as a medicine, and the potato as an article of food. Government is just as infallible,[sic] too, when it fixes systems in physics. Galileo was sent to the Inquisition for affirming that the earth was a sphere.... It is error alone which needs the support of government. Truth can stand by itself.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson, Notes on Virginia

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »
Hello, I was at PCS from 1/13/1999 - 9/30/1999
Though I did not experience any abuse I know several who did. We needed someone to help us, we talked to our parents but they just said we were lying (we are troubled you know) there are now rights or any kind of recouse for the kids there.  I would love to help but I do not know how

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »
If PCS were really a "hospital" of any sort, they would be required to hire only "professionals"- registered nurses or lpn's would have to staff the units and monitor progess, write notes, ect...

Currently, their unit staff are not required to have any college education, yet these people are the primary caregivers; they implement the program, dole out infractions and punishments, evaluate "progress", write progress notes for the charts, monitor many children who may be on dangerous psychiatric meds... and they have no professional training nor licensure!  I don't even think they are certified in CPR!!

At a legitimate hospital, people of this caliber work as "technicians", who take vital signs, and thats about it.  Oh, right...they don't check anyone's vital signs at PCS.  Just another way in which PCS lies and manipulates, and provides sub-standard care.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2005, 07:46:00 PM »
If they REALLY claim to be a hospital but are not, shouldnt there be some authorities that should burst in and make sure they actually are one, and if not make them cease and decist?

"Private schools" or "programs" are unregulated at times and fall into grey areas, but I thought a HOSPITAL had to be a HOSPITAL!

As your attorney, it is my duty to inform you that it is not important that you understand what I'm doing or why you're paying me so much money.  What's important is that you continue to do so.
--Hunter S. Thompson's Samoan Attorney

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2005, 08:22:00 AM »
On 2005-11-27 16:46:00, Nihilanthic wrote:

"If they REALLY claim to be a hospital but are not, shouldnt there be some authorities that should burst in and make sure they actually are one, and if not make them cease and decist?

"Private schools" or "programs" are unregulated at times and fall into grey areas, but I thought a HOSPITAL had to be a HOSPITAL!

"

Where does PCS itself claim to be a hospital.  All I've seen is that others categorize it that way.  If I called an elm tree a turtle wouldn't make it so.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »
http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/recovery/cons ... enters.htm

This is only the beginning, one of the first links on a google search for "provo canyon school hospital". (I am not very computer savvy, perhaps someone else can point us to other sites).

The link above listed PCS a facility that treats "addiction".  Puh-lease!  This place claims to treat anything and everything!
egan Flynn
RN

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »
On 2005-11-28 20:51:00, bandit1978 wrote:

"http://www.uphs.upenn.edu/recovery/consumers/treatmentcenters.htm

This is only the beginning, one of the first links on a google search for "provo canyon school hospital". (I am not very computer savvy, perhaps someone else can point us to other sites).

The link above listed PCS a facility that treats "addiction".  Puh-lease!  This place claims to treat anything and everything!
"

Again ... where does PCS itself claim to be a hospital?  That the facility treats addiction and hospitals treat addiction qualifies both to be on a list of places treating addiction, but doesn't make PCS a hospital.  And that you  -- or Napoleon, or Alexander the Great --  call it a hospital doesn't mean they claim to be one.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2005, 12:23:00 AM »
I know PCS is listed as a hospital, because I have seen it myself!  I was quite suprised, as I was under the impression that PCS was a "residential treatment center", I had never heard any mention of it being a "hospital".

Would someone please locate the sites that list PCS at a hospital?  Computers are just not my area of expertise.  If no one else posts about it, then I'll find these sites, when I get a minute, okay?

Meanwhile, Provo Canyon better get to work removing their name from any hospitals list.
egan Flynn
RN

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
egan Flynn
RN

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile