Author Topic: 66.49.156.32 new website.  (Read 14278 times)

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
66.49.156.32 new website.
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »
As far as the numbers that went thru straight, do the math. How many places were open? For how long? the average number in group per year? Now, underestimate that number, not inflate it.

30,000 is an awfull lot. I have estimated the total thru the seed at 10,000 and we had kids in groups as large as 700 and 5 locations. 500,000 is not possible.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »
Speaking of abuse, I did a small stint in Pinellas juvenile. I was stripped searched, had an adult guard make me spread my balls and look up my ass, douced with insecticide and placed in a group cell with dangerous criminals.I had to endure the sounds of masterbating teenagers into the night and sexual inuendo bantered around as threats. The place was dirty and scary. the charge was dropped later...

Do you think I can get some "War reparations" for that humiliation?  

Goddamit people, what exactly is it you are fighting here? I have heard some of the most amazing bullshit coming from this group of people that I couldn't even imagine on my own.

There are legitimate fights to be had for sure. Bradbury's is great, an outrageous act to call attention to real abuses. Wes's research has been spread thruout the entire web. Ginger's participation in this cause is rarely spoken of and also UNEQUALED anywhere else. I don't even have the time to tell you how many people she has won over to the side of the truth and she is directly responsible for the terms Mel Sembler, The Seed, Straight, Inc., and many other phrases having negative connotations attached to them on the WWW.  THis is real activism, this is real heroism, not fabrication of events and calling your time in rehab a "holocaust".

And this is the side I am on, the truth. To me, people who fabricate and distort what happened are more destructive to this cause than people who are program supporters.  I won't be lumped in a group of grown people who act like children and cannot seperate reality from fantasy and fact from fiction.  

Grow up, move past your childhood demons, and look at this thing with some clarity and realism for god's sake. If you can't, do everyone a favor and take up a new hobby because you aren't helping this cause with your wild claims and unbelievable tripe.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-05-28 06:56 ]

Offline Helena Handbasket

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2004, 12:37:00 AM »
Hey GregFL!!

::cheers::  
:wave:
uly 21, 2003 - September 17, 2006

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2004, 02:35:00 AM »
May 28, 1:57 AM (ET)

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - In North Carolina, freedom is worth about $55 a day. Under that formula, the state figures it owes Darryl Hunt nearly $360,000 for the 18 years he spent in prison for a murder he didn't commit.

Hunt, 39, of Winston-Salem was officially exonerated in February of the 1984 murder of newspaper copy editor Deborah Sykes, who was stabbed to death on her way to work. He was granted a pardon in April by Gov. Mike Easley.
Hunt was twice convicted of the murder before DNA evidence last year pointed to another suspect, Willard Brown.

"It's an incredible situation he has been put in," Deputy Industrial Commissioner Brad Donovan said Thursday after ordering Hunt's award of $358,545. "This is a minor effort to make it right."

Hunt, who is married, said he'll use the money for his family.

"It's nothing, really," he said. "There is no amount of money that could ever make up for the time I lost in prison. The money don't change the mental torture I went through for 19 years."
 ::bangin::  > STRAIGHT!
 :wstupid:

War Reparations?  PUH-LEEEZE!!!   :rofl:

Offline Fuck You Sembler & Ec

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2004, 02:39:00 AM »
I don't care for what you think nor does your 'truth' mixed with your apathy and synicism and subtle slander matter at all to me.  Stay in retirement.  

Someone was posting earlier that the creator of Straight was a dentist.  I haven't put up Art Barker's pic yet, or the creator of the other joints.  

No, I couldn't say you legally deserve wartime reparations or ammendments for displacement and etc. for what you did or didn't do in criminal life.  The president didn't get on television with the seal of the presidency waving behind him and back the jail you were in, and you were searched by one trained professional.  Perhaps if you suffered undue abuse and hardship from your stay in jail, you can investigate a suit or at least protest the juvi jailhouse cos you know yourself them joints stay packed with curfew breakers and the like.

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »
But Greg, didnt you commit a crime to land in the youth facility? See thats different...
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2004, 09:42:00 AM »
Well, the general public thinks you did something wrong by using drugs. This is what I speak of when I say we are trying to change somthing that is deeply embedded in our culture, and we need to do it with integrity or people will dismiss what we are saying and say we are a group of unstable ex addicts.

And No I didn't do anything wrong to end up in Juvy. It is a long story and tied to my stint in the program. It was an attempt to have me thrown back in the program by my father and his friend, Seed parent and co-Straight founder xxx xxxx, chief of police.The charges were summarily dropped before ever going to trial because I refused to go along with their ploy, that is, they wanted to scare me into choosing between Juvy and the program. I stayed at juvy until they had no choice but to drop the charges because they had nothing then I left the St Pete area for good, never to return again until I was 20 years old and safe from that insanity.

You guys, carry on and do whatever you want. Just please understand that not everyone agrees with your methodology or your recovered memories, and many people are scared to speak out because of your history of personal attacks. You need to learn the difference between disagreements and personal attacks.

And  I am not retired, I am just retired from doing protests..  I tend to try to do things in a much different manner than your group.  So be it.[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-05-28 06:46 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »
On 2004-05-27 23:39:00, Fuck You Sembler & Eckerd & Loebenberg wrote:

"I don't care for what you think nor does your 'truth' mixed with your apathy and synicism and subtle slander matter at all to me.  Stay in retirement.  

Someone was posting earlier that the creator of Straight was a dentist.  I haven't put up Art Barker's pic yet, or the creator of the other joints.  

No, I couldn't say you legally deserve wartime reparations or ammendments for displacement and etc. for what you did or didn't do in criminal life.  The president didn't get on television with the seal of the presidency waving behind him and back the jail you were in, and you were searched by one trained professional.  Perhaps if you suffered undue abuse and hardship from your stay in jail, you can investigate a suit or at least protest the juvi jailhouse cos you know yourself them joints stay packed with curfew breakers and the like."

Are you kidding? Slander? Because I disagree with your methodology?  This is the only arrow in your quiver, attack and at the same time claim victim status from those that don't agree with you. Grow up.

"someone" posted earlier that the "Creator" of straight was a dentist...No, someone (me) quoted earlier that it was his idea. Straight was created by a panel of Seed parents including Mel Sembler and, well, you have the list of the rest of the people. All well intended parents very similar to the people that post today on the "teen help industry board". Hell is paved with good intentions....

And as far as the abuses endured in Juvy, the goddamn place is run by the state, what do you mean there was no government endorsement...

Go ahead and push for war reparations and claim Mel Sembler Is a child rapists and a half million kids were molested, but please don't affiliate that effort with anything I am doing.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2004, 09:55:00 AM »
On 2004-05-27 15:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

Well if that's the way you feel, why don't you change his website (and his diaper) for him too?

I couldn't even if I wanted to. I don't host it. Don't even know where it's hosted. Didn't even know it existed till dude posted these messages.

No citizen of a liberal and democratic nation profits from a victorious war.
--Ludwig von Mises

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2004, 10:25:00 AM »
Timrunvirate, you have adopted this as your new signature:

1977 -
"A young man left Straight, went to authorities and reported being beaten at the St. Petersburg warehouse. He hasn't been seen or heard from since."

Now I saw that as well on the Melsembler.com website. It is a very inflammatory statement and if true a horrendous indictement of the actions of straight, Inc. NEVER BEEN SEEN OR HEARD FROM SINCE? Sounds like he was murdered or stored away in a dungeon somewhere, eh?

A great bit of evidence if true, and a very easy way to discredit this effort if not. So lets explore this a bit.

What was his name? Is there documentation? Was he really "never heard from again? in the manner suggested by that sentence, or did he just not complain anymore? What really happened?  Can this statement be impeached easily? Is it taken out of context?

You see where I am headed with this? Credibility is hard to get and easy to lose...

Offline Fuck You Sembler & Ec

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »
I agree with you that its no longer a debate when  resorted to slander.  'Grow up' is not a piece of advice, its a piece of shit in a bag waiting to be stomped.  One that you put out there.  

A debate is plausible and ameable.  These type of broad statements leave no room to hear the other things you are trying to say.  

On top of that you put in the word 'credibility' and have detracted from what is trying to be done.  Then you say you're tired of 'this'.    

((And to the Anonymous poster from earlier:  that boy who did a stint of 19 years; hasn't he gotten his money yet for false imprisonment and all the other shit that goes with it ?  Did the president in office at the time declare a state of emergency and also declare an official War on Murderers ?  Warttime Reparations, PUHHleaze ?!?
Dude.  You get your  ::bangin:: Straight first before you step.))

Then you further it by saying you don't want to be a part of it and that you don't understand what is being done here but you keep debating and refuse to stop posting even though you are done with it.  

And again, NO your time in Juvee for warttime reparations.  The government did not declare a WAR.  The president must at least

D
E
C
L
A
R
E

a war for you to receive war pay in incidents like Straight Incorporated.

More: you keep claiming us as victims.  I say what we're doing here makes us accountable for others and their responsibilities.  

How many others are not on that website just yet ?  How many parents should have their pics on there ?  Not because they are murderers or full on rapists, but now they have at least some kind of idea that they were near some and approved that kind of behavior by turning their heads to the things they heard on Friday nights in AfterOpenMeeting Raps.[ This Message was edited by: Fuck You Sembler & Eckerd & Loebenberg on 2004-05-28 09:38 ][ This Message was edited by: Fuck You Sembler & Eckerd & Loebenberg on 2004-05-28 09:39 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
I told you to "Grow up" after you posted "fuck you GregFL you big fat lazy ass" and then deleted it, and after you posted "suck my dick" to someone on the Seed discusion forum that asked you to correct your name that was interfering with the format on the entire board (and which Ginger had to do on her own because you refused), and after you insulted just about everyone that didn't take up your cause then went back and deleted your words.

My advice still stands...grow up. Stomp on that.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-05-28 09:56 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2004, 12:54:00 PM »
?We were not all molested and raped!?

It all depends on the definition that you associate with those words.  Legally speaking, we were not all raped in the program, though I think there is a case for molestation (or other related charges).  As a society, we generally view rape as, ?force to have sexual intercourse.?  (Webster).  This definition can cause legal uncertainty.  For example, prison inmates that engage in forceful sexual activity are not charged with rape, they are charged with sodomy.  You will rarely hear someone say, ?People get sodomized in prison.?  You could hear someone say, ?People get raped in prison.?  Here are the remaining definitions of rape: ?1, Forcible seizing and violation.  2, carrying off by force.  3, a plant grown for fodder and oil?  2, carry off violently.? (Webster)  By these definitions of the word, many were raped in Straight.  Molestation comes from the root word molest, which is defined as follows: ?1, trouble; interfere with injuriously.  2, to make improper sexual advances to.? (Webster)  I believe you would be hard pressed to find anyone who could claim they were not troubled by Straight.

?When will someone just report the abuse instead of stretch the truth for dramatic purposes?  It just makes it all read like propaganda.?

Several media sources have covered the abuse.  Many feel they were not as revealing as they should have been.  Covering the abuse of Straight with a completely objective eye sounds like something that you have an acute interest in.  Perhaps you should begin work on a book.  Be forewarned that your involvement with Straight will point toward bias itself.  Overcoming bias is one of the most difficult, if not unattainable, goals of the scientific method.  After all, if one does not have bias how can one have interest?  Much of the information is written in overly strong language; however, that is expected.  I don?t mind the strong descriptors, but I am turned off by some of the cruel and outright slander that has taken place on this board.  I do realize that these are just certain individuals that take place in such retaliation and that it is not common practice among survivors.

?Wes?s site, http://www.thestraights.com is the same way. Written with an incredibly biased tone. I?ve had more people comment on the poor quality of the website?s impression on them, and the chaotic structure of information given, then say anything about the reason for giving the information to them in the first place.?

Wes is bias.  I have never heard anyone claim he wasn?t bias.  I also think that Wes and others have good reason to be bias.  

I assume that you are trying to get your thoughts across to the educated community.  Wes has done some great research, and I?m sure that you have gleaned plenty from it.  It is written in strong tone, but his sources are reliable.  He has posted his reference material so that you can check it out if you don?t believe him.  The book is not even completed and in its final form may have any structural problems corrected.  You shouldn?t criticize an unfinished work unless you are doing so to help assist Wes in correcting the problems.  Wes has created one of the most informative and credible internet sites on the subject.  If you can do a better job, please do.  Wes? sight can be used as a great reference.  Nothing is a great reference by itself.  If you truly want to impress the educational community about this issue, use many references that all say the same thing.  Wes? sight is just a good place to start from, not the end all and be all of Straight.  Don?t complain that other people have not done what you are supposed to do.  If you want less biased information, you need to build interest in someone that was not affiliated with Straight or the drug war in any way.  Good luck.  As you have already seen, some people just have a problem with this issue.  They could use one of many excuses as to why they did not like the information.  Some people will never accept what happened at Straight as wrong in any way.  You will not convince those people of anything contrary, even if you use top scholarly journals.

?Opinions don?t belong in this war against Sembler and Co. The truth does.?

Don?t you have an opinion?

?Mel Sembler is not the Devil and he was not invented by Straight Inc. In fact he was a very wealthy highly respected local businessman prior to his involvement with Straight. His involvement also was on a business level; expansion, funding, etc. He did his job well.. too well in fact, much more so than the predecessor ever did. However, He DID NOT invent the techniques used in The Straight. Fuck, he didn't even know what was going on; instead the techniques were lifted by a handfull of Seedlings and Mrs. Peterman from the Seed. News Flash... Straight, inc. wasn't even his idea and he didn't even form the initial board of directors. It was done by a local dentist that had a kid in the Seed.?

I would like to know more about this.  Where is the information that I can confirm this at?  Do you have copies of documents that state and prove this?

?Straight was NOT a Holocaust for goodness sake?

The definitions of holocaust are, ?1, great destruction of life, esp. by fire.  2, (usu. Cap., with the) the systematic killing of Jews in Nazi concentration camps during World War II.? (Webster).  Only in the broadest sense could this apply to Straight, and if it is capitalized does not apply at all.  I would like to see the usage of this word in correlation with Straight ceased as well.

?Mel Sembler is not a child rapist and it is unfair to call him one. Mel Sembler is not a child Molester, Mel Sembler is not "Wanted" and a miriad of other inacurracies posted on that website.?

These words may cause an inaccurate image of Sembler to come to mind.  I do not think that Sembler ever forced a child into sexual intercourse with him.  To my knowledge, Sembler never hung out in the cloak room coaxing the children to massage his penis.  Sembler is also not on the top wanted list for the FBI or any state investigation agency.  According to the definitions I posted earlier these definitions can apply, though they are not the definitions that immediately come to mind.  The use of words is accurate, though they are inflammatory.

?Lies and fabrications discredit each and every one of your stories and experiences. They destroy opportunities to illuminate the truth and cause each of us harm in the future. The do not assist in preventing this abuse from reoccuring over and over again.?

Lies and fabrications do harm us.  Using strong descriptors does little harm, and is a common practice in persuasion.  We just have to be careful not to say things that are false. That has been a problem on this board, especially concerning posts in the Elan forum.  If you want to bitch about something bitch about that, not some pissed off survivors using strong descriptors to get their message across.  Some of that is needed to gain awareness.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2004, 01:05:00 PM »
Well, you have taken quotes from at least three different people and responded to them..

You obviously were not the author of the website by your writings. If you are comfortable with some of the justifications for using the term Rapists and Molester, than fine. I am not. It is unfair and inaccurate and makes the author look way less than credible.

Do not associate me in any way with the people behind this irresponsible website and counterproductive endeavor.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »
On 2004-05-28 10:05:00, GregFL wrote:

"Well, you have taken quotes from at least three different people and responded to them..

You obviously were not the author of the website by your writings. If you are comfortable with some of the justifications for using the term Rapists and Molester, than fine. I am not. It is unfair and inaccurate and makes the author look way less than credible.

Do not associate me in any way with the people behind this irresponsible website and counterproductive endeavor.

"

I second that.  :smile: