Author Topic: Going to my local authorities/ school system  (Read 1411 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Going to my local authorities/ school system
« on: May 19, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
Yeah, I'm gonna walk the walk, everyone. This means you, anon  :razz:

What should I say? Any clue how to go about doing this? I'm thinking a good start would be my old Highschool (which was for kids with problems...) and hopefully a teacher I was friends with might point me in the right direction. Hey, I just might stop someone from ending up in a place.

I know I'm gonna have to make some kind of appointment with a higher-up and 'make my case' so to speak. Any ideas of what to tell so I don't go off on tangents or get too emotional? I *KNOW* I will break down to some degree just talking about this because every time I have talked with someone I did. I need to know what to say so I have a plan if my emotions start taking over.

*sigh* I need to do more. I want to see places close, children saved, and have less guilt about sleeping comfortably every night knowing  thousands upon thousands are in hell and sobbing in their own beds, if they were even allowed to sleep, trying to find relief from their pain.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 01:14:00 PM »
Hi Chris.
I'm going to rain on your paraid a bit; but its something to consider if your going to speak before schools.
It is possible, no matter how much you stress the abuse and neglect; the counselors and teachers and parents attending; may learn about this private program business for the first time - and see it as the answer to the problem of what to do with "Joey".
I've heard tell that when the news magizenes have run stories, enrollment has gone up - not down.
But in the media, they tend to soft sell the abuse and seldome give a truly accurate picture.
So, I'm not saying don't do it; just be prepaired for the possibility it may not have the disired effect.
If you are going to give any kind of 'talk', I suggest making yourself an outline of the points you want to cover; and under each heading a list of the sub points. Put it on note cards you can refer to as you talk; have a pen handy to check off the subjects as you cover them and this will help keep you from repeating yourself as we all tend to do when nervious; and you wqill know you've hit all your marks when done. You won't have the aggravation of "Oh dam - I forgot to mention this!"
Don't forget to breath. Seriously. As you compleate a paragraph; make it a point to take a deep breath before beginnig another. This will help keep your stress levels down and keep you more clear headed and so more effictive.
I would also suggest boning up on some related subjects; such as mind controll methods; Brian washing in the Korean war; and Brainwashing in Cultic groups.
Rick Ross's web site might be useful here; as well as the deperate measures site; and the inside Discovery story; and Amazon has a lot of book on the subject.

http://www.rickross.com/

http://denver.rockymountainnews.com/des ... t-pg.shtml

http://www.intrepidnetreporters.com/Tee ... eaking.htm

http://www.intrepidnetreporters.com/i_u ... frontation

Good Luck.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »
Several years ago, a teacher in a Southern California high school district was discovered to be a recruiter for a large behavior modification company based in Utah.  The teacher, who taught "life skills" (can you believe it!) was ultimately reprimanded by the school principal and eventually took down his website.  In California, high school counselors are NOT allowed to recommend any kind of private program to parents for kids who have been expelled, on suspension, or placed in an alternative high school.  The local short term RTC's where some kids end up for emergency (e.g. Drug overdoses) does however, have a list of private programs which they provide to parents to help them find long term residential care.  This is one of the ways kids are funneled into out of state schools and programs.

Check with your school district superindent's office to clarify the policy of "referrals" by school counselors.  Districts lose money every time a kid is removed from their schools.  Also, many of these parents are using IEP's to fund their child's incarceration which is school district money.  Since most of these schools offer a second-rate education, it is no minor matter that kids are being deprived of their right to receive an education under federal law.

Make flyers with information about the industry and give them to every high school counselors office.  You can also give presentations before local PTA meetings where parents are more likely to hear your message.

Good luck!  If you can save one kid by broadening awareness in your own community, that's something to be proud of!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2004, 01:26:00 PM »
Keep it simple, just tell them there is a teen-age lockup racket in America.  Cite the dozens of ed cons and independept referral agencies who are essentially SELLING kids into institutionalized-style schools and programs.  Tell him you wish to broaden awareness about this issue and are concerned that kids are being forced out of their homes, school and community by people who prey upon desperate parents, convincing them that the only way to help their troubled teen is have them kidnapped and sent to a private lock down facility where they will get a sub-standard education, which the school district may very well end up paying for (IEP). Stress how the kids are held incommunicado from their family and friends while they undergo forced behavior behavior modification "behind closed doors".

Being emotional is okay, it shows you have strong feelings about your own experience and are sincere in your commitment to saving other kids from living the same nightmare.  

Good Luck!!!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »
Would the fact that I'm 19 have any impact on them?

I have a *REAL* deep voice, I'm 6 feet tall and don't look especially young, but still, could it make any impact? What if I brought a parent with me? Or someone older?
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2004, 05:38:00 PM »
If your 19 - don't take your mom.  You can go directly to the school board.  Usually there is time for public comment at the beginning of a meeting.  I'd suggest showing up a few minute early. They usually have speaker cards when you walk in - fill it out and give it to whomever.  
They will call you up to the podium.  You usually get about 5 minutes to make your public statement.  What's good about it is  - there is usually a reporter present.  Sometimes they will do a story on the issue.  If you just go the the actual school - what you say will stay there.  
This issue needs to become something that our government is embarrassed of and the only way to do this is to bring it out into the view of the public. Remember - this is a government by the people and for the people. Everyone in elected office knows this. The media is a mighty tool that must be used wisely if we are to somehow end all of this institutionalized abuse.

Whenever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
Chris,
I have an outline for a presentation that I did if you want i'll send the outline to you.  You know where to find me.  

Gina

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2004, 07:02:00 PM »
Gina,
Why not post it here. It might be helpful to many others.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700