Author Topic: Residential Kids  (Read 1924 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« on: May 17, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »
Isn't it sad that parents send their children hundreds of miles away only to further the distance between parent-and-child by relying on some manual to coach (tell) them when and how to communicate with their now-institutionalized kid?  No wonder these parents don't tell anyone where their child is.  I'd be ashamed too.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Statistically, it looks like many of these kids are primarily MOMMY MANDATED, meaning more mothers than fathers are using these programs to warehouse their children during their teen years.  

Anyone have an opinion on this?

Offline Kiwi

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »
Statistically, it looks like many of these kids are primarily MOMMY MANDATED, meaning more mothers than fathers are using these programs to warehouse their children during their teen years.

It could mean that a greater than average proportion of these kids have divorced parents ... and the courts favor the wife over the husband when it comes to granting custody.

Or it could mean that Daddy considers his parental responsibilities begin and end at the signing of a check.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2004, 06:45:00 PM »
Many a Step-Mommy too.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
Deborah is right, many a step-mommy has banished an unwanted stepchild into a program and kept them there under lock and key for months, even years.  Beyond cruel, these heartless mothers.

Offline darkhunterhope

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »
On 2004-05-17 12:54:00, Kiwi wrote:

"

It could mean that a greater than average proportion of these kids have divorced parents ... and the courts favor the wife over the husband when it comes to granting custody.

Or it could mean that Daddy considers his parental responsibilities begin and end at the signing of a check."

Wait a minute here. Now I don't like my father and yea my mother sent me off, but she tried a shit load of other things before Provo Canyon School, the only thing my father ever tried was yelling at me and degrading myself and my family and beating me, at least my mother tried something different, I rather be mommy mandated than father mandated. I work in a family law office and I see how all this shit works, and you know what, it is not up to the lawyers on how it works out, it is up to the judges and those who run the mediation and the CPS counselors, it is not always easy, there are some horrible, horrible spouses out there, but you cannot do  anything, because they act well.
o be able to look back upon one\'s past life with satisfaction is to live twice.

-  Marcus Valerius Martial

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2004, 08:47:00 PM »
DarkHunterHope Writes:

"There are some horrible, horrible spouses out there".

B.I.N.G.O.  

This is why federal regulations are urgently needed, to protect children from involuntary commitment in any institution or institutionalized-style program without due-process.

Offline spots

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
On 2004-05-17 17:47:00, Anonymous wrote:

"DarkHunterHope Writes:

"There are some horrible, horrible spouses out there".

B.I.N.G.O.  

This is why federal regulations are urgently needed, to protect children from involuntary commitment in any institution or institutionalized-style program without due-process.

"

B.I.N.G.O times 2!!!!!

A new stepfather (as well as a new step-mother) factors into a huge number of these "placements".  Also, adoptive parents represent about 20% of teens incarcerated in these programs, a proportion way higher than  the average American family make-up.  Purchased kids don't always live up to expectations?

In personal experience, a single mother for 10 years wants desperately to have a normal family life, finally marries, and will turn a blind eye to blatant coercion from her new husband to fix the kid problem...hers, not his. He sits at home (permanently disabled by a bad back) while his new wife rakes in mega-bucks, scans the laptop computer from his Lazy Boy, and...BINGO...finds a beautiful web site with all the answers to his prayers.  New step-daughter (whom he physically abuses while mom is at work) is "disappeared" into La-La Land for "behavior modification".  Said child finally is allowed home, is sentenced to permanent grounded situation in her room for 4 months.  Finally is allowed to join relatives, and lives (somewhat) happily ever after.

Federal law needs to be in place to disallow such "whisking off" of American citizens without due process of any kind.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »
Spots is that what happened to your granddaughter?  If so, are you, on the childs behalf, pressing charges against her step father for the abuse and against her mother for neglect?  Sure seems like the parents bare responsibility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »
What percentage of these women do you suppose are going through menopause?  Maybe 95%?  In many cases here, there probably is a need to lock someone up.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2004, 07:03:00 PM »
Spots, was your daughter abused by her step father?  Was her mother aware of the abuse?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
I meant to say your granddaughter.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 11:52:00 PM »
In response to the step moms sending kids to programs, I remember the day my parents started looking for a program for me. I was baking brownies (the kind that have more then chocolate in the batter) and my step mom and dad came home. She got really pissed at me and told me to go to my room and tell my friend to go home. I just told her to go away and left with my friend. She called my mom and her "therapist" boy friend and he helped my step mom and dad find a program for me. It was her idea to send me there. Funny thing is the main reason I was depressed and suicidal was (supprise) because of her! The way she bellitled and yelled at me, beat me, ect as kid, till I got big enough to hit back. I had a hard time dealing with life (big shock again) because of her! So yes I know that is true.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Residential Kids
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »
Exit plan,
I agree. My husbands dad was in and out of prison his whole life and if his mom hadne been on drugs she probably woudl have sent him to a prgram cuz of his drug use. It has effected his whole life, and he is still dealing with having no male role model. But I can say, my best friends in the progam did do "drugs". Meth seemed to be a biggie. A couple heroin addicts. A few K addicts.  Alcohol and ciggarettes and pot were the main drugs people did. But no they were not bad kids. Very awsome actually. I can say I think parents have good intentions most the time. they want to help their kid! They just dont realize the damamge they are doing.