Author Topic: We are not alone!  (Read 18465 times)

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2004, 11:08:00 AM »
Listen Druggies,

The reason the aliens are coming here is because they are bringing a saucerful of alien druggie kids and dropping them off at the best damn drug treatment center in the universe--That's right Druggie, the new, improved, all-ages (and soon all-species!) Straight, Inc. v2.0!  Whether it's huffing carbona or shooting smack, snorting Centaurian rocket fuel or smoking Martian sensimilla, the disease of teenage drug use is not limited to our world.  The aliens have wisely decided to bring their druggie alien kids to have them go through their phases at the Area 51 branch of Straight, Inc. v2.0.  If you little druggie cretins don't shape up and get this Group in line, I'm sending the worst of you off to the new Proxima Centauri branch when it opens.  Try going on a permission to the beach while you're wearing a spacesuit and on a world with six times Earth's gravity.  You damned druggie ingrates don't know how good you've got it.  Love ya! Have a seat......
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2004, 07:08:00 PM »
I'm the guy from the top of page 14.

A little skewed at times, but interesting points.

Just to reiterate, the point I feel best lends to my theory over the idea, over say a zoo, is that the alien ships never seem to change design as best as we can tell.  Looking at the cave paintings (once again, assuming they are real) and looking at what we believe alien craft looks like now, they are similar.  Normal evolving species would have the motivation to change for the better.  We do it all the time.  Many other earth species do it too in smaller increments.  By this I mean that they learn to find food or keep warm etc.  Any species which can develop to what it has become must surley know that it would be for the best to continue developing.

Keep the responses coming.  I was afraid people stopped reading this forum when the last post was almost a month before mine (i think).

Offline teachback

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2004, 09:36:00 PM »
Internet, Internet... Where is the OuterNet...?

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #138 on: September 08, 2004, 12:01:00 AM »
What cave paintings?   Sheit..here we go again....There are no archologists that I know of that maintain ANY CAVE PAINTING exists of a space ship. Link to that evidence here please.

And Space ships have been described as saucers, cigars, small huge..rotating staionary...Your point that the shape stays constant is not true. And as far as aliens..prior to Steven Spielberg they used to look like robots...remember? The current little green man came into popularity after "close encounters".

And you ask why?  That is an illogical question. It is like asking "why does the giant holding up the earth care so much?  It just isn't relevent until you establish if they have been here.

So the question is "If", not "why".  To come up with a yes to an "if" (or a hypothesis), you must study evidence. Once evidence has been established (and it hasn't been), then you can ask "why" in a manner that is other than speculative.

Get it?

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-09-07 21:06 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #139 on: September 08, 2004, 12:03:00 AM »
"Allegedly, there are many samples of ancient pictures which show what we now call flying saucers"

Yes, allegedly. However, when studied seriously, all such evidence falls apart like a house of cards. Look thru the 'evidence' in this thread for examples.

IT isn't there my friend, it just isn't there.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #140 on: September 08, 2004, 12:05:00 AM »
On 2004-09-02 15:34:00, Dallas Straight 86-88 wrote:

"Space signal studied for alien contact

Wouldn't it be cool if it was real?  However exciting this would be, the jury is way out on this one yet.  time to wait and see where SCIENCE leads this development.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #141 on: September 08, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »
If you'll recall, I specifically said that I was starting under the assumption that aliens have visited earth.  Any good mathimatician or scientist knows that you need initial assumptions in order to formulate a decent hypothesis.  As I said, if I assume that there is a likelyhood that aliens have not visited earth, then there is no point in me talking.  You've already said everything there is to say about that, and you said it better than I could have.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #142 on: September 08, 2004, 11:37:00 AM »
Thank you for the compliment. My only point was that if you jump the topic to why they are here, it just  becomes a big speculative free for all. We first need to establish if they have been here. Unfortunately, the evidence is lacking.

Many people like to point to the numbers of people who claim to have seen or been abducted as evidence. It is not anything but anecedotal.

Lets take religion as an example. There are millions that claim the only way to god is thru Jesus christ and that the god of christianity is the only god.  There are millions that claim the way is thru Islam, still more that believe in alternative religions.  They all can't be right, but they can all be wrong, proving that millions upon millions of people can believe something, can claim to have experienced, have seen, have been cured by, an unknown unprovable phenomena, and be wrong.

Another example...during the years when witches were persecuted and tortured, eyewitness accounts of witches flying thru the air on brooms were common. We now tend to dismiss these sitings as mass hysteria..I think it is safe to say these people were experiencing something other than supernatural sitings.

That is the real question, the real interesting thing to study in my opinion, the physcology behind mass hysteria and supernatural beliefs.

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #143 on: September 08, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
I think it is safe to say these people were experiencing something other than supernatural sitings.

That is the real question, the real interesting thing to study in my opinion, the physcology behind mass hysteria and supernatural beliefs.

"

Basically, it was a  manifestation of their subconscious desire to get Straight, coupled with the conflict they feel from being dry druggie pieces of shit.  If they had a Program, none of these disturbing sightings would have occured. I know; after all, I am a doctor.

We might do a "UFO rap" one day at the new, improved, all-ages Straight, Inc. v2.0.  Until then, quit avoiding yourselves with all this nonsense, Druggies. Love ya! Have a seat....
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline ehm

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #144 on: September 08, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
On 2004-09-07 21:05:00, GregFL wrote:

"

On 2004-09-02 15:34:00, Dallas Straight 86-88 wrote:

"Space signal studied for alien contact

Wouldn't it be cool if it was real?  However exciting this would be, the jury is way out on this one yet.  time to wait and see where SCIENCE leads this development.

"

Yeah, but you know what, I heard something about that signal being sent there by us. :grin:

This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

http://www.aidoann.com/guncontrol.html' target='_new'>Adolph Hitler

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #145 on: September 08, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »
On 2004-09-08 08:37:00, GregFL wrote:

"

Lets take religion as an example. There are millions that claim the only way to god is thru Jesus christ and that the god of christianity is the only god.  There are millions that claim the way is thru Islam, still more that believe in alternative religions.  They all can't be right, but they can all be wrong, proving that millions upon millions of people can believe something, can claim to have experienced, have seen, have been cured by, an unknown unprovable phenomena, and be wrong.

"

I know it has nothing to do with the aliens topic, but I can't agree with you more about that comment.  I hate it when people are so sure that their religion is definately right and assume that the 95% of the rest of the world is definately wrong.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #146 on: September 10, 2004, 11:50:00 AM »
It looks like Greg is still correct.

http://planetary.org/news/2004/seti_signal_0902.html

Damn..............

Cheers all,

VSP

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #147 on: September 10, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »
thanks vsp.

However, I can't be "correct" because I only take the position that evidence is lacking and that it is unlikey aliens have visited the planet.

I am just as excited as the next guy over the possiblity of us making contact. That is why When the link was posted that we may have radio contact, I said it would be great but that the jury it out.

I am extremely cautious about jumping on any bankwagon.  When evidence is scientifically confirmed, I will be embracing (or running from) the aliens.
 :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #148 on: September 10, 2004, 12:46:00 PM »
But then again it might be real........

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news.jsp?id=ns99996341

I like you hope it is, but have to agree the jury is still out.

On a side note "Batten down the hatches dude", Ivan the Hurricane is in almost in your backyard!

Stay safe......

Cheers,

VSP

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
We are not alone!
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2004, 12:02:00 PM »
"There are other oddities. For instance, the signal?s frequency is drifting by between eight to 37 hertz per second."

This was taken from VSP's more recent link.  Hertz is just 1/seconds.  Hertz per second is hertz squared.  I'm just a freshman in college so if I can peice that together in two seconds, I don't think that the guy who this reporter talked to actually knew what he was talking about.

Dorkasaur2