Author Topic: Need people with experience at Tranquility Bay/Teen Help/WWA  (Read 5169 times)

Offline Carey

• View Profile
Need people with experience at Tranquility Bay/Teen Help/WWA
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
It's always just 'no, you're wrong.'

Anon, I never said that.  Why do you find it necessary to accuse me of saying something I did not say.  You must feel like I am saying "no your wrong."  Why do you blame me for your feeling that way? I did not say that.

Carey can't say 'hey, there MIGHT be SOME validity to what you say.

Is that what you are looking for is validation. Why do you need me to validate "what you say." I don't even know who you are.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »
no, not condescending at all either :roll:

I don't need validation from you and that's not what I said.  I was pointing out how you can't seem to see anything of value in the opposing person's point of view.  Again an example of how you twist what is actually said to fit your agenda.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2004, 05:41:00 PM »
I remember a while back people saying that they essentially AGREED with what you were saying, but that you came across sometimes as bitchy and condescending.  It wasn't like you said something like....'hey, I really didn't mean to come across that way...etc. etc.'  That's how I would have responded, but hey, that's me.  Instead, you came back with more patronizing, self-righteous, passive-aggressive needling......which I'm sure you'll continue to do more of now.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »
For the record - This is what you call constructive criticism.  Thank you

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »
not at all.  Thank YOU. :nworthy:

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »
Instead, you came back with more patronizing, self-righteous, passive-aggressive needling......which I'm sure you'll continue to do more of now.

Who is being patronizing, self-righteous, passive-aggressive needling...."which I'm sure you'll do more or now."

I think it be you Anon. :lol:

Lets compare...

Is this condescending

Sorry Frog. I don't mean to come across that way to you, or to anyone else for that matter. I don't think that I am "the only TRUE champion of the kids.." As a matter of fact, I don't think I am a champion of any sort. I see myself as a person who wants to know all of the facts surrounding this industry. I am a person who wants to be informed.

I am a person who wants to be able to make opinions based on the "whole story." I also want others to know the "whole story." Where else can one get the "whole story" other than by listening to both sides? We are all, society that is, by far better off if we know all of the details surrounding this industry, not just those that one group or another cares to share.

One thing I do know for sure, and that is, that I still today would not want my children in a "program" of any type. Why? Because it is my responsibilty as a parent to be sure 100%, proof positive, that my children are ok. Like I said somewhere in another post, when my children were small I quit work because I did not want to leave them in day care. I chose not to leave them in day care, not because I thought they were being abused, but because I thought there could be the potential for abuse and that they would have no way of telling me about it because they were small and unable to communicate effectively. I think in programs that limit communication, the same potential is there. To me it is just not worth the risk.

or is this condescending

blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.    This does no good. Carey can't say 'hey, there MIGHT be SOME validity to what you say. There's a POSSIBILITY that I MIGHT come across as a condescending, know-it-all, martyr'. It's always just 'no, you're wrong.'

I was pointing out how you can't seem to see anything of value in the opposing person's point of view.

I assume you are refering to something of value in someones point of view in this thread in which you think I refuse to see.  Could you please tell me what it is that you think I have refused to see.  We were talking about FaceKahn and his choice as to whether or not to answer my question.  In which I agreed with the Anon that it is his choice, not mine.  If it makes you angry with me for saying that I would not make the same choice, I can not help that.  If it makes you angry that I asked the question, I can not help that either.  

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2004-03-03 15:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Carey on 2004-03-03 15:39 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
This IS pointless.  When I first posted about this, I did so because I got so sick and fucking tired of seeing the stupid Goddamn arguing going on between you and several others.  I offered a little constructive criticism about how you come across to people sometimes.  It was unsolicited yes, but thought I'd offer it.  Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so. You don't agree. OK.  Guess we'll leave it at that.  But you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about with your passive aggressive shit.  You HAVE to get the last word in no matter what.  This discussion isn't even about REAL ISSUES....a lot of it has been about you and your attitude...you can't even let THIS go.  I've seen it, others have seen it, and most importantly Carey, no matter what you say to the contrary, you know it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »
This IS pointless. When I first posted about this, I did so because I got so sick and fucking tired of seeing the stupid Goddamn arguing going on between you and several others.
I offered a little constructive criticism about how you come across to people sometimes. It was unsolicited yes, but thought I'd offer it.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who thought so. You don't agree. OK. Guess we'll leave it at that. But you know exactly what the fuck I'm talking about with your passive aggressive shit.

Really, YOU werent the only one, you must be talking about Anons 1, 2, and 3  Hmmm, who knows all those anons could be you.  Posting as an Anon has destroyed the power of your statements.  Posting as Anon, you loose your individuality.  So Anon, when you say,"I got so sick and fucking tired of seeing the stupid Goddamn arguing going on between you and several others" I say, what others?  The only one posting here besides Frog and myself is Anon.

Constructive criticism" Do you even know what that is?  If you do and you see it in your post, please point it out.  I don't see where your critisism has been constructive.  

You HAVE to get the last word in no matter what. This discussion isn't even about REAL ISSUES....

Real issues according to who?  You? Are you the one who gets to decide which issues are real?  I don't think so.  It is important that you try and remember the world does not revolve around you.  Here is a a suggestion, althought it is unsolcited, why don't you just stay out of discussions that you feel are irrelavant or not of a "real issue."

a lot of it has been about you and your attitude...you can't even let THIS go. I've seen it, others have seen it, and most importantly Carey, no matter what you say to the contrary, you know it.

Others, oh you must mean Anon, and Anon and Anon and all your other alter egos.  I am going to let you in on something, I don't need and am not asking for your approval.  I don't need you to validate me, my opinons or my experience.  And further more, the attacks and condescending remarks on the board have not come from me, they have been made to me.  I know it, others know it, "and no matter what you say to the contrary, you know it."
 :grin:  :grin:

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 03, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »
That was me.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 04, 2004, 01:14:00 AM »
actually I've gotten quite a kick out of watching you endlessly run around, search threads, quote whoever.  I MUST have had an effect on you or you wouldn't have spent so much time on this.  

Hope ya had fun!!  Thanks for playing Troll.
 :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 04, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »
believe what you want....all the anons were NOT me.

Offline Carey

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2004, 07:37:00 AM »
actually I've gotten quite a kick out of watching you endlessly run around, search threads, quote whoever. I MUST have had an effect on you or you wouldn't have spent so much time on this.

Oh, so these are the "real issues" you speak of.  Your issues are those of game playing with others.  No wonder you don't have anything of value to add.  No wonder all you can do is call names and put people down.  No wonder you can not put anything productive in your posts.  No wonder you have no counter arguement to make (other than of course your name calling) and now I see why you get so angry with my posts.  My posts are real, not a game.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2004, 08:46:00 AM »
no Carey, once again, you're twisting things.  I decided to throw my two cents in because I thought you had some good points that weren't being heard because you come across as such a bitch.  Thought I'd point it out and maybe more people would hear what you're saying.  I was obviously wrong, you don't hear anything but what you want to hear.  It BECAME amusing after I saw what kind of a person you are. :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2004, 10:23:00 AM »
On 2004-03-04 05:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

"no Carey, once again, you're twisting things.  I decided to throw my two cents in because I thought you had some good points that weren't being heard because you come across as such a bitch.  Thought I'd point it out and maybe more people would hear what you're saying.  I was obviously wrong, you don't hear anything but what you want to hear.  It BECAME amusing after I saw what kind of a person you are. :wave: "

Mirror, Mirror to you. You are seeing those things in yourself and projecting it to Carey

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2004, 12:24:00 PM »
On 2004-03-01 21:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-03-01 13:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

http://www.teenliberty.org

What I get from this website is that it's all about teens having even more control over their parents.   ::jawdrop:: "

Well, honey, that's because you're a sadist.

The sadist cannot stand the separation of the public and the private; nor can he grant to others the mystery of their personality, the validity of their inner self...in order for him to feel his maximum power, he wants the world to be peopled with concrete manipulatable objects...
-- ERNEST BECKER, The Structure of Evil, 1968.

Until you've lost your reputation,you never realize what a burden it was or what freedom really is.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/068483068X/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>MARGARET MITCHELL

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes