Author Topic: Hey! You say you wanna change things?!  (Read 1778 times)

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
Hey! You say you wanna change things?!
« on: May 04, 2004, 11:07:00 PM »
Why not write a book.  If you use fictionalized names you can't be sued. Also, you could market it as a warning to parents.

OR: try to get on a talk show. SERIOUSLY! Or write an article.  If you say straight up you can't name names but here is what to look for...

Laugh your ass off but it could work.  I mean settling for $$ out of court keeps it buried.

To change things, expose them!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hanlea

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 02:22:00 AM »
i totally agree...
i'm so glad that i've found this forum... today, i actually realized that i think i would like to write a book.  i'm glad you mentioned it.  anybody that has anything to contribute, email me
[email protected]
aura solomon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2004, 12:50:00 AM »
WRITE THE BOOK! You could include stories of others so people understand its not all bad kids in trouble.  When I was there, it was primarily rich kids who weren't parented, some acted out and some, like me, had really bad self esteem and needed building up, not tearing down.

Parents and counselors look at the brochure thinking what a beautiful place!  A nice wholesome place to send my child... Counselors advising parents to send their kids there (like mine) had NO idea what the place was really about. Right now, there still isn't a lot of awareness of what these places are really like, especially since they don't look like boot camps.  This needs to change.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2004, 03:12:00 AM »
please email me if you have any interest in being a part in this.
i've actually decided that my primary goal is to make a documentary which will air on prime time television to inform parents as to what really goes down in these skools (most parents have NO CLUE! mine are just now believing me after having told them about all the research i've been doing.)  if all goes as planned, parents will stop shipping off their kids and consequently, the skools will be forced to close due to a lack of enrollment.
i'd also like to compile a book of people's stories... like each person would get a chapter.  perhaps there could be multiple volumes.

i'd like for these projects to include more than just cedu students tho, i want them to cover all of these potentially-detrimental "therapeutic" boarding skools.
aura solomon

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 08:26:00 PM »
I promise that I will behave if I get to be interviewed :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile:  :smile: