Author Topic: The irony of it all..  (Read 2302 times)

Offline Nightstalker

• View Profile
The irony of it all..
« on: April 20, 2004, 11:51:00 AM »
I've been outside of the cedu bubble for about two in a half years now. Sometimes it doesnt even seem like that much time has already gone by, because of the fact that I've been living in the outside world (or referred to as the "outs" while I was in attendance at BCA")and things go by much faster than the usual average ground hogs day of a cedu school. Now I'm not implying that things would not become exciting(raps, propheets, disclosure circles, people pulling pranks in the dorms) it's just that things at cedu are really Monotonous, which I think is one of their greatest strengths. It's something that I want to put into a book, which I want to collaborate with others who have gone through the cedu experience to express. See, my story I realized is just one small grain of sand in the whole tale. Reading all these other posts, not just about former students, but staff members who saw first hand what it was really like-must have a say in some sort of document that could get into the mainstream. That yes, their is indeed mind controlling cult schools out there, wanting to rip off parents by having unqualified councilors try to mold their children into the so called righteous cedu poster child. I know because at one point in my life I was like that. I'll be honest, some of what cedu has to offer is actually good. For instance, sometimes young people need to get away from their parents, to be out on their own. Yet, they do not need someone constantly badgering them about how if they dont live a life of "being in agreement" they will fall back into their negative patterns.
      Now, I'll be fair with my argument. I'll look it through the eyes of a councilor that would be working at a cedu school. I would probably say something along the lines that their needs to be discipline, that the kids need to know who is in control, and that the councilors are there to not hurt but help them in their growth to adulthood. That this is for their own good, the pressure to conform to the cedu mold-to feel accepted not just by staff but from other cedu students who have accepted it so their stay may not be so painful. Look at those who rebeled, they were labeled, thrown into jumpsuits, constantly badgered. Now, I'm not saying that being a trouble maker was the best idea, in fact at the time I was a advocate against this kind of negative behavior that certain individuals represented. Why? Because I thought that if their were more delinquents running amuck, that the staff would crack down not just on them-but everyone. Which did happen. It sucked. All I wanted to do was watch cartoons, play frisbee, and stay away from trouble.
            In my entire stay at BCA, I only was on a few restrictions, never put into a jumpsuit-and never got hauled to ascent. In all honesty, I probably have one of the most uninteresting stories out of anyone, because I never did anything really "out of agreement" except bring back some anime tapes that were not stated on my home visit agreements (which I tried to sneak into the school)-and had me put onto a full time. Reading about the experiences of others is what really gets me riled about cedu though. You can try to break me down all you want, but when it came to my friends getting hurt, is what really pissed me off.
            Anyone who knows me will know who this is, it's rather obvious. I'm not afraid of cedu at all anymore, I'm in a special ops unit with the army, and I'm doing everything I can to live a descent life. I want to hear more about others experiences, to see if anyone is interested in one day writing a book filled with short stories about experiences they had while they were in attendance at one of the cedu schools. Hope to hear if anyone is interested, take care-out.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
.S.D.Q

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
The irony of it all..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Hell on Wheels on 2004-07-11 01:12 ]

Offline Nightstalker

• View Profile
The irony of it all..
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
Man, I remember the class "Bans MOTHER FUCKER!" god I loved that. I remember using that against Brandon Mcnelly whenver he came near me. Sometimes I wanted to be put on Bans just so I could have the power to say shit like that. I agree with you on the going back in time thing. Dont get me wrong, I would never want to go back to being in the cedu bubble, but to spend time with the friends that I made while I was there. I try to keep in touch with them, but it's not the same. Oh well, just have to drive on. Hopefully I'll have a reunion this summer with a few of them when I go on leave. Well take care-out.
.S.D.Q

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
The irony of it all..
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Hell on Wheels on 2004-07-11 01:12 ]

Offline Maximus

• View Profile
The irony of it all..
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 12:30:00 PM »
Brandon, nor any other student should have his dirty laundry or full name aired here. He, and all former BCA students are worthy of respect, dignity and humanity. Be careful, not to become the derkness of CEDU without knowing it.

Put down the abusers not the victims. A lot of kids had problems. Most will recover to become very successful while the bullies who teased them will remain bitter lost souls. I have seen it again and again.

I'm old now. I can testify that this is most always the case. I have left behind legions of bitter narcissistic tormentors. They cough up the dust in my path and curse me because they spent all of their time focusing on what is wrong with others instead of reinventing themselves.

Love them and maybe they will share when they inherit the earth.

Offline Hell on Wheels

• View Profile
The irony of it all..
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2004, 04:48:00 AM »
Sorry bout dat, sometimes it just slips. But there was just sometimes you couldn't take some jive-ass dickhead fucking your life up. What is so funny now, is that 90% of the jerk-offs inside are still jerk-offs outside. Odd wouldn't you think.