Author Topic: Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO  (Read 97907 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Thayer Learning Center in Kidder MO
« Reply #135 on: September 08, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
Slade graduated the program and went home for a month then was sent back by family.  I understand he is ms. willa's boy, i guess he tells her things that happen.  what hasppened to mr. jake is he no longer there?  who is the new man in charge is he family,too?  how many kids are there now?  anyone remember davis or mfadden?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 09, 2004, 04:35:00 AM »
hey , I just found this site, I got out in september(last year), after being there since march.Whatever happened to the sargent major dude?his name was douglas hammock I think.When he first came everyone was hypin him up and stuff, but I left about the same time he came.I dont think Slade is Ms Willas boy, when I got sent back to bootcamp once  we traded letters and let each other see what each others parents wrote, and i think his dads name was dave, and his mom was wendy.Why did he get sent back
Yeah George did die in an accident but thats all they told us,Didnt he die about a few days after he left?I remember George was always crying a few days before he left home.Most of us in Residency thought he commited suicide, because of the way he was acting before he left.
I dont think Greenleaf and Shokrin got caught in the "Act" but I remember being told that one of the junior staff woke up and shokrin wasnt there so the junior staff asked security to find him, and then ...I dont know, I heard that Shokrin denied it , but greenleaf told the truth so greenleaf got sent down to residency for a day then got sent back up to junior staff.I remember all the residents went down to bootcamp and I did too with them, it was only about 2 weeks after I moved up, so Shrokin was down with us then we all moved up to residency and he then grauduated.
It was talked about that eveyrthing was planned (residency, junior staff) because one of the peope down in bootcamp got a letter from his girlfriend sayin he would be in residency on a certain date, but it was marked out, but he saw through it lol, and sure enough he did move up then.I heard from another person that overheard a sargent talking about humphries becoming junior staff, well did he?Why did he run away?I would of been talking to alot of people from thayer, but my list of numbers I got written down got lost when I left Thayer.

Whatever happened to that guy Bakerly/Diarbakerly he was funny lol.He asked his parents could he go home and finish his school at home(you could get it done much faster at home, at thayer they make you do the self check tests, and you have to wait for a sargent to check it, while he has to check all the other 20 kids exams, basically your not going to fail because the sargent will tell you what questions you got wrong, and if you keep getting it wrong he will eventually tell you)Also he stole alot of muffins, and got alot of fines lol.

Is Sargent Atchison still there?He was one of my favorite sargents.I remember him talking about he had been their the longest out of the all the sargents.Did he go back to being a drill sargent in bootcamp?What happened to sargent sperry?How about sargent quinn, and sargent andrews.And how about avriatte, prindle, that mexican one that sargent atchison brought in?

Did clay really get sent to bootcamp in mexico where u sleep on a hill so you wake up with a headache?

To the person with the question about lollar, he basically left because thayer hired sargent major, he and his sister left.

Is Ms Jamie still working there?

Why did they lenghten the time becoming a resident?They already lengtehned it from 60 days to 90 days when I was there.When I was leaving I heard that bootcamp would no longer see the residents, like during "chow" etc, how did all that work out?

Why are they doing reconstruction again?

How did the classroom turn out that we painted?

How are the smoke sessions and parties there now?I remember the Atchison and Jensen one, where bootcamp ran about 70 laps, and had to do bearcrawls and pushups between each 10.At the end of it they all had to run a lap with everyone in line and no one falling behind.That took for ever lol.

How is that Barekman kid doing?I remember him gettin picked on all the time for pissin his pants lol.Did he ever become Junior Staff?

Did that kid Rosario ever lose weight lol?I remmeber when he got into residency he was still about 200 pounds lol.

There arent any real mental problems that surface, the program is easy really if you are in good shape, the only thing that makes a kid bad mentally is really al the sargents screamin at ya and shit.I just brushed that off and never really cared about it, but some kids always cried and couldnt get over some things.

What happened to Mathis, Villagas,Donaldson,Wentner,Desi,Walkenhaur,Mitchell,Olshansky,Farrington,Douglas,Centofante,Rutherford,Banks,Matthews,Humbleball.And that NBA Players son I think his name was Williams.

Who are all you people and how do you know all this, it seems like some of you people currently work there or were you "students" there?

For anyone who remmebers me Im Grundler I was there from March until September last year

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 09, 2004, 09:13:00 AM »
ms. jamie is gone so is atchison, jensen. all new faces.  avreatte went to the office to work. sperry is still there he has something to do with the jobs Jr staff does. barekman is jr staff,so is waulkenhaur and rutherford.  the guy williams went home, i was there for short time but dont want to go back. some sargents were ok others really mean.  i knew this kid that pissed his apnts every night and one that pissed in his bin.  the food was awful most of the time and i hate wheat we found alot of bugs in it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 09, 2004, 05:59:00 PM »
I remmeber the kid that pissed in his bin, he was there when I was there right (march to september last year), he was on Bravo team right?Shouldnt barekman and walkenhaur have already gone home?When i was there it took 9 months to 12 months to finish the program, how long does it take now?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 09, 2004, 06:12:00 PM »
it depends on how often you get sent back to bootcamp,how long you will be there. and you have to have all your school work done.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »
Did anyone listen to Annie Armen tonight. Ex TLC staff, Tim Rocha; as well as Shelby Earnshaw from ISAC and a british mom who pulled her son from Tranquility Bay this morning after an announced visit.

Go to the archives and select the Family Hub program.

1. This Thursday Evening, September 09, 2004 @ 5pm Pacific Standard Time: PREMIERE of Family Hub Series - Part 1:
Parental Discretion is Advised.

Topic: Behavior Modification Programs - What you DON'T know!

http://www.worldtalkradio.com/archive.asp?aid=2259

Parents, this is definitely the program for you. Tune in today and find out the truth about what really occurs in behavior modification programs,
boot camps, wilderness camps, and drug rehabs. Can such facilities be considered as cults, and/or involved in cult-like activities?
What ?treatments? are really being offered at these centers? Are your children being ?treated? or ?abused??
Do children commit suicide while / after going through the ?treatments? offered in these programs?

You are invited to join Annie Armen together with special guests Shelby Earnshaw, national director of ISAC Corporation http://www.isaccorp.org
and child advocate Tim Rocha, and UNITED, let's STOP the silence within and STOP the abuse throughout!

This show is sponsored in part by ISAC Corporation.
Check out ISAC's New Company Distinguished Guest Page on Annie Armen Live by visiting http://www.worldtalkradio.com/guests.asp?sid=97.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »
http://apps.northwestmissouri.com/Clien ... ubcode=HMA

is that the article you saw in the newspaper?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2004, 09:06:00 AM »
no,but it was like this one

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 19, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »
My child was at Thayer and we did not earn a family visit.  It was always something - stealing a muffin from the kitchen during cleanup because he was hungry was one reason.  Yea, and the certified teachers - what a joke!  And they really care about the kids - more like they care about the greenbacks - not the kids.  Even the kids that have stayed there say its nothing but brainwashing and a scam to take parents money.  It didn't take long for my son to see through it.  The parents are lied to about things like "tell you parents your school books are here", tell your parents you are getting along with the schoolwork.  Save your money - go to counseling.  I think the Court system is a better choice than Thayer!

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 19, 2004, 07:19:00 PM »
Parent Help is owned by the same people that own Thayer - very unbiased opinion you will get from Parent Help

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 19, 2004, 07:20:00 PM »
Parents pull the kids out because they are lied to and the children don't get the family visit - always a different excuse and $3500 a month is a high price with no education provided.  What a joke -- they are in it for the money.

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 19, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »
They help the kids get to college?  With one history teacher?  How does that work?

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 19, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »
And what was the price you paid for your daughter getting alot out of the program?  I guess your daughter finished the entire program.  Yea right!

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 19, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
What bothers me is that you say off-site visit with your son.  All family visits are off-site.  How long did you have to wait for your family visit - was it the advertised and publicized time span of 60-90 days.  Oh, wait, they changed that 60-90 days to 90-120 days didn't they.

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 19, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »
Maybe you should ask yourself why so high a turnover?  Thayer's turn is that they want only the best people employed.  Past employee's turn on this is the Bundy's are scammers and the kids are told to lie to their parents and cannot talk freely with their parents.  You are told you can't believe anything your child tells you - that's why they are enrolled at Thayer?  Sound familiar?