Author Topic: Jamie Gorelick  (Read 7887 times)

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« on: April 14, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »
For those of us who were in the trenches of the struggle against militant Islam beginning in the early 1990s, it is jarring to hear, of all people, Jamie Gorelick ? now a member of the 9/11 Commission ? hectoring government officials about their asserted failure to perceive how essential it is that the right pieces of intelligence get into the right hands. Equally bracing is to read the account of Gorelick's star witness, former counterterrorism coordinator Richard Clarke ? that hero of the last 15 minutes ? who bemoans how, even though he "had asked to know if a sparrow fell from a tree" during the summer 2001, the FBI and CIA nonetheless failed to stitch together disconnected bits of information about al Qaeda operatives and flight schools.

No one in his right mind could say that intelligence breakdowns related to 9/11 are not worth exploring. At issue, though, is the proper explorer. One would have hoped the appearance of objectivity, never mind the reality, would be the 9/11 Commission's guiding compass. Instead, the panel is beset by a gargantuan conflict of interest ? and it's starting to show.

THE ARCHITECT AS JUDGE
Commissioner Gorelick, as deputy attorney general ? the number two official in the Department of Justice ? for three years beginning in 1994, was an architect of the government's self-imposed procedural wall, intentionally erected to prevent intelligence agents from pooling information with their law-enforcement counterparts. That is not partisan carping. That is a matter of objective fact. That wall was not only a deliberate and unnecessary impediment to information sharing; it bred a culture of intelligence dysfunction. It told national-security agents in the field that there were other values, higher interests, that transcended connecting the dots and getting it right. It set them up to fail. To hear Gorelick lecture witnesses about intelligence lapses is breathtaking.

Jamie Gorelick also served as Asst. attorney General under Janet Reno which explains alot, she sits on this panel and not once has mentioned she authored the memo that put a wall up between the FBI and CIA to share info, should she not have recused herself from the 911 panel ? I think so, shit what a conflict of intrest.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »
everyone keeps going on and on about the comission being bi-partisan

ok that will never really be 100% but ok

but there's Janet reno who is probably going to try and save her as

how bout a commission free of people who are going to try and save their own asses

And why can't they inforce purjury rules like for a regular court case *turns and looks blatently at Condeleeza Rice....

Now children What is the 1st and most important rule!

Hell now, all these mistakes make my jaded little brain think that "they" ie: Cheney and Haliburtion and co. really did ugh I won't even say it.

I will say this though Condeleeza Rice blamed everyone for 9/11 but the people of the US themselves everyone but herself and her puppetteers.

God we needed some people from Straight on that fucking panal. anyone agree. She probably would of confessed to everything and a whole bunch of shit that didn't happen too.  

May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.
-- George Carlin

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 09:54:00 AM »
How could you expect Condie Rice to take full blame for 911, The Clinton administration boffled 3 attempts to get Bin Laden, I think Condie handled herself far better than any one of those self rightous panel members could have even wihsed. Fact of the matter is 911 happened and Al Cadea is relishing the fact that we are doing nothing but pointing fingers at eachother.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
but you have to admit condi was aware of the time and tended to talk around in circles wasting time so that questions could not be asked

I do not place the blame on this administration I think the Clintion administration was also responsible. But I think the ball was most definately dropped

and Condeleeza lied, Call it Straight hangover syndrome but she lied! she said "no meniton of attacks on US soil in the memo" the memo is released and boom there it is the US menitoned.

A lie a lie! I wonder if it is just a "straight thing" like brushing your teeth in the shower...but shit like that bothers me to no end.

It is like "she lied she lied!!!!!!" that should not be acceptable if you will lie about one thing what else will you lie about?

Freedom has a thousand charms to show, That slaves, howe'er contented, never know.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1840300051/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> William Cowper, a British Christian poet & hymn writer (18th century)

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
If your going to throw her in jail for lying (if she infact did) ya gotta throw Fat Uncle teddy K and the rest of capitol hill in jail for it to.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »
Kadee, I don't think that's just a Straight thing. It's not asif she were lying about something private, like a tryst w/ a subordinate in the office. She lied about whether or not the admin had info to prevent an attack that wound up killing a bunch of people on American soil. The rest of the hearing was all about what the admin was up to during that time. It seems to me that they were then and remain today totally wrapped up in a Pinkey and the Brain scheme to rule the world from Babalon. This AFTER the great big lie about WMD has been played out. They simply don't want to address it.

If you want to draw a parallel to the Program, I think they view these kinds of lies in the same light as telling a kid they're going to Disney World to get them into the intake room. In the end, in their view, it's for their own good. So what if you have to tell a few white lies, right? And so what if the damned kid never smartens up enough to appreciate it. They must be on drugs if they can't see the obvious benefit that justifies these little lies.

Marijuana in its natural form is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man. By  any measure of rational analysis marijuana can be safely used within the supervised routine of medical care.
Anonymity Anonymous
It is wrong to leave a stumbling block in the road once it has tripped you.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 03:12:00 PM »
yes indeed like we the proletariat..simply are far to ignorant to make any rational decisions anyway so might as well lie to us because we the common can't handle the truth

Is uniformity [of opinion] attainable? Millions of innocent men, women, and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined, imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity. What has been the effect of coercion? To make one half the world fools, and the other half hypocrites.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »
and patriot it is not a question of if she did or didn't anymore

it is a fact

Those who control the past, control the future; and those who control the present, control the past.

--George Orwell

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2004, 03:19:00 PM »
I must say I am not familiar with the part of her testimony where she lied, was she called on it? or did you hear it on CNN ? which has a problem reporting partisn to the demmies. really shoot me a link I would be interested in reading that part of her testimony, not saying it isnt true just havent read any reports on it.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »
Ok Kaydee, I have been digging through articles from the BBC,CNN,ABC,NBC, FOX nothing talks about Condi lying under oath, in fact I have read more praise in the way she handlee herself more so than anyrthing. I als wayched clips of her testimony and thought she did pretty dam good. Where are you drawing your conclusion from ?
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 03:35:00 PM »
prior to the recent release of the memo that outlines terrorist intentions on US soil she said in the her testimony that the memo never mentioned an attack on US soil that it only spoke about threats overseas and that it was a history outlining Osama bib ladens something with the US
the memo then under opressure from the 9/11 comission was released and made public and it states the US and NY specifically.

another interesting part of her testimony was when she said the FBI and CIA were fully briefed on possible threats and were supposed to be on full alert and the female panal member said there was no record and that she had asked
CIA and FBI officals if the had be "tasked" on this matter and they said no that there had been absolutely nothing said to them.

another lie

Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.

--Mohandas K. Gandhi

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 03:40:00 PM »
Like I said that doesnt spell out lie to me, if she lied under oath our wonderful liberal media would still be raking her over the coals and she came out smelling like a rose. Now remember prior to 911 the FBI and CIA thanks to UJamie Gorlick were not aloud to pool information which resulted in a lot of mis communications. Your sniffin pretty far down on the food chain on this one.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline thepatriot

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »
Like I said earlier, Bin Laden and company are relishing in all this hoopla. To put the president and vice president and cbinet under oath is a waste of time and money , its not a matter of cover their ass. There is a lot we will never know due to reasons of national security, and that is a fact.
This is a witch hunt and a waste of time, it could not have been prevented. The whole slick willy impeachment had more relavance than this.
arasota Straight Escapee

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2004, 03:48:00 PM »
I don't agree

we will have to agree to disagree

and the slick willy thing should have been left behind closed doors in the closet with monicas dress.

The only maxim of a free government ought to be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty.
-- John Adams, (1772)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Jamie Gorelick
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
alright one last time before I stop beating this poor dead horse

She said the memo never mentioned the US

they release the memo

it mentions the US

that is a lie

you don't agree?

If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs,
you and I, and Congress and Assemblies, Judges and Governors,
shall all become wolves.  It seems to be the law of our general
nature, in spite of individual exceptions.

http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787