Author Topic: # 5 Road & Peter moore  (Read 4652 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« on: April 11, 2004, 04:03:00 PM »
Pater Moore has a 20% stake in film and is g onna provide narration?

Boy that sure gives an biased appearance.

Elan will tell people that Peter Moore has a n axe to grind don't believe this film

I seriously question the judgemnent of the producers.

Didn't the Greenwich paper let
Peter go for writing stories with a bias?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2004, 05:01:00 PM »
i probably want to see Elan closed more than anyone.

I said Peter Moore  can't give the appearance of being unbiased.

The producers are the ones claiming this is an unbiased production.

I would like to see your production be successfull in exposing Elan. I don't think Peter Moore helps give it credibility. He is just another ex resident with an axe to grind.

The narrator of your prduction should be unquestionably non biased. Thats just common sense

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 09:44:00 AM »
Once again -- mistaken.  I have no idea who this is, but I do know the following:  

1.) You are a coward for remaining anonymous.

2.) I have no axe to grind with Elan.  I settled my resentments against the place years ago.  I do believe every former Elan resident, whether they love or hate the place, has been to battle and has a history that must be honored.  I personally apologized to Marc Rosenberg in late 2001 for trying to take down something that was his livelihood.  If, for some reason, some truths come out that hurt or help Elan, that's not my fault.  

3.) The Greenwich paper did not "let me go" for being biased.  I believe you're referring to an incident in early 2000 when I wrote a BALANCED story about past abuses alleged at Elan.  Nonetheless, I fully admitted the conflict of interest (which the editor had been aware of from the beginning) and was praised by the company publisher for writing a "thorough, professionally-written story."  We printed a small clarification and the matter was dropped.

4.) Later, in October 2003, after becoming the same paper's editor (how's that for a vote of confidence?) in 2001), I was laid off by the company who had just bought the paper.  The layoff had nothing to do with Elan; it was because I had a confrontational, tabloid-like approach to journalism and they wanted a cookie-cutter broadsheet.  I was given four weeks' severance pay and found another job in two hours with my old publisher -- the same one I mentioned in the previous paragraph.  Again, I ask you: How's that for a vote of confidence?

5.) I am not the narrator; that task will hopefully be handled by a celebrity of sorts who has nothing to do with Elan.  I AM the project's primary screenwriter and will be writing the narrative.  I am also conducting research and setting up interviews.  And yes, I do have a 20 percent stake in the project -- which is absolutely fair.  I am working hard.

6.) The story of Elan can ONLY be told by those who experienced it.  Most of the journalists who have never been near the place gave a somewhat inaccurate perception of Elan and certainly did not give their audience a feel for what the Elan experience truly embodied.  They couldn't.  It's impossible for an outsider to explain Elan.

7.) A documentary is, by and large, not journalism.  It's really something completely different.  Nevertheless, we intend to be as unbiased as possible.

8.) If you are so concerned about the objectivity of our project, why don't you help out your cause by coming on camera and giving an interview?

9.) You're still a coward.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
Like I said I think you have made my case that you are not objective about your Elan Experience .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »
After you personally apologized to Marc Rosenberg in  for trying to take down something that was his livelihood, now I think it's time for the FBI to personally apologize to Whitey Bulger for trying to take down something that was his livelihood. It's not like Marc Rosenberg's livelihood is a local mom and pop store, he makes his money by exploiting troubled children and their families. He's not even one of the nice staff, he's a complete asshole. And he has been there for a long time, which means that he was actually there when Elan was physically abusive, so he is not to be trusted. Now I have no personal problem with you- in fact I don't even know you, but myself and most other people who were there for Marc Rosenberg cannot stand him. I'm sure you do know that he is not the most popular staff at Elan.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »
Sure, I know that he wasn't popular with a lot of people.  With Marc, it was more personal.  He and I were good friends and I know that despite having a bit of a heavy bark, he was and is, for the most part, a gentle, kind-hearted person... to me at least.  Many people didn't know that side of him.  I did.  And I would never try to destroy him, because, contrary to what he thought, I cared about him a lot.  Still do, actually.  Do I agree with him on everything?  Hell no.  This also doesn't mean bad shit didn't happen at Elan... I know a lot of bad shit happened there.

I totally respect your dislike of him -- he might have hurt you and you have the right to be angry.

I will not discuss the movie anymore on this site.  If anyone wants to, you have our e-mail addresses.  [ This Message was edited by: Peter Moore on 2004-04-12 13:45 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 05:33:00 PM »
you won't discuss it anymore the conversation isn't going away. Thank you too much!! You have revealed plenty!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 05:37:00 PM »
oooh, u really have an effect on the production of no. 5 road, i be the producers are calling hbo right now and saying, oh no we cant give you a trailer cause some jerkoff, syphlitic after-berth from a mongolian gang bang,motha fucker says peter moore is biased, ohhh u are real powerful, take ur fucking conclusions and shove em up ur dirty little asshhole....  cause  u have about as much power here as a prisoner at guatanamo bay, u FUCK HEAD :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:  :flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »
Which way will Peter Moore blow next.
 One day he wants to close Elan. the next he's apologizing to Marc Rosenberg for trying to close Elan.

I would think long and hard about getting involved in any kind of project with Peter Moore

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2004, 06:41:00 PM »
yea think long and hard, just how u like it, long and hard u fuckin ass chewin fagot fuck! its not ur call and no-one gives a rats ass about ur useless anonymous opinion.. so SHUT THE FUCK UP ASSHOLE :exclaim:  :exclaim:  :exclaim:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »
oh hey Jordan you sound like a lovely person to get involved in a documentary with, Thanks for revealing yourself

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
actually my name is Matt Webb i was a student at elan 7, inded i am a friend of jordan's i owe him alot after he put up with all my bullshit when  i lived with there in philly.. so i wont stand for anyone trying to undermine a friend of mine.. matt webb , shocka webba mofo

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »
my apologies

Offline Pete

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
You obviously don't understand.  I gave up an idealistic hysterical quest as an immature kid with an unrealistic vision.  What the hell is wrong with that?

Oh yeah and the thought of Marc getting hurt is something that bothers me.  So I'm sensitive.  Again, what's wrong with that?

You seem to be able to pass great judgement from your moral hilltop.  So I ask again, Cowardly Anonymous One, who are you?[ This Message was edited by: Peter Moore on 2004-04-12 17:01 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
# 5 Road & Peter moore
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2004, 08:02:00 PM »
Jordan No problem. Sorry you had to endure that shit hole and survived.

My whole point was that Peter Moore blows every way on the subject and i don't think that make s him credible on Elan.

I would further suggest that Peter hasn't yet fully understood its complete impact on him.

I wish you and Dad every success with the project. i just felt and still do that your giving Peter Moore more than he's giving you.

My perspective is that Elan will be hurt by this documentary because there are to many outreageous storie sthat are true.

If I were Elan I would definitely jump on board this thing and get some spin on the story.