Author Topic: A recent KHK graduate  (Read 7372 times)

Offline Realitycheck

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« on: April 07, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
I recently graduated from KHK and I disagree with alot of what I am reading on this message board.  I have never witnessed physical or emotional abuse.  I understand that many people are angry about their experiences in programs like straight, but take it from me KHK does not compare.  I went through treatment in a supportive and caring environment.  I just wanted to pass this information on because I believe in KHK and their practices.  KHK is not like Straight.  Those who compare the two, are living in a fantasy world.  Get real and get some facts!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Bob Barker

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
The facts will all come to light in the Showcase Showdown
he price is wrong, bitch!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2004, 07:41:00 PM »
On 2004-04-07 10:37:00, Realitycheck wrote:

Get real and get some facts!

Workin' on it.

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naive and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.

--H.L. Mencken

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2004, 08:35:00 AM »
So you weren't denied communication with parents when admitted?  or you weren't armed or held by your belt loop? was the door left open when you used the bathroom?  no boxer checks?  no humiliation or confrontation in front of all the others?   The tactics they use in these places only teach you to beat yourself up in addition to that you were already doing that. Your psyche will not be well without good psychotherapy.

Offline Realitycheck

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2004, 12:27:00 PM »
Prior to entering treatment at Kids Helping Kids I was giving foul males blow jobs for drugs, disrespecting my parents, stealing from people I love, passing out in godforsaken places, and countless other self-destructive behaviors.  And yes, my parents tried "good psychotherapy" and I refused it.  Some of those things you mentioned may have happened at KHK, but I do not find them offensive or degrading.  I am a productive, happy, healthy, spiritual person, who is sober, because of the work I did at KHK.

Offline Realitycheck

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2004, 12:29:00 PM »
Prior to entering treatment at Kids Helping Kids I was giving foul males blow jobs for drugs, disrespecting my parents, stealing from people I love, passing out in godforsaken places, and countless other self-destructive behaviors.  And yes, my parents tried "good psychotherapy" and I refused it.  Some of those things you mentioned may have happened at KHK, but I do not find them offensive or degrading.  I am a productive, happy, healthy, spiritual person, who is sober, because of the work I did at KHK.

Offline ramprato

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2004, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2004-04-08 09:29:00, Realitycheck wrote:

"Prior to entering treatment at Kids Helping Kids I was giving foul males blow jobs for drugs, disrespecting my parents, stealing from people I love, passing out in godforsaken places, and countless other self-destructive behaviors.  And yes, my parents tried "good psychotherapy" and I refused it.  Some of those things you mentioned may have happened at KHK, but I do not find them offensive or degrading.  I am a productive, happy, healthy, spiritual person, who is sober, because of the work I did at KHK.  "

:roll: Geeeee, and I bet you had to CONFESS and TELL ALL to that captive audience there at 6070 Branch Hill Guinea Pike in order to be "promoted" huh?? You really think it was right for them to make you CONFESS all to a bunch of people so they would know ALL your private business??? Hello!!! What you "shared" with us just now was too much information and really none of our business. Your act of self-shaming yourself on this forum in order to "convince" us you DESERVED all that horrible treatment those people gave you at that building is in vain.

"Sex", "stealing", "disrespect "????? Hell honey, it's been happening all over the planet since the beginning of time (LOL). You don't need to become a brain-wash-ee in order to 'get over it' and stop, you don't have to depend on cult like KHK for permission. If you don't like puking, You just put down the booze.  

By the way, what happened to "Brew" mentioned in this article?
http://www.enquirer.com/editions/2002/0 ... ction.html

"Brew left without completing the program" ~ What the hell is this? Was he pulled? Did he run away? If so, WHY did he run? Was something going on there that terrorized him? People just don't leave for no reason, guess that reporter didn't follow up her story like she should of. Were/are you forbidden to mention his name from this point on? It's natural for human beings to be concerned about their fellow man, it's a God given right. So what happened to Brew?

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2004, 01:11:00 PM »
Funny how that kind of emotional vomiting seems to follow program people around.  For so long after I got out I was way[/b] too open with people about my life, even complete strangers.  I was later told by a therapist that it was a leftover PTSD symptom.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
--Anonymous

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Realitycheck

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »
It appears that by telling my story of the things I did because I used drugs only fuels you resentment towards an organization that only tried to help you.  If there were things I did that you find embarassing now, imagine how I felt keeping those things inside of me.  Being able to talk openly with my peers has kept me sober.  I don't live a life of lies.  If you enjoy living dishonestly in your resentment, go right ahead, I don't need this message board to "seek revenge".  I just wanted to set the record straight about KHK and give my honest interpretation of what I believe to be true and what how my life changed for the positive.  Sounds like you could still benefit from a place like KHK.  Sorry your living in misery.

Reality Check

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #9 on: April 19, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
I'm not living in misery at all.  I have a pretty good life.

An organization that tried to help me????????????  Talk about reality check!!!!

I don't live dishonestly, quite the contrary.  The resentment I feel is well deserved.

As far as keeping things inside you, when I feel the need to talk to someone, it's always a close friend.  I don't talk about such extremely personal things on a message board.  Another side effect of the program.....spilling out volumes of personal information to complete strangers.

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »
It is one thing to tell a person what you were doing before you entered treatment on a forum where no one has a clue who you are. I doubt reality check walks around telling that stuff to people. I was in Kids/Straight for 2 years and I never talked about that crap to people except when I was in treatment. If you truly want to see some vomit take a look at the Straight forum. There is vomit all over the place.

Offline Realitycheck

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »
I was under the impression that you (Cayohueso) acutally went through the Kids Helping Kids program, and I see that you weren't even a client there.  I am sorry if the program you went to was horrible and caused you to feel the way that you do, but KHK is not like that.  I wish that you would not speak ill of a subject you are ignorant about.  

~Reality Check

Offline Realitycheck

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2004, 04:27:00 PM »
Anonymous seems to have a true grasp on reality.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »
Yes but reality, did they teach you about proper boundaries? About how it's not good to go around spilling out everything just because someone asks you about it, a stranger say? Honesty is good, mostly with yourself, not with everyone who asks.

**If the idea of protecting yourself against others bad treatment or judgment sounds dishonest, then you are in a very scary place**

Did the people in KHK EARN the right and EARN your trust for you to tell them all that stuff? Or did they tell you you would die if you didn't? I hope nobody else comes along and tells you some similar BS, because I think you will fall and fall fast.

Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
A recent KHK graduate
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2004, 02:38:00 PM »
Realitycheck, you ask people to speak what they know, and that is all they, just as you, are doing.       If KHK helped you, great.  I'm sure you know from perusing these boards that AA has been great for some and not so great for others; so it goes for treatment centers...  There are even some ex-Straight-clients who believe that that crazy place helped them.  Unfortunately, Straight harmed more people than it helped, and considering that Straight spawned KHK, it is only natural for people who were harmed at the former to be concerned that anyone who attended the latter suffered a similar fate.

Keep in mind that the people whom Straight harmed the most were children whose alcohol and drug use (if any) did not go to the depths that you claim yours had gone to; on the contrary, many Straight clients embellished or even fabricated tales of their "druggie" experiences in order to avoid abuse and/or progress in the program.  Some even convinced themselves that these fabrications were in fact true -- that's the brainwashing part that so many here have been through, and are now looking out for in others and for others' sakes.
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.