Author Topic: ALA policy  (Read 6335 times)

Offline Paige

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
On 2004-04-10 08:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

Are you really sure you can face the storms when they blow?

You had better make sure before you go telling her she'll always have a home with you...

< it will do the girl a lot more harm than good to tell her she has a home 'forever' only to yank the rug out from under her and boot her ass when the going gets ruff....
then when Amanda becomes a problem, in which ever of the very many ways people do; Paige then tells her to get out;  she will have done her a huge disservice.....

Karen, do you mean a bigger disservice than her parents calling her a "Scumbucket" in front of the other children not allowing her to go to school and then shipping her off to Mexico and cutting her off from the rest of the family. Oh yeah did I mention that both the mom and the dad have stated to other family members as well as myself that they do not want her back.  

Well, enough on this for today.

If you can broker visitations please let me know. Thanks I do appreciate your concern.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aige

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2004, 12:56:00 PM »
Paige, Karen's concerns are not for
Amanda.  Karen's concerns are for the program.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2004, 12:58:00 PM »
Paige, I meant what I said. I wasn't talking about whats in the past (what ever the truth about it may be) but rather the future.
Her future.
She can learn valuable life skills; independent living skills; and reciece vocational training, all of which can go a long way to getting her feet on the path of a happy life, she is  content and satisfied with.
I'm Not saying you can't provide this as well; I don't know; I'm just asking you to think it over and make sure you are able to be of more help than harm, before you go making promises you can't or wont keep.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2004, 01:20:00 PM »
The girls are in a safe place and well cared for.  They are there because of choices they have made.  God has given us all a free will to choose to follow Him or to choose to follow the evil onel.  Unfortunately, the girls have made choices that are taking them down the path to destruction.  Abundant Live Academy is awesome.  I know.  I have been there.  Paige, you are not the mother.  It is not your business how the mothers of these girls are dealing with their daughters.  The daughters did not end up there because they made good choices.  Paige, pray that God's will be done, not Paige's will be done.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2004, 01:30:00 PM »
In response to Paige, because you are not the mother of the girl, it really doesn't matter what you think of how it was handled.  You have not been in the mother's shoes to know her anguish as to sending her daughter there.  And trust me, the mother would be there to visit if she could. As far as the brother sending email, would the email be from the brother or propaganda from you?  I am sure that is a deciding factor.  What I can tell you is that Abundant Life Academy is a safe, clean, and loving place.  I know, because I have been there.  The girl would not be there if she had been making appropriate life choices.  As far as taking her at 4:00 a.m., desparate situations call for desparate actions.  It is evident that the parents love this girl very much, as they are willing to be subjected to the poisonous, unhelpful comments from individuals, such as yourself, who really do not know what they have been through.  Pray for God's will to be done with the girl, not Paige's will to be done.  God our Father knows what is best, not Paige.

Offline Paige

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2004, 01:31:00 PM »
On 2004-04-10 09:58:00, Karen wrote:
"Paige, I meant what I said. I wasn't talking about whats in the past (what ever the truth about it may be) but rather the future.

Her future.

She can learn valuable life skills; independent living skills; and reciece vocational training, all of which can go a long way to getting her feet on the path of a happy life, she is  content and satisfied with.

I'm Not saying you can't provide this as well; I don't know; I'm just asking you to think it over and make sure you are able to be of more help than harm, before you go making promises you can't or wont keep.

"

Karen, I am quite sure you are speaking the truth and mean what you said.

Apparently you do not believe me and that is your perogative.

With living with me and her brother and having access to the rest of her family Amanda will receive valuable life skills, independent living skills, and receive a formal education  as well as counseling - all with a life that she is content and happy with now, not in the future but now.

As for promises that I can't or won't keep? - You certainly don't know me.

When I took her brother to live with me(Amanda was living with the great grandparents at that time and they wanted her to stay but could not handle both children. Pa Paw has since died and Ma Maw is now 96 I think. the counselors also suggested the sepearation with the intent and goal of reunification of the siblings) I promised this family, Amanda and her brother that I would give him a loving home for the rest of his life no matter what. I am a single parent and no it has not been easy but I am not going to abandon my son or his sister.

I also promised Amanda, her brother and this family that I would make sure that they would always be brother and sister, that they would always be able to be in touch with each other and that Amanda would always be a member of this family. She is welcome in my home just as she is.

I think that is called unconditional love. I have loved these children and this family (all of them)for 9 years and I am not going to quit now.

Karen, why is it so hard for you to believe that someone would be so willing to take this child? Isn't this what parents do? I am willing to be a parent to this wonderful child that others have discarded.

I find it hard to understand that you have so little faith in the love this family has for Amanda.Maybe someday you will be able to see.

But again thank you for your concern and by the way. If I was going to abandon Amanda why would I be consulting with attorneys and getting ready to take this into a court room.  I am committed to this family and to this child and I am not going away though I believe that once the law suit is filed there will be no more conversing on this site.
aige

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2004, 01:48:00 PM »
You are very mistaken.  There is not list of dangerous people.  You are paranoid.

Offline Paige

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2004, 01:58:00 PM »
On 2004-04-10 10:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You are very mistaken.  There is not list of dangerous people.  You are paranoid."

No - I am not mistaken that isthe exact verbage that is used on the ALA wesite. Apparently I know the website better than you do.
aige

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »
Paige, program people are control freaks, Karen included.  They believe they are the only ones who "know what is best."

Thinking that Karen would ever be able to help you with Amanda, is not logical.  Her son has worked for them and may still from time to time work for them.  She herself has said so.  Her family makes money from the program.  

Who knows "one day Nate be a program director."  Or, maybe one day he will own a program...."future investment."  There is more than one way for the Burnet's to be profiting off of "wayward" youth.  Could be now or it could really pay off later.  She has learned from her associates just how licrative this industry is.

Anyway, she is not going to help you to help Amanda.  All she is going to do is try and convince you that HER program of choice is "better."  It is all based on you trusting her and what she says.  If she had not erased all of her messages posted over the last year, you would be able to see exactly what kind of person she really is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #54 on: April 10, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
If that is the case, then after reading your rantings, then it is well that you are on the list.  I would certainly not want my children having contact with someone like you who wants to interfere with the choices that I make for them as parents.  Where do you get off thinking that what you want for the girl is better than what her parents want for her?  This is not an issue of what is best for her, but this is an issue of you wanting to be in control and you are not getting your way.  It would appear that you are not used to not getting your way.  This has nothing to do with the girl.  This is all about you.  I have been to ALA in Mexico.  It is a safe, clean, loving place.  The girls are happy.  They are very well cared for.  Of course she didn't want to be there.  Do you mean to say that you have never made her brother do anything he didn't want to do?  Only an unfit parent would never make a child do what they didn't want to do.  That is paret of the job of being a parent.  And along with it, part of the role of a parent is taking criticism from others who try to second guess us.  Paige, she is not your daughter.  You have not walked in their shoes.  You do not know the grief they have gone through. They have chosen this course of action to help her.  It is called tough love.  The prisons are full of individuals who were never shown tough love.  So Paige, if they didn't show tough love, and allowed her to continue the path she was walking, would you be there supporting them or giving further criticism down the road when she was in trouble with the law?  There are consequences for your actions.  She apparently was not willing to look to the future and see where her actions were taking her.  What you are attempting to do is just as bad as the relatives of Elian Gonzalez, the six year old who washed up on the shores of Florida.  His father wanted him back in Cuba, but the cousins wouldn't let him, because in their arrogance, they thought they knew what was better for him.  They, the cousins, were the ones who hurt the little boy.  They interfered with the parent.  In the end, justice prevailed and he was reunited with his father.  And rightly so, the relatives who tried to interfere, will not be having any contact with him any time soon.  If you truly love her, as you claim you do, then you will leave her alone.  Stop thinking about yourseslf and think about what you are putting her brother through, or don't you care?  Haven't these two children been through enough already without you putting them through more?  If you truly love her, then you will support her parents in their trying to help her, instead of tearing them down.  She needs to see the adults in her life who truly love her, unified, not divided.  You are the one causing division.  You do not have to agree with their choice in order to support them.  All you are accomplishing is giving justification as to why you shouldn't have any contact with her.  There is nothing in anything you have written that would make any parent want to let you near their child.  On the contrary.  You are interfering.  I applaud her parents for loving her so much that they are willing to stand the slander from you and the others who are second guessing their decisions.  Just because you don't agree, doesn't make it a bad decision.  Based on your writings, she is in a much better place where she is, than being subjected to an influence like you (someone who tries to undermine her parents authority over her).  Pray for God's will to be done, not Paige's will to be done.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #55 on: April 10, 2004, 06:43:00 PM »
I don't know Amanda's parents, but if her brother is living with Paige, and Amanda spent a substantial amount of time living with great-grandparents, it sounds as though Paige is a fit parent and Amanda's birth parents may well be unfit.

I suppose a juvenile court judge will ultimately have to make that call.

I think it is always right and proper to ask tough questions about the fitness of the biological parents if you know the kids have been in the custody of some other person or people for a substantial portion of their childhood.

The parents may well be fit, but the situation certainly invites the question.

Usually when some other relative or foster parent ends up with custody of the kid than the birth parents, there's a GOOD reason.

Not always, but usually.

And usually that reason involves there being something seriously wrong with the birth parents as parents.

Again, I don't know what the answer is, but the situation invites the question.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #56 on: April 10, 2004, 07:32:00 PM »
These are Amanda's adoptive parents it is a long story but was posted earlier on one of the ALA sites. I think the one called facts about ALA.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #57 on: April 10, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
Whoever wrote that long bunch of crud,  Elian Gonzalez? the will of Paige? Tough love? sounds like no love to me. Your an idiot. you haven't read any of this. maybe your the adoptive mom who dumped this kid when it got dificult for you and you just didn't want to bother with her anymore.

Offline Paige

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #58 on: April 10, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
"You do not know the grief they have gone through."

What grief? You don't know these people.You are making assumptions. Granted it has been an inconvenience for them but there has never seemed to be any love lost on this deal and remember they are the ones who said they didn't want her back.

but thanks for your opinion.
aige

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
ALA policy
« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2004, 07:45:00 PM »
Sounds like Karen to me and looks like her spelling.