Author Topic: Survivors Reunion  (Read 1950 times)

Offline Shelby

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« on: June 20, 2002, 06:48:00 PM »
I am attempting to organize a get-together for former clients of Straight and Straight-like programs. It would be an informal, kid-friendly event, for the purpose of getting to know each other a little better. Location would be Virginia or Maryland, I'm still working on that. If you are interested in attending, or have any advice (which I sure could use!) please email me soon.

Shelby

[email protected]

[ This Message was edited by: Shelby on 2002-06-20 15:49 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2002, 10:11:00 PM »
Hey Shelby!!!  Sounds like fun.  If you make it somtime in the fall, then I bet I could my wife and I could attend.  My parents have a farm in the mountains of WVA and we could attach it onto a trip up there.   Sorry you missed the St. Pete Conference.  Hopefully you and your family can make it next year.   I am especially looking forward to meeting teh Metal God.  C - ya

Mikey, the Sherminator

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2003, 12:39:00 PM »
dems wuz the good ol dayz

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 03:11:00 PM »
On 2003-05-16 09:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"dems wuz the good ol dayz"

Ce?

Offline Walstib14

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2003, 01:31:00 AM »
Hi Shelby!
 I would not miss this for the world!It would really do me some good to see some old friends!  All I need is a couple of weeks notice and I will be there! If you need help please drop me a line.

Take care
Rich
 :wave:
ometimes you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »
check the date on that OLD post, it was a blast last august, time's have changed. still might happen again, you never know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2003, 03:04:00 PM »
On 2002-06-20 15:48:00, Shelby wrote:

"I am attempting to organize a get-together for former clients of Straight and Straight-like programs. It would be an informal, kid-friendly event, for the purpose of getting to know each other a little better. Location would be Virginia or Maryland, I'm still working on that. If you are interested in attending, or have any advice (which I sure could use!) please email me soon.

Shelby

[email protected]

[ This Message was edited by:
 Shelby on 2002-06-20 15:49 ]
"

Good intentions, I'll be going to the conference in Florida in late July. Cannot do that much travaling in the same amount of time. You guys have fun. Peace. :smile:

Offline Wesswolf77

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »
I was in the Springfield, Va Straight from '84-'87. It was the single worst experience in my life, BUT it did teach me alot about emotions and other people. There are alot of staff and ass-kissers that I could go forever without seeing again, but there are alot of good fellas and some babes that I would love to see again! I swear, I won't misbehave! ::drummer::

Next the statesmen will invent cheap lies, putting the blame upon the nation that is attacked,  and every man will be glad of those conscience-soothing falsities, and will diligently study them, and refuse to examine any refutations of them; and thus he will by and by convince himself that  the war is just, and will thank God for the better sleep he enjoys after this process of grotesque  self-deception."  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0517150735/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Mark Twain, The Mysterious Stranger, 1916, Ch.9

ey! For the 1st time I decided to try and find you guys and, WHOA!!!17 years later...

Offline marika708

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2003, 10:17:00 AM »
I would love to go to a get together!  We do alot of large group type things in the parks here, we have some that are pretty nice and you can rent the grilling areas if you call ahead.  The only tip I would have for you is make it close to a main drag, interstate or main road and make it bring your own picnic basket.  That way you only have to organize a place and directions.  On a personal note the farther south you make it the better...

Marika

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins; all of them imaginary.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679728953/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> H.L. Mencken, 1923

arika
Atlanta \'83-\'84

Offline METALGOD8

• View Profile
Survivors Reunion
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2003, 09:01:00 PM »
Ok, I guess I goofed a bit when I relit this candle. This topic is from LAST year. Back when we were all "friends" and getting along, making plans, setting precedents for bringing the guilty to justice and saving the present and future generations from the Sembler founded program straight, inc. and its spawns. After that flame war back a few months ago, I figured it was time to post something that reminded me and others of better times. I try to look at as much of the bright side as possible.
To date, there has been only one reunion type event planned this year, and that is the conference down there in July in FL.
There may be some kind of Survivor Reunion 2003 later this summer, but for now, it is only an idea. (August?) What has happened over the last year is a lot of people have seen what's up, and talk a lot on the various forums but no plans as of yet have been made. Our place is in Virginia, so that is about as far south as it gets. The attendees last year were from VA, MD, NC, SC, DE, PA and one from Seattle. I would think that there would be some time to plan the next reunion, but with the conference being in Late July, it may be difficult to get people to make both. Last year we had 22 survivors and several kids, spouses, etc... 4 came to the Bonfire in December, lol... That was fun though, and there were plenty of leftover marshmallows.

MG8 :smokin: