Author Topic: Hyde / The family Foundation School  (Read 24375 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hyde / The family Foundation School
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2006, 01:23:00 PM »
On 2006-01-26 06:31:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Vocal minority!!!!!"
Exactly! :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2006, 03:30:00 PM »
Is it difficult sometimes to remember that the Very Vocal Minority doesn't represent the Silent But Humongous Majority?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2006, 08:42:00 AM »
On 2006-01-25 18:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Our daughter and family went to Hyde School, Woodstock, CT, for four years, 2000-2005. We have no regrets, except that we didn't start sooner. Hyde gives priority to family and Character development. Check them out: http://www.hyde.edu/page.ww?section=Adm ... +Challenge

Try Summer Challenge for a month:

SUMMER CHALLENGE (For Non-Hyde, Prospective, and New Hyde Students) July 10 - August 13, 2006

Summer Challenge is for teenagers, ages 14 - 18, who are looking for fun and challenging experiences. This program blends thrilling outdoor experiences with a dynamic character development program in which participants have the opportunity to connect with the positive influences that will drive them toward reaching their highest potential."

The description of Summer Challenge is total Bull!  It is also a way for Hyde to recruit family's for the upcoming school year.  They will tell each family how imperative it is to keep up the momentum and go to Hyde.  Then you are sucked in for another $50,000 which you can't get back should things not work out.  There is a high percentage of family's who get themselves into a position of knowing Hyde is no good for them and wanting to leave, but feeling stuck unless they can afford to walk away from that kind of money!

Hyde is NO SUMMER CAMP for developing character.  Character begins at home!  Save yourself the money and seek local counseling from a good professional and keep your child at home in a good loving environment where you can work together as a family 24-7.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »
Vocal minority! Want a tissue?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2006, 03:49:00 PM »
On 2006-01-27 10:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Vocal minority! Want a tissue?"

Are you talking about those same tissues that Hyde puts on the floor of the seminar room for the kids and parents who they degrade and humiliate until they burst into tears in front of everyone?  Hyde is a Cult and if you don't conform to their way of thinking, you are admonished as the people on this site are doing.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  If you had a good experience at Hyde, then great, but there are plenty of other people who had bad experiences and are suffering years later.  I am not invalidating your feelings, please don't invalidate mine or anyone else who chooses to post on this site!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 03, 2006, 11:54:00 PM »
I hate the Fucking Family Foundation School in hancock, ny.
hit me up if you agree.  i am working on a book to shut that place down.
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 09, 2006, 01:36:00 PM »
If you love your child you would not send them to the family school. I was there for 8 1/2 months. I'm scarred for the rest of my life. My parents regret sending me there. They don't have qualified teachers, they go out of there way to humiliate and degrade their 'students', they mock beliefs that aren't in the christian/judaic realm. I was starved there a punishment. I lost 60 pounds in a period of about 3 months because they didn't give me propper nutrition as a punishment. In place of regular meals, i would get a small helping of microwaveable cream of wheat for breakfast with water, and for dinner,, plain tuna fish sandwhiches. They put you on a 'work sanction', where you do meaningless labor instead of school! They yell, call their students names... they put down the belief system I grew up with... I wasn't there for drugs... I had depression and low self esteem! They don't even know how to do psychological testing! They only give one test, when it usually takes many to make a diagnosis! Please... make sure no one gets sent to that awful place!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 09, 2006, 04:21:00 PM »
This is a Hyde School board that originally was listed as both Hyde and Family Foundation.  If there is not a board for Family Foundation you are welcome to start one on Fornits

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2006, 08:44:00 PM »
i hate the family school.  don't send your kid there.
any questions, email me at [email protected]
grace

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »
there are many places even worse then hyde, Lockdown schools and certian wilderness programs, places where children are put in isolation rooms and stripped searched, i have heard these stories first hand from student at hyde who came for various lock downs in utah or flordia
 Lockdowns have even started outscourceing, putting schools in baja or other places right over the boarder so they dont have to comply with US child labor/abuse laws

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 08, 2006, 10:40:00 PM »
I went to the family foundation school about nine years ago I here they stopped duck taping the kids in blankets and putting them in closets however from what I here the humiliation and degrading has persisted sending my child there would no be an option no matter how troubled or difficult they had become if your child need s help I wish I could suggest a good place you sound like a good person and your doughter already sounds like she is on the right track I don't trust any of these places but my veiw is tainted  by the experince I had at the  familiy  although i exelled at school and sports and theater I can say i would never subject my own child to that sort of treatment for a grade I would rather they get an f and save their spirit and most people get high after they leave there I stayed sober for four years after I left there relapsed and now have 3 years i had to go to therapy about it gotta go back to work