Author Topic: No Class Action Lawsuit  (Read 2866 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »
Uhhhhhhh.....somebody fucked something up here....
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2004, 10:31:00 AM »
seems some know that a strong defense is a good offense.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
I sort of took the comment about fornits going down as sarcasm. The gist of the myth seems to be that the Huron suit was nothing but smoke and mirrors from PURE and that, just like the Huron suit, the suit possibly intended to take down this site is also a load of horse droppings. The drift seems to be coming from a WWASPy point of view; i.e. PURE is bad and dishonest, therefore everything anyone ever affiliated w/ (or cajoled by) PURE is similarly tainted. It's the poisoned well fallacy, if you want to categorize the argument by accaemic standards.

Reality, as I see it, is more like this. I don't know anything about the Huron suit. I hope it really does materialize in some way that serves to shed light on the troubled parent/ private prison industry. Spots seems to know something about it. Doesn't matter one bit what anyone not privy to the confidential details of the case thinks, says or would like to believe about it. The only thing that matters in a lawsuit is what is allowed into evidence.

I don't have any groupies, though I'm grateful to have won the respect and admiration of a few really impressive friends.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not the least bit surprised by Scary John's refusal to investigate the troubled parent industry's private teen gulags. AOGC has been closely affiliated with IBLP in the past and probably at present. How could they condemn the Mormon and Baptist affiliated teen gulags w/o bringing down some scrutiny on the Character Inn and ALERT?

http://www.iblp.org/iblp/

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2004-03-02 12:29 ]
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Kiwi

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2004, 08:33:00 AM »
The Huron/Masrey lawsuit is not a class action suit; it is a direct action suit.

Could someone please explain to us non-legal people what a direct action suit is?  In my ignorance, I thought direct action was the sort of thing Greenpeace did.

The only references to direct action lawsuits I have found relate to insurance.  Does this mean it is WWASP's insurers who will be sued?  Or the insurance companies that payed the fees?  Or have I got completely the wrong end of the stick?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2004, 01:39:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #20 on: March 06, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »
On 2004-03-05 22:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

" :???:

http://www.bridgetounderstanding.com/cg ... ?read=1475"

Kiwi - Not sure what the difference is between a class action and a direct action lawsuit.  

http://www.browardpta.com/_disc1/00000013.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #21 on: March 06, 2004, 02:03:00 AM »
Class Complaint/Class Action

A class action is a civil court procedure under which one party, or a group of parties, may sue as representatives of a larger class. To proceed, the court must permit the class action. If the class action is certified, members of the class must be given notice, and the opportunity to exclude themselves from the proceeding. Only the class members who opt out are not bound by the judgment in the case.

Class actions in federal courts are governed by Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23. In recent years, the Congress has passed two statutes by overwhelming majorities that are designed to reign in some of the abuses in class action securities suits brought against high tech companies. These are the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and the Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act (SLUSA), passed in 1998.

-----------------------

Can find no legal definition for Direct-Action lawsuit.  Perhaps somebody else can answer the question?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #22 on: March 06, 2004, 04:06:00 AM »

On 2004-03-05 22:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-03-05 22:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

" :scared: .  

Unfortunate that the Broward school district allows PURE to post her marketing agenda on their website?  http://www.wwasprebuttal.com/

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #23 on: March 06, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »
On 2004-03-02 11:24:00, Antigen wrote:

"I sort of took the comment about fornits going down as sarcasm. The gist of the myth seems to be that the Huron suit was nothing but smoke and mirrors from PURE and that, just like the Huron suit, the suit possibly intended to take down this site is also a load of horse droppings. The drift seems to be coming from a WWASPy point of view; i.e. PURE is bad and dishonest, therefore everything anyone ever affiliated w/ (or cajoled by) PURE is similarly tainted. It's the poisoned well fallacy, if you want to categorize the argument by accaemic standards.

Reality, as I see it, is more like this. I don't know anything about the Huron suit. I hope it really does materialize in some way that serves to shed light on the troubled parent/ private prison industry. Spots seems to know something about it. Doesn't matter one bit what anyone not privy to the confidential details of the case thinks, says or would like to believe about it. The only thing that matters in a lawsuit is what is allowed into evidence.

I don't have any groupies, though I'm grateful to have won the respect and admiration of a few really impressive friends.

Oh, and BTW, I'm not the least bit surprised by Scary John's refusal to investigate the troubled parent industry's private teen gulags. AOGC has been closely affiliated with IBLP in the past and probably at present. How could they condemn the Mormon and Baptist affiliated teen gulags w/o bringing down some scrutiny on the Character Inn and ALERT?

http://www.iblp.org/iblp/

It is one of the most beautiful compensations of life, that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself.

--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Ginger Warbis ~ Antigen

American drug war P.O.W.

Seed sibling `71 - `80

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)

10/80 - 10/82

Anonymity Anonymous

[ This Message was edited by: Antigen on 2004-03-02 12:29 ]"

Yes, you have the respect and admiration of CAREY.  You're making very "impressive" friends Ginger. ha ha ha ha ha ha ha LOL!!!!!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »
On 2004-03-05 23:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Class Complaint/Class Action

A class action is a civil court procedure under which one party, or a group of parties, may sue as representatives of a larger class. To proceed, the court must permit the class action. If the class action is certified, members of the class must be given notice, and the opportunity to exclude themselves from the proceeding. Only the class members who opt out are not bound by the judgment in the case.

Class actions in federal courts are governed by Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23. In recent years, the Congress has passed two statutes by overwhelming majorities that are designed to reign in some of the abuses in class action securities suits brought against high tech companies. These are the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, and the Securities Litigation Uniform Standards Act (SLUSA), passed in 1998.

-----------------------

Can find no legal definition for Direct-Action lawsuit.  Perhaps somebody else can answer the question?

"

Seems to me there ought to be a way to independently verify whether the lawyers in this case have made (or plan to make) an attempt to get this proposed class-action "certified" rather than speculate or rely upon heresay information.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »
Those that are posting the class/direct action are merely counting on the "threat" to drive people away.  The "threat" has been posted on this forum and others for about a year with no "meat" to back it up.   :rofl:  :wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2004, 09:27:00 AM »
Is this a complete list?
Bell Academy (California; now closed)
Brightway Hospital (Utah; now closed)
Carolina Springs Academy (South Carolina)
Casa by the Sea (Mexico)
Cross Creek Center (Utah)
Cross Creek Manor (Utah)
Dundee Ranch, Costa Rica (closed)
High Impact, Mexico (closed)
Ivy Ridge (New York)
Majestic Ranch, Randolph (Utah)
Midwest Academy (Iowa)
Morava Academy (Czech Republic; raided and closed)
Pacific View, Mexico
Paradise Cove (Western Samoa; closed)
Red Rock Springs (Utah; closed)
Spring Creek Lodge (Montana)
Sunrise Beach (raided; closed)
Tranquility Bay (Jamaica)

Kiwi, as I understand it, the difference between a class action and a direct action comes down to the number of plaintiffs. In a direct action, it's an individual seeking something from the defendant(s). No one else is involved but the wittnesses.

In a class action, it's one or more individuals representative of a larger class of individuals and seeking something from the defendant(s) for all members of that class. Here's a site w/ some info on class actions:

http://classaction.com/

Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves

--Ronald Reagan

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #27 on: March 07, 2004, 12:37:00 PM »
A class action is a civil court procedure under which one party, or a group of parties, may sue as representatives of a larger class. To proceed, the court must permit the class action.

-----------------------------------------------
Have the party or parties of the class-action sought permission (certification) to sue and did the court grant or not grant permission?  

:???:

Offline spots

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #28 on: March 07, 2004, 04:08:00 PM »

On 2004-03-06 22:48:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Those that are posting the class/direct action are merely counting on the "threat" to drive people away.  The "threat" has been posted on this forum and others for about a year with no "meat" to back it up.   :silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
No Class Action Lawsuit
« Reply #29 on: March 07, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »
Tiny little minds is hitting the nail on the head. :wave: