Author Topic: I saw The Passion Of The Christ tonight  (Read 26679 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I saw The Passion Of The Christ tonight
« Reply #60 on: February 29, 2004, 10:40:00 PM »
Greg, do I believe God is real?  I do.  Why?  Because I have seen evil, up close and personal.  To know evil is to know God.  Simple as that.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 29, 2004, 10:52:00 PM »
You're damned right you have! ME.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 29, 2004, 11:31:00 PM »
glad you believe, but "evil" is no more evidence of god than biscuits are evidence of grits.

Your faith is commendable, but your lack of reasoning is blatant.  If you want to convince others of the existence of a supernatural god, you are going to have to come up with something based in actual logic not feel good statements or contradictory reasoning...

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2004, 12:33:00 AM »
On 2004-02-29 20:31:00, GregFL wrote:

"glad you believe, but "evil" is no more evidence of god than biscuits are evidence of grits.

Your faith is commendable, but your lack of reasoning is blatant.  If you want to convince others of the existence of a supernatural god, you are going to have to come up with something based in actual logic not feel good statements or contradictory reasoning...

"

Greg, all I know is the universe is unfolding as it should.  That's faith, not faulty reasoning.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »
On 2004-02-29 21:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-02-29 20:31:00, GregFL wrote:

"glad you believe, but "evil" is no more evidence of god than biscuits are evidence of grits.

"

Greg, all I know is the universe is unfolding as it should.  That's faith, not faulty reasoning."

Nothing but more blather. this is a fun topic, anyone out there capable of debating it on a more intellectual level than catch phrases with little or no meaning?

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2004, 09:17:00 AM »
Greg, all I know is the universe is unfolding as it should.

That's right! As they told you in RSC, "Things are as they should be."  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
would disagree with Sagan that clergy should be celibate...my kids saw a priest interviewed on TV and they called him father- they looked at me puzzled and said - "I thought God was the Father"..alas he is...point being no one can tow that line -  human flesh anyway - anyone that stands for Christ is a target for the enemy that's number 1 then add to that unreasonable expectations of celibacy...no wonder the problems with the priests and interesting that it's little boys that were abused?

Religion sucks and is man's way and really all God wanted was a relationship with his creation and had to finally send his son to ransom his children back so that a relationship is possible..when Jesus gave up his spirit the curtain in the temple ripped from top to bottom..that curtain was the way to the holy of holies and Jewish priests were only allowed behind and then with much preparation and sometimes tied to a rope for retrival...but after it ripped it symbolized that we all can go behind the veil and have access to the throne..

I attend a non denominational church as I find there are so many denominations that are tied up in their statements and proclamations that I can't find in the Bible...He loves the church however and of course you see hypocrites there- they are fallen man...if you find a church w/o hypocrites I'd stay away...

Self control is the final gift of the spirit..love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control...must be something to the order- self control seems simple yet it is like the Apostle Paul said...I find myself doing what I don't want to do and not doing what I want to do...I can relate to that...

this behavior adjustment industry seems to be after self control and perfection yet that is not possible...yet through the Lord I've found self control- usually

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 01, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »
I prefer the fairy tale about the boy who climbs a beanstalk up to the clouds and slays a giant--it's a little more believable than the fairy tale you're so fond of.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »
On 2004-03-01 07:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

Religion sucks and is man's way and really all God wanted was a relationship with his creation

I attend a non denominational church as I find there are so many denominations that are tied up in their statements and proclamations that I can't find in the Bible...He loves the church however and of course you see hypocrites there- they are fallen man...if you find a church w/o hypocrites I'd stay away...

Self control is the final gift of the spirit..love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, gentleness, goodness, faithfulness, and self control...must be something to the order- self control seems simple yet it is like the Apostle Paul said...I find myself doing what I don't want to do and not doing what I want to do...I can relate to that...

this behavior adjustment industry seems to be after self control and perfection yet that is not possible...yet through the Lord I've found self control- usually "

Well said.  ::heart::

The function of the press is very high. It is almost holy. It ought to
serve as a forum for the people, through which the people may know freely what is going on. To misstate or suppress the news is a breach of trust.
--Mr. Justice Brandeis

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 01, 2004, 12:15:00 PM »
"Religion sucks and is man's way and really all God wanted was a relationship with his creation and had to finally send his son to ransom his children back so that a relationship is possible..when Jesus gave up his spirit the curtain in the temple ripped from top to bottom..that curtain was the way to the holy of holies and Jewish priests were only allowed behind and then with much preparation and sometimes tied to a rope for retrival...but after it ripped it symbolized that we all can go behind the veil and have access to the throne.."

And this supernatural omnipotent all powerfull creator could not manage this on his own without creating a children's morality lesson?  come on, read what you write. This "god" has to ransome his son, has to rip curtains, thrones,etc.

People, listen to yourselves.  This is mans creation, not a god. If a supernatural god wanted contact, he could talk to his subjects directly a la the fable of Zeus.

This stuff is so silly. Here is a frightening statistic for you.

Many americans are christians. Also, half of all adults believe in ghosts, a third believe in astrology, and a quarter believ e in reincarnation. Two thirds believe in heaven and hell.
(source-the scientific of claims of the paranormal)

All without any evidence except for swarmy sentences and feel good declarations. We really haven't come so far from the dark ages after all.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2004, 12:16:00 PM »
You don't need to attend a church, you need to get straight...  :lol:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 01, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »
On 2004-03-01 07:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"would disagree with Sagan that clergy should be celibate...my kids saw a priest interviewed on TV and they called him father- they looked at me puzzled and said - "I thought God was the Father"..alas he is...point being no one can tow that line -  human flesh anyway

Go back and look at WHY Sagan said they should be celibate.  

- anyone that stands for Christ is a target for the enemy that's number 1 then add to that unreasonable expectations of celibacy...no wonder the problems with the priests and interesting that it's little boys that were abused?

Oh, please......the poor priests can't have sex and they feel persecuted....so they abuse little boys?????  COME ON!!  

Religion sucks and is man's way and really all God wanted was a relationship with his creation and had to finally send his son to ransom his children back so that a relationship is possible..when Jesus gave up his spirit the curtain in the temple ripped from top to bottom..that curtain was the way to the holy of holies and Jewish priests were only allowed behind and then with much preparation and sometimes tied to a rope for retrival...but after it ripped it symbolized that we all can go behind the veil and have access to the throne..

what???

Jails and prisons are the complement of schools; so many less as you have of the latter, so many more you must have of the former

--Horace Mann

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 01, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »
disagree that most Americans are Christians..most say they believe in a God- big difference...most have a mixed basket of beliefs I would term that a "new age" believer kinda making it up as you go along and whatever feels right to your brain add it in..

and most Christians I meet are not filled with the Holy Spirit-baptised by Jesus with fire and power just as John the Baptist said..(for me the cool part) thus they aren't yet possessed by the Holy Spirit and do not yet wear his eyes and ears so they still are living (in control) ..not as the word says..it is not I that live but He that lives in me...when that happens you can discern much and also hurt as he hurts, hate what he hates, etc..also then have a real distaste for things that are not of God like..astrology, psychic, voodoo,witchcraft, or whatever people rely on besides the Living God.

brains and pride can be dangerous things in the Kingdom of God ...I see all these bumperstickers reading the Power of Pride with a American Flag...He HATES pride but loves those who trust in what you cannot see...if we could see into the spiritual we'd probably all go Duh!!!

after your experiences it must be hard to imagine that anyone could love YOU enough to send his son to die for you but that's exactly what happened...so like it or not - recieve or not - Somebody layed down their life for you!

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 01, 2004, 05:56:00 PM »
Sucker.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 01, 2004, 06:04:00 PM »
On 2004-03-01 14:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

brains and pride can be dangerous things in the Kingdom of God ...

1.  yeah, they seem to be dangerous qualities for cults members too...hmmmmmm...

2.  guess that's why I'm not there....brain's too big.  :roll:

When I told the people of Northern Ireland that I was an atheist, a woman in the audience stood up and said, "Yes, but is it the God of the Catholics or the God of the Protestants in whom you don't believe?"  
-- Quentin Crisp

[ This Message was edited by: cayohueso on 2004-03-01 15:06 ]
t. Pete Straight
early 80s