Author Topic: I saw The Passion Of The Christ tonight  (Read 26488 times)

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
I saw The Passion Of The Christ tonight
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2004, 10:19:00 AM »
Hey anon - it was just a myth. A good story. people like that kind of thing. Quit trying to piss on people's parade, you little fuckwit. I'll see your sorry ass in hell, mutherfucker.  :flame:  :rofl:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2004, 10:59:00 AM »
Hey Man,
You believe what you want to believe....thats your choice as it is mine. I can tell you this though, when I try and live my life the way the "stories" from the bible where telling us and the way I understand them....my life is a whole lot better, I treat people better, I feel better, I tend to base my decisions on more of a good moral value rather then selfish values. I actually want to help people rather then just want to help myself

Just think for a second with my last statement. If everyone in this world made their decisions based on their very own good morals and not their own selfishness.....don't ya think things may be just a little different? But We always tend to think WE know what WE want and need and it turns into a "fuck everyone else" society just like back then as the stories describe. Bottom line is we are selfish people and we are scared.

If this is all just a myth, it's a damn good one that I am willing to look at and try and learn from.

"Don't only love the lovable, but love the unlovable as well"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 28, 2004, 12:55:00 PM »
On 2004-02-28 07:59:00, Scott D wrote:

"Hey Man,

You believe what you want to believe....thats your choice as it is mine. I can tell you this though, when I try and live my life the way the "stories" from the bible where telling us and the way I understand them....my life is a whole lot better, I treat people better, I feel better, I tend to base my decisions on more of a good moral value rather then selfish values. ""

Really.. YOu try to live your life like the stories in the bible.  Hmmm....

Next time you see a group of 42 children make fun of a guy and call someone baldie, have your god invoke two she bears to tear them from limb to limb.

Or better yet, have a group of angels gang rape a woman....

Or, how about beating and raping your slaves, as approved by "the bible".

Or, next time we invade a country, enslave and rape all the women as god instructs us to do in the bible.

Yep, keep living your life according to the "Good book"

Atta boy....

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2004, 12:59:00 PM »
Shut the fuck up, anon!

God is great, God is good.
Too bad your fuckin' head
is made of wood..
AMEN!

Now go chase yourself around the block a few times, or go jerk off. You've got too much pent-up energy.  :rofl:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »
On 2004-02-28 07:59:00, Scott D wrote:

"Hey Man,

You believe what you want to believe....thats your choice as it is mine. I can tell you this though, when I try and live my life the way the "stories" from the bible where telling us and the way I understand them....my life is a whole lot better, I treat people better, I feel better, I tend to base my decisions on more of a good moral value rather then selfish values. I actually want to help people rather then just want to help myself

Just think for a second with my last statement. If everyone in this world made their decisions based on their very own good morals and not their own selfishness.....don't ya think things may be just a little different? But We always tend to think WE know what WE want and need and it turns into a "fuck everyone else" society just like back then as the stories describe. Bottom line is we are selfish people and we are scared.

If this is all just a myth, it's a damn good one that I am willing to look at and try and learn from.

"Don't only love the lovable, but love the unlovable as well""

That's all fine and great.  I believe too, that we can all get something out of the Bible, HOWEVER.......I do NOT view it as historically accurate at ALL.  Neither do most true historians.  Hell, the Gospels weren't even written until 30 years AFTER the death of Jesus (I do believe he was a real person who tried to make his world a better place, but the rest...???)  It seems to me that most Christians really believe the Bible LITERALLY.  These stories are written by men, not God, and man being what he is (succeptable sp? to his own prejudices and beliefs) the accounts cannot be viewed as "history".  A lot of the miracle stories you read about in the Bible could be explained away with todays technology and understanding of our world.  Remember, these people lived in different times....if they saw a comet in the sky, how were they to explain that????  Ahhh, yes......it's a SIGN FROM GOD.  Makes sense back then, but not today.  Same thing with the 'great flood' and the parting of the Red Sea.  The great flood was, most likely, a flood of proportions that no one had ever seen before...they needed an explanation.  There is a place in Australia (I'm fairly sure it's Australia) that at certain times of the year the tides go out so far that an entire bay is emptied.  If people back then saw something like that, that they had never experienced before and it was an unusual occurence like an entire bay being emptied, how do they explain that to people???  GOD did it.

The Bible can be a great book to learn from IF we keep it in the context in which it was written. Just my humble opinion.

If All it takes is an infinite number of monkeys with type writers, then how come there's no Shakespeare coming out of AOL?
-- Anonymous

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »
Sure, you can learn a lot from the bible...mostly the mind set and superstitous beliefs of the people who wrote it. Remember these were for the most part dirty stoneage middle eastern people, not a group of people I would base my moral belief system upon.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2004, 01:34:00 PM »
I wasn't saying it was a good idea to base your entire belief system on it, but just like I can learn something from Aesop's Fables, I can learn something from another work of fiction too.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345371984/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2004, 01:35:00 PM »
moral belief system

HAHAHAHA! Moral belief system! That's a good one.. :lol:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »
very true indeed.

Dr. Fucktard, go find some other toy to play with, this is a forum for ideas not idiots, and the adults here are trying to discuss an issue and you are only amusing yourself.

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2004, 01:51:00 PM »
I am by all means no expert on the bible, not even close. I have a difficult time understanding the text (King James Version) but, the few things that I have learned and picked up but, most importantly to me is my own spiritual connection.....what I mean by this is the times when I need to make a decision about something or deciding factor in a action that I am about to make and I just know what the right choice is in my heart and in my gut. I make mistakes and I make wrong decisions at times and then there are other times when there is just something else going on.

The principles of the Bible are incredible and most people that don't believe or have other ideas about it still typically say that those guidelines in living life seem come together and make some sort of sense in finding self worth and peace.

I'm not here trying to convince anyone to believe in any certain religion. I am only speaking for what I have personally found in my own life and what makes me want to continue to live.

I can say this for a fact though about myself, every single time I walk away or close the door on God and take my life over like I know whats best for me...meaning, doing what ever I want , how I want and when I want and not even having the willingness to ask for some sort of help to him, my life rapidly turns to shit and gets very bad.

But, again this is just me. Don't let me fool you either. I do shit wrong and I have made and still make bad decisions based on my own selfishness at times, but I am trying hard to change that within myself and its a daily effort for me. There are many times when I question stuff from the bible and I question God directly, I get pissed off sometimes at him and I left him know it. Luckily for me, he can handle it and I don't have to understand everything. It's hard there is no question about it.

These are my beliefs and experiences and it is how I choose to try and live. I am no better then anyone else. I just want to do whats right for other people and myself and attempt to live a meaningful life of some sort. Am I wrong for this?

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2004, 02:24:00 PM »
On 2004-02-28 10:51:00, Scott D wrote:

I can say this for a fact though about myself, every single time I walk away or close the door on God and take my life over like I know whats best for me...meaning, doing what ever I want , how I want and when I want and not even having the willingness to ask for some sort of help to him, my life rapidly turns to shit and gets very bad.

But these can just as plausibly come from your own internal value system.  I tell my kids that the most important lesson I can teach them is to listen to their GUT, their TRUE GUT...that's usually a fairly good moral compass if one is capable of taking a critical at one's self.  Yes, if I just do what I WANT all the time, things go badly, if I do the things I know that I NEED to do...things usually work out.  We all know the difference between right and wrong, for me it's a question of whether or not I'm going to listen to the little voice in my head, i.e. conscience, and following that.

These are my beliefs and experiences and it is how I choose to try and live. I am no better then anyone else. I just want to do whats right for other people and myself and attempt to live a meaningful life of some sort. Am I wrong for this?"

Of course you're not wrong for this....express your opinions, that's what I thought you were doing.  If it helps you to live a better life to believe what you believe...fantastic...I mean that sincerely, but, IMO, the same thing can be accomplished through listening to my own innate sense of what is right and what is wrong.  Just MY opinion.

you Momma is a big fat's ________
--Leroy Brown

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2004, 04:21:00 PM »

The principles of the Bible are incredible and most people that don't believe.....

You mean like this principle found in genesis?

17:14
And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

or how about this "principle" to live by?

12:29
And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

12:30
And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

These are but two of thousands of such ridiculous, cruel and plainly wrong quotes taken from the bible. Son of God? In Genesis, God has many children

6:1
And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

6:2
That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

GIANTS????

6:4
There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

We haven't left Genesis yet and WOW, what a STORY is developing. I think the movie should have been about these stories!!!!

I think perhaps Scott, you heart is in the right place but you really haven't read the book you profess to live by and love so much.  It is full of the worst of  contradictions, cruelty, misogny, and other crimes against humanity. In addition, it in detail describes ritualist killing of animals to appease god.

In other words, it is bullshit.

Offline Dr Fucktard

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »
Dr. Fucktard, go find some other toy to play with, this is a forum for ideas not idiots, and the adults here are trying to discuss an issue and you are only amusing yourself.

A couple of reasons: This is not the sort of thing you want to say to a troll (which is what they're calling me) to get him/her to stop "trolling." In fact, the best thing you can say to a troll is...yep, you guessed it - NOTHING AT ALL. So, you are foolish to think that I would stop just because you try to tell me to. Quite the contrary, my stupid friend, quite the contrary.  :lol:

Next: Apparently, I'm *not* the only one amused by my postings. I will not humor you by naming names. 'Ta...

Offline taureana

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
On 2004-02-28 13:21:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

The principles of the Bible are incredible and most people that don't believe.....

You mean like this principle found in genesis?

17:14

And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

or how about this "principle" to live by?

12:29

And it came to pass, that at midnight the LORD smote all the firstborn in the land of Egypt, from the firstborn of Pharaoh that sat on his throne unto the firstborn of the captive that was in the dungeon; and all the firstborn of cattle.

12:30

And Pharaoh rose up in the night, he, and all his servants, and all the Egyptians; and there was a great cry in Egypt; for there was not a house where there was not one dead.

These are but two of thousands of such ridiculous, cruel and plainly wrong quotes taken from the bible. Son of God? In Genesis, God has many children

6:1

And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

6:2

That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

GIANTS????

6:4

There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

We haven't left Genesis yet and WOW, what a STORY is developing. I think the movie should have been about these stories!!!!

I think perhaps Scott, you heart is in the right place but you really haven't read the book you profess to live by and love so much.  It is full of the worst of  contradictions, cruelty, misogny, and other crimes against humanity. In addition, it in detail describes ritualist killing of animals to appease god.

In other words, it is bullshit.

"

FYI

1.  God made circumcision mandatory for Abraham in 1919 B.C.E., a year before Isaac's birth.  God said:  "This is my covenant [promise] that you men will keep . . . Every male of yours must get circumcised."  Not only the Israelites practiced circumcision, but also the Egyptians, Moabites, Ammonites and Edomites did too.  Circumcision was made a mandatory requirement of the Mosaic Law.  After God showed his acceptance of Gentiles into the Christiand congregation, and since many from the nations were responding to the preaching of the good news, a decision had to be made concerning circumcision.  The apostle Paul wrote to the Christians in Corinth, "Circumcision does not mean a thing, and uncircumcision means not a thing, but observance of God's commandments does."  Thus, it proved to be a pact at one time between God and his chosen people.  After Jesus' sacrifice, it was no longer necessary, as the Israelites were no longer considered his chosen people.  (Ge. 17:1,9-14,23-27; 1Co. 7:19)

2.  The firstborn came into considerable prominence at the time that God delivered his people from slavery in Egypt.  Among the Egyptians, the firstborn were dedicated as sacred to the sun-god Amon-Ra, the supposed preserver of all the firstborn.  The tenth plague that God brought upon the Egyptians served to discredit this god and showed up his inability to protect the firstborn.  By obeying God's instructions concerning the slaying of a lamb and the splashing of its blood on the doorposts and upper part of the doorway of their houses, the Israelites did not lose their firstborn in death, whereas all the firstborn of the Egyptians, of both man and beast, were slain.(Ex 12:21-23, 28, 29)  Had the Egyptians NOT persecuted God's chosen people, the Israelites, and held them captive in slavery, this would not have happened.  Or, had Pharoah allowed the Israelites their freedom to begin with, God would not have cast the plagues against them.

3.  The expression "Son of God" primarily identifies Christ Jesus.  Others referred to as "son(s) of God" include intelligent spirit creatures produced by God, the man Adam before he sinned, and humans with whom God has dealt on the basis of covenant relationship.

4.  The SONS of God (angels) saw that the women were beautiful and came down to earth, taking on human forms, and had sexual relations with the women [Gen. 6:2].  This was forbidden and unnatural, (Based on the fact that heaven is the proper abode of spirit persons, and the angels there have positions of service under God.(Da 7:9,10)  To leave this abode to dwell on earth and to forsake their assigned service to have fleshly relations would be rebellion against God's laws, and perversion.)so the acts resulted in a hybrid offspring from the angels and women.  The hybrid offspring were giants, also referred to as the Nephilim [Gen 6:4].

Any other questions?  Anyone?  
Have a nice day.  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »
Wow you sure research your fairy tales and superstitions thoroughly.