Author Topic: Hallucinogen May Cure Drug Addiction  (Read 2991 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Hallucinogen May Cure Drug Addiction
« on: February 21, 2004, 07:55:00 AM »
Posted: February 18, 2004 at 8:58 p.m.
BAY AREA (KRON) -- Drug addiction has been the plague of modern America. But that could now change forever. What started as a rumor may now actually be an incredible breakthrough in the battle against addictions of all kinds.

Here is the link for the rest of the article

http://www.kron4.com/Global/story.asp?S ... v=5D7iKvRG

Very interesting and something new

VSP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »
I found ibogaine very useful in dealing with my heroin addiction.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2004, 08:42:00 AM »
The thing about ibogaine therapy for heroin/methadone addiction is that the person has to want to get off dope.  It gives a symptom-free withdrawal, which is amazing in itself, but it's not a magic bullet.   I have seen people with HUGE dope habits take it once and stay off of junk, and I've seen people with small habits go back to using smack after a few weeks.  It all comes down to the person's intentions and resolve.  That said, ibogaine is hands-down the most effective treatment for heroin/methadone/opiate addiction, and it works pretty well for crack cocaine addicts and alcoholics as well.  If anybody is interested in receiving a treatment with ibogaine, send me a private message and I will tell you who to call to find out about it.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2004, 02:42:00 PM »
Ibogaine is a risky cure at best...
 And its very expensive..
 I dont know if you still have to fly out of the country ..but years ago you had to leave the country and pay $2000 a dose and it might work..

I dont know many heroin addicts that can scrape $2000 for a mabey cure..
 Heroin is easy to kick anyway..
 7 days tops..
 Kicking heroin was never a problem for me, the withdrawls are mild at best..
 It was staying off that was the problem..

But I think Ibogaines a great alternative for some people..and I might try it if I had that kind of $$ to play with..
 But MMT works for me. Sure its a hassle sometimes..but Im on weekly carrys now so I only go once a week for mabey 4 minutes tops....so other than that its just like taking a daily vitamin or something..
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »
And it has nothing to do with intentions and resolve..
 Some people are opiate deficient..and long term opiate abuse makes it worse...you grow more and more receptors..
 Opiate deficient people do not produce significant amounts of endorphines..Which leads to all kinds of other problems..that are only cured by opiate use..
 Once again the publics ignorance is shining thru "It comes down to will and resolve" thats such bullshit...You sound like an AA quack

I think MMT better treats the problem long term..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »
Cool, sounds like some people know the drug and feel it may be useful.  That's good news for people who are not adverse to trying something, anything, that might do the trick.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »
Sorry to disappoint you, Therion, but I ain't no "AA quack".  I am someone who was addicted to heroin, morphine, etc. or methadone from 1996 until a year ago this week.  I had kicked cold turkey and in county detox, and kicked cold turkey a year ago.  I know that "determination and resolve" played a big part in getting me through the WDs and in STAYING off of junk.  I took ibogaine about six months ago, after I had some time off of the junk, and I do feel that it helped me "seal the deal" of breaking my heroin addiction.  I didn't say it was a sure cure, in fact I said the opposite, but I did say it is the best treatment for narcotic addiction.  I firmly believe that, based on numerous firsthand accounts from people who used it break their long term heroin, methadone, or cocaine habits.  It works by giving  a symptom-free withdrawal and it is thought that the liver breaks it down into a substance called nor-ibogaine that may bind with the same receptors that opiates do, thereby alleviating cravings.  I know that it definitely helped me in alleviating my cravings for junk, I was still having them big-time even after six months off cold turkey.  

A site with some interesting information on ibogaine experiences and other info is http://www.ibeginagain.org .
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2004, 04:16:00 PM »
Ok I apologize I was wrong in calling you that...

But there have also been alot of failures..

I have tried almost everything and kicked numerous times..and was miserable when I was clean..

I think it would be dangerous to suggest to a long term sussessful MMT patient to go off the methadone and try Ibogaine..

Then again you didnt really suggest that so perhaps Im speaking in circles..

Peace.....B

I spit up on my plate...as I sever the entity...sperate..seperate...seperate..seperate

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-02-21 13:17 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »
Therion, the guy was only trying to help.  You make some good points too, but really, jumping down people's necks (ala Froderik13) is not helping anybody.  Why can't we all get along? Because when it comes right down to it, most people here aren't ffffing assholes and the ones who are, wouldn't stick around nearly half-as-long as they do if it weren't for the fact that they are spoiling for a good ass-kicking. Oh well, such is life.  But I think RTP2003 is sincerely trying to help. You too, Therion, just wish you'd give people the benefit of the doubt more often.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2004, 04:48:00 PM »
FYI - I don't know if RTP'03 is a guy so in case he's not, my apologies.  My gender-correcto finder is not up to speed.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2004, 04:54:00 PM »
Froed is my friend and I have never jumped down his throat..
WTF are you talking about? I stick up for him every chance I get..
This is a public board...if you dont want to risk me jumping down your throat dont post ...
Simple as that...I get people jumping my ass too...big fucking deal..

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-02-21 13:57 ]

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2004, 05:03:00 PM »
On 2004-02-21 13:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Therion, the guy was only trying to help.  You make some good points too, but really, jumping down people's necks (ala Froderik13) is not helping anybody.  Why can't we all get along? Because when it comes right down to it, most people here aren't ffffing assholes and the ones who are, wouldn't stick around nearly half-as-long as they do if it weren't for the fact that they are spoiling for a good ass-kicking. Oh well, such is life.  But I think RTP2003 is sincerely trying to help. You too, Therion, just wish you'd give people the benefit of the doubt more often. "

You will earn my benifet of the doubt or not get it...Im sorry but I do not trust strangers and have good reason to feel that way

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-02-21 14:07 ]

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2004, 05:11:00 PM »
the only thing that remains constant about addiction is that not the same thing works for every person.

For someone who is doing well on MMT to go off of it to try that cure and run the risk of going back on herion is too dangerous.

For someone who is on herion and suffering the risk is maybe worth taking,  it is not about willpower. It is about chemicals in the brain, addiction, and the physical changes that your body goes through after being bombarded by chemical opiates for years so that your own body no longer makes the ones that it naturally made for you..

all the willpower and resolve in the world doesn't change that

I understand that people want to think that it does but that is not reality.

I hate to think that people die as junkies thinking that they were just not "strong" enough to beat the addiction.

Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.
-- F. P. Jones

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2004, 05:32:00 PM »
Actually I really dont care too much anymore..
When I found this site I guess at first I was leary...then thought wow I have this connection with all these people..I have these new friends that understand..

Now Im realizing Im at odds with most all of you.And thats ok...Why should we be kindred spirits just because of Straight?
 I did not like most of you then...why should we get along now..

I had this urge to share so much of myself with you people and its slowly fading..

Judging by the complaints of my poems, opinions, etc, etc...this may be a good thing..

Serveral times I decided to just delete fornits and not post here...but find that hard to do..

I guess I was really interested in sharing who I was and...then reading what you guys' opinions were.. Now I dont even go back an read the replies..

If I respond to a post its just out of sheer boredome (SP?)

Im not the smartest guy in the world..and have my share of problems..

I basically thought that some of you were friends...people I talked to outside of fornits that I knew from straight or met here..
 And then suddenly they just wont acknowledge me.. Im not going to list names as that would do no good as they know who they are..

But yes I basically feel betrayed and my attitude as a whole has changed..

I was one of the few people that came to fornits and spilled my guts...about my life...and the after affects of straight...my addiction..divorce etc etc..
 No I realize this wasnt the place for that..

But whatever...I dont wish any Ill will on anyone...and I hope you guys all find what you are looking for and all that good shit..

But....whatever..I just want you to know, on a personal; level..you guys havent been all hat cool to me either.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2004, 05:58:00 PM »
Therion, nobody is saying you aren't a good guy.  You are.  Have more confidence in youself and the trust thing will not be such an issue.  Me, I like to read all the forums, but have to admit, it's not easy posting on forums where I don't know whether I'm gonna get my head bitten off by someone who doesn't like my opinion or whatever. Basically, I don't see the point in it and wish people would just TRY A LITTLE TENDERNESS instead of beating each other up to make their point.  You know, who is the bigger asshole, reminds me of Lord of the Flies.