Author Topic: Just checking in  (Read 1949 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Just checking in
« on: February 20, 2004, 07:53:00 PM »
Howdy folks :wave:

Just checking in, as time permits. I think I'm going to make a change or two to the terms of use. I'll have to run this by qualified legal counsel, of course. But, if this is legal, the new policy will include a clause about our reserving the right to bust out the identity of anonymous posters who commit certain specific infractions of policy. Masquerading as another user, as in creating a username that looks identical due to the use of a l instead of a 1 or an 0 instead of an O, would be one such infraction.

But that's about as close as I want to get to dictating what anyone wants to say here or what anyone wants to use the forum for. I've glossed over some discussion about what these fora are here for and how they should be used, even what I would do if I were looking. Well, while I don't have the time right now to hunker over every new post, I am looking in from time to time. And I probably wouldn't do much differently as regards administration, though I might well get into the mix and contribute to the discussion if I could.

If you want to use it to write angry satire, go for it! I know a lot of ppl enjoy that. If you want to vent on a more serious level, do that. If you want to connect w/ ppl w/ whom you may share some of the really serious, sensitive issues, we're glad to be of service.

If you want to use these fora to try and control others or how we're all perceived as a group, well... good luck. If I banned all the angry, profane and offensive users or everyone who wants to try and make an argument in favor of the troubled parent industry, this would be a very lonely place indeed.

An ye harm none, do as thou wilt. That shall be the whole of the law. But there is no authority to compel you to enforce it. The only "law" enforced by compulsion around here is this "The server shall remain functional."

If we choose to violate the rights of the innocent in order to discover and act against the guilty, then we have transformed our country into a police state and abandoned one of the fundamental tenants of a free society. In order to win the war on drugs, we must not sacrifice the life of the Constitution in the battle.
--US District Judge H. Lee Sarokin

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Just checking in
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 11:46:00 AM »
Okay, I don't know anything about screwing around with usernames but if that's what's been going on, people should be on notice that it could be considered an infraction serious enough to pull the plug on their posting privileges.  Sure hope you will have time to jump in the mix more frequently.  I can't speak for anyone else, but I sure miss your contributions.  Anyway, hope all is well.  Take care!

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Just checking in
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2004, 12:45:00 AM »
Au contraire! I wouldn't pull the plug. I'd just add a tag line that automagically shows the user IP address, complete w/ links to all of their other posts from whatever aliases... or something to that effect.

T'is an ill wind that blows no minds.
--Syadasti

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Just checking in
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 09:24:00 AM »
That sounds good. And I second anons comments. You have been missed.
D
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
Just checking in
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 04:35:00 PM »
Thank you! ::kiss::

I've missed you guys too.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0345371984/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Douglas Adams, _Last Chance to See_