Author Topic: Chesapeake VA  (Read 4900 times)

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
    • http://360.yahoo.com/cleopatra2u
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2004, 11:24:00 PM »
I hadn't visited this board for a year and a half.  I came back because my "interest" in Straight was renewed when the topic came up last week, for the first time in a long time, in a conversation with a co-worker...  And I come back to find this crap?!  AMB123, I don't believe I know you, and even if I had made your acquaintance over a decade ago in Straight Springfield, I don't want to know you now.  I was persecuted for enough things I didn't do when I was in Straight.  And there is no such thing as true anonymity, especially not in this Age of the Internet -- anyone who's determined enough can find out whatever they want about you, whether you like it or not.

Thanks for making my return to this board an angry one.  :evil:  Anger is the main reason why I left in the first place -- after all these years, I just don't get why some people are still so angry, and I don't care to be around it.

Damn, I think I need to go have a beer.

~ Mindi (with the Mitsubishi)
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
he trouble with trouble is it starts out as fun.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2004, 12:18:00 AM »
Welcome back. I know what you mean about the anger. That's just the way it goes I guess...that place really fucked some people over HARD.

As far as the anonymity thing goes...(sigh) this IS an open forum, so if you go typing someone's first and last name, it will pop right up in a search engine..and I'll tell ya, being in str8 was not something I'd consider to be a feather in my cap...I've often wondered if employment oppurtunities have been screwed up by someone somehow finding out that I had been there. Probably just paranoid, but still..let's be considerate of others right to privacy...this has nothing to do with any old gag order from yesteryear..that was then, this is now..just my 2ยข..carry on, cheers!

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »
Hey Froderick,

I would hope that any employers, co-workers, friends, lovers, etc.  who happened to Google me and find something that could be considered...  Um...  Unsavory...  would respect me enough to get my side of the story before passing judgement on me.  If they wouldn't, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them!  I understand that choosing one's playmates, per se, is not as easy for some as it is for others, but in the end we all have a choice...  I believe that a person's life experiences, both good and bad, help make that person what s/he is today...  Thus, I would not choose jobs, friends, lovers, etc. that would require me to lie about or cover up my past in order to keep.

Speaking of respect...  The thought did cross my mind to edit my original post (which was made all the way back in June 2002) so that it only showed people's last initials, but considering AMB123's condescension and "holier than thou" attitude, I decided that it would be best to leave my original post "as-is".  Imagine what AMB123 might have accomplished if s/he had been respectful instead of patronizing.  Whatever.  I haven't said anything bad about anyone on here.

~ Mindi

[ This Message was edited by: Cleopatra2U on 2004-02-03 21:59 ]

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »
I would hope that any employers, co-workers, friends, lovers, etc. who happened to Google me and find something that could be considered... Um... Unsavory... would respect me enough to get my side of the story before passing judgement on me. If they wouldn't, I wouldn't want to have anything to do with them! I understand that choosing one's playmates, per se, is not as easy for some as it is for others, but in the end we all have a choice... I believe that a person's life experiences, both good and bad, help make that person what s/he is today... Thus, I would not choose jobs, friends, lovers, etc. that would require me to lie about or cover up my past in order to keep.

Good for you. But just because you don't really care about it doesn't mean that other people shouldn't..That's kinda like saying, "I like to swing, so you're married, so what? What's your problem? Loosen up..."  :lol:

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
Froderick,

You're exactly right.  Which is why the thought crossed my mind to edit my old post so that it only showed people's last initials.  Going forward, that's what I'll do, but I'm leaving this thread "as-is" for posterity's sake.   :wink:

~ Mindi

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2004, 05:16:00 PM »
Oh, that's cool...I wasn't suggesting that you go back and edit it, just hoping that everyone will consider this sort of thing in the future. I hope that you'll stick around for a while this time, as this forum could use more beer drinkers! ::cheers::

Offline Cleopatra2U

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »
:grin:

Offline Scott D

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »
Wow, you just freaked me out hearing those names Andy B., Kurt S, and Curtis B. I was in there with all them and apparenty or possibly you. Who are you if I may ask? I was in May of 88 to Nov. of 89.
Scott Davis

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »
deleted
« Last Edit: June 20, 2007, 07:38:36 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »
Hey Shane was that the facility that transferrred to Atlanta around '91?

Offline mental torture made me li

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
Damn, you just blew a nice myth -- I had for some reason pictured Straight Springfield getting shut down, and everyone just getting up from their blue chairs and walking out the door: Adios. Damn.

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
Chesapeake VA
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 07:34:49 PM »
deleted