Author Topic: Was Safe called Safety? Or is that someplace different?  (Read 10626 times)

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Was Safe called Safety? Or is that someplace different?
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »
My previous post answered your question.  You said that "Kids acting like kids never has, nor never will justify admission into SAFE".  You're implying that you KNOW that it never happened and never will......I'm not basing my OPINION about SAFE on Straight.  Yes, I believe the kids who say they were abused in SAFE because of my experience in Straight.  Remember, Straight closed down one day and opened THE SAME DAY IN THE SAME PLACE but under the SAFE name, so YES, I believe it DID happen and is STILL happening. You say it didn't happen when you were there.  I have my opinions about that but at least I've given you the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt that MAYBE it wasn't as bad when you were there.  You can't even seem to entertain the IDEA that it MIGHT have happened WHEN YOU WEREN'T THERE.

So, now please go away.  You've made your point.  You say that abuse didn't happen when you were there.  I'm not saying I believe that, but that's what you say so, OK...we get that you don't think there was abuse when you were there.  Others think differently.  If you can't be open minded enought to simply tolerate the possibility that abuse happened, then there is no point carrying this discussion any further.

Buh bye :wave:

Men seldom, or rather never for a length of time, and deliberately, rebel against anything that does not deserve rebelling against.

--Thomas Carlyle

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2004, 01:01:00 PM »
You sound like a lawyer.  Is there a possibility that it happened and I did not know about it?  Of course!  Is there a possibility that it never happened?  Of course!  

Basically, what I get from your last post is that you are not concerned about what I said, but rather that I used the word "never."  Is this really why you read and post on this forum, to squabble over one word?  I dont think so.

Even if one kid was abused, that does not mean a place is abusive.  Are you a lawyer in real life?  Thats like saying that because one kid was treated with dignity and respect in Straight, that Straight treated all kids that way.

[ This Message was edited by: exsafecounselor on 2004-02-16 10:02 ]
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
here is not a truth existing which I fear or would wish unknown to the whole world.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2004, 02:30:00 PM »
This has become tiresome.  You know what I mean, so does everyone else.

Yes, by you saying that no kid was EVER put into SAFE for just being a teen and they NEVER will constitutes a denial on your part that abuse or wrongful intakes EVER HAPPENED.  

OK - LAST time....you say abuse never happened while you were there.....if that's so, FANFUCKINGTASTIC...but apparently others that were there during the time periods you were NOT there say that it DID happen and STILL DOES.  You choose to deny that, I choose to believe it based on my experience with it's parent program and based on the fact that it follows the SAME FUCKING FORMAT AS ALL THE REST OF THE ABUSIVE 'TREATMENT' CENTERS.  

You believe one thing, I, along with what seems to be quite a few others, believe something different...can we leave it at that???? :roll:

If life were fair, Dan Quayle would be making a living asking 'Do you want fries with that?'
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/6302294274/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>John Cleese

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2004, 03:47:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: exsafecounselor on 2004-02-16 12:48 ]

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline exsafecounselor

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2004, 03:50:00 PM »
"apparently others that were there during the time periods you were NOT there say that it DID happen"

Please direct any and all SAFE people my way.  I would love to chat with them.  The reason I even started posting on this site was to try and understand why people at SAFE were so upset about their experience.    I am completely open to listening to others.  On earlier posts I conceded that I saw and heard things in the WAMI video that did not sound or look right to me.  Yes, you and I will agree to disagree.  I look forward to hearing from the many people that were in SAFE that are making these statements.

--- Thomas Jefferson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2004, 08:37:00 PM »
please just start your own little thread of people who had positive experiences at SAFE - reading through these threads I found one... you two can kum-bah-yah about what a wonderful, ethical place it was and the others who have different points of views and experiences can pursue the healing they need.  In response to your reply about my previous post - anger, resentment and fear do not rule my life any longer - but I won't deny that they did for many years.  Through a great therapist who introduced me to a fantastic deprogrammer, I was fortunate enough to find the healing I needed to move forward in my life.  Having some moron troll this board who only perpetuates the doubt and fear these places bred in us does raise my ire something fierce and does not bring up fear in me but it sure does piss me off to see just how disrespectful you are of survivors experience and need to heal.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2004, 03:01:00 PM »
I've been writing a book for several years (on a mostly part-time basis) - and I cruise these boards looking for people who were in the program.

I am not looking for people who had only a negative experience - I'm looking for people who had AN experience.

This board isn't just for those who loathe the program. It's for anyone who was IN the program.

Now, I understand what you are saying to the exsafecounselor, but you should understand that maybe his experience WAS different than yours.

You know how we're always on our best behavior when the boss is looking? But if the boss isn't there, well, maybe we aren't in a rush to get back after lunch, or maybe we chat and laugh more. And so maybe, just maybe - when exsafe was around - they didn't do the things they did - when he wasn't around. Or maybe any number of scenarios. Maybe the program wasn't abusive when he was there. I wasn't there, so I don't know. But the thing is - his experience is his experience. And whether you agree with him or not, maybe he's on this site for the same reasons you are - one of which being that he was there, so that qualifies him to be here.

And by the way - if anyone is interested - I'm still looking for more participants from SAFE for my book! E-mail me!