Author Topic: Changes in CEDU's program  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Changes in CEDU's program
« on: February 02, 2004, 06:44:00 PM »
Does anyone have a perspective on the changes in CEDU's programs?  I understand that they have shortened some of their programs, and I wonder if this has made a positive difference.   I also understand that they use less sleep deprivation in some of the schools and less confrontational Raps.  Does anyone know?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2004, 03:22:00 PM »
CEDU talked about changes; they made changes, then they went straight back to the old model. Why? Because the dim-wit CEDU staff revolted. If you send a child there, he or she will experience softer raps, softer propheets that are still straight out of hell mental torture and brainwashing. The clinical people don't run the show. In fact, they are a sideshow. I was part of it.

The SCHOOLS are overrun with high school drop out "counselors" and high school graduate "counselors", trained by uneducated people to practice dangerous clinical therapy such as Bio-Energetics, Gestalt Therapy and Reality Therapy who are abusive, hyperreligious maniacs, hungry for power, who have no ethics and enforce mental torture exactly like that given in chinese mind control camps as discussed by author Robert Lifton in "Thought Control and the Psychology of Totalism." Hell would be better than CEDU - Now Or Ever. It is in Idaho because Idaho is backward, racist, homophobic, anti-human rights, lost in the 1940's -- Child abuse, like in Utah, is covertly legal here. That is why all the worst schools go into business here and in Utah. We dont have Famous Potatoes. We have famous prison camps for children who have done nothing wrong, who have rich, lazy, narcisistic parernts who would rather make money than raise children. You know who you are. I am a Psychotherapist. Don't trust any private boarding school for teens - especially in Idaho.  :wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 01:32:00 AM »
OK...

So, here we go:
Yes. There have been tremendous changes. A shit load of them. Raps are not *nearly* as intense as they used to be. Emphasis on various agreements has shifted dramatically as well. In general, things happen in waves. Some things get easier and other things get harder. When I first got there, clothing agreements were being enforced hardcore. At one point in my stay, the clothing agreements had become so ridiculous that even most of the staff laughed at them. But by the end of my stay, the clothing agreements had loosened up so much I couldn't even believe. I was never really able to completely understand the importance of the clothing agreements, so I was happy when I saw this. OK, I'm rambling. I started talking about raps. OK, so when I first got there, raps were crazy. They scared me shitless. Sometimes their intensity was effective, while other times it was not. Now, however, raps are not nearly as intense most of the time. However, they can become intense if someone chooses to make them intense. The way I see it is that now the program is becoming more flexible and more individualized. If yelling and screaming works for some people, then that is what will be used --- if non-confrontational encouragement works for other people, then that is what will be used instead. On the whole, I think it is usually pretty productive.
As for the workshops, I am not quite sure if they have changed since I have only been in each one once (except the Dreams, which I have been through twice). I have not had any "abusive" experiences in any of the workshops. Yes, at many times they were extremely painful (especially in the Summit where I wanted to die), but in many cases that is what it took to get me to pull my head out of my ass and start taking a look at myself.
OK, well I've talked enough, that's all I got.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »
I don't want to take away anything you got from your experience at CEDU; however, you do realize that teenagers do generally mature at some point without any help from at Emotional Growth Boarding School.  I hope you did get some good tools to use from CEDU, but don't give CEDU credit for making you mature.  That's more of a biological change that occurs for most teenagers around 18.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »
Thank you for this valuable insight...I am actually a current student (Ted from peer group S, if anyone knows me...).  I wholeheartedly agree.  All I got from CEDU was the chance to slow down and make the choice to begin recovery...the program itself, the environment, and the staff are all pretty worthless, especially for the cost of the damn program.  The whole thing is a moneymaking scheme administered by psychos that themselves should probably be in programs.  I am very happy to find this community. Keep up the good work

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »
This comes from 23 years experience with CEDU and 8 years of education and from being an expert on cult brainwashing.

CEDU has changed on the surface alone. They play crazy making mind games on children.

Because the system is a cult, everyone will tell you what you want to hear. If they don't tell you everything is fine they will be fired - yes, even the therapists.

If you are looking to destroy your kid, CEDU, or any of the Emotional Growth Program is the best way to do it.

Almost all the kids fake their way through, then go back t doing exactly what they did before. Only now they are expert at hiding it - that is what they learn. They learn to make you think thay are angelic and laugh at you all the while. It is emotional torture.

Would you send your kid to a Nazi death camp that was known to be - "less harsh?" That is exactly what you would be doing.

You can drive someone crazy without yelling.

Have them do writing assignments when they are depressed about how bad they are, how they betrayed CEDU, how they ruin their peers, how awful of a person they are. The writing assignment turned in are never good enough. You don't get off until after the next brainwashing session makes you crack. They make you do it over and over until you believe it. They call it "breaking the kid."

The answer to your question is yes and no. CEDU
is less harsh in the overt and more harsh on the covert - Send your kid to hell?  That is what you are talking about.

The hospital is $1000.00 a day. Your kid is worth more than that. Why don't you build a relationship with him, play with him, go places with him instead of hiring someone else to do it for you, someone who is hungry for power and influence to counter deep feelings or inferiority, people who are nmentally ill - raising your kid.

Parents, you created this hell for us. Do something right for a change. Ignore your job and your money, drive a cheaper car, own a smaller house, and spend time with your kids
instead.

You have to undo what you have done. No one else can do it for you.

This comes from 23 years experience with CEDU and 8 years of education and from an expert on cult brainwashing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »
This person actually articulates quite well. This part of his dialogue is a perfect example of how double-bind brainwashing create two contradictory viwepoints within an individual to keep him tied up in knots, and, therefore, wiling to accept an outwardly imposed reality that contradicts his inner experience.

On 2004-02-22 22:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

I have not had any "abusive" experiences in any of the workshops. Yes, at many times they were extremely painful (especially in the Summit where I wanted to die),"

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »
Here's a topic that comes up again and again. And, w/ the recent protest at the Holocaust Museum, I think it's worth addressing here.

On 2004-04-04 13:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

Would you send your kid to a Nazi death camp that was known to be - "less harsh?" That is exactly what you would be doing.

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. I think it's more accurate to compare the Program to Hitler Jugund. The design and intention is to turn dissident children into compliant rule followers. To break the more spirited ones, very litterally indeed! The death camps are our very real prison industrial complex.

The scapegoated class in this country is not defined by religion or ethnicity. But we sure as hell have a scapegoated class. It includes most teenagers and all adults perceived to be illicit drug users. Even when it's right in our faces, people continue to believe the sterotypes over their own observation.

Case in point? Compare media/public the handling of Rush Limbaugh to Darryl Strawberry. Rush is a good Nazi and he looks like all the other good Nazis; white, male, affluent and rotund. Strawberry looked more like "those people" who we fear, but suffer to walk freely provided they "know their place". But it's not just ethnicity; not by a long shot. Tommy Chong sits in jail today for all the same reasons why Darryl Strawberry dissapeared into Phoenix House and has not been heard from since.

No, the programs for teenagers should not be compared to death camps. There's the obvious reason that it's insulting as hell to people who actually do have some connection to real death camps. For another, it's a grave mistake to think that this is as bad as it gets. Death camps are a different aspect of totalism. It would be a huge mistake, in my opinion, to overlook that other aspect of it.

If you think about why you hate me, you might find that it's not me.
--Antigen

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »
Shorter stays are due to funding issues - school districts don't pay for those long, long stays anymore.
ack

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »
"Music to my ears" Jack. Ginger you are right in terms of death camps. That was a false anaology -oops. "I get all fired up, you know." aaarrrggghhhh.

Re Jack's point again. It could be argued that school districts that pay for emotional growth programs for kids are, in fact, funding religion.

Even CEDU, though it claims no religious orientation, CEDU is a neo psychology Cult much like Scientology. The ethics and punishment structure ,in fact, appear to come right out of the Hubbard's Book "Scientology Ethics."

Having spent time there and in LifeSpring and having studied EST, many other cults as well as the methodology they have in common, it would be easy to show that what they are practicing is a neo occult form of psychological minipulation that induces peak experiences followed by dogma and charismatic music to produce a "falling in love effect" common to psychology cults.

Generally this effect is used to bond individuals to others so they feel like they betray others by questioning the system. This induced feeling is sold, as in Scientology, EST and Lifespring as a path to a kind of spiritual perfection.

Well, I can tell you from first hand experience with all of these groups that a few sudden bursts of Seritonin, dopamine and other triggered neurochemicals from the pleasure senters of the brain does not a prophet make.

A narcissist asshole yes, a superbeing who can live and love better no. Worse? Yes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2004, 10:00:00 PM »
bump  :tup:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »
It's worse than death camps. I'd rather have them just shoot me and end it all than stick me in a hellhole prison for 20 years just for having a bag of powder in my pocket.

On 2004-04-04 15:00:00, Antigen wrote:

"Here's a topic that comes up again and again. And, w/ the recent protest at the Holocaust Museum, I think it's worth addressing here.

On 2004-04-04 13:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

I don't think that's an accurate comparison. I think it's more accurate to compare the Program to Hitler Jugund. The design and intention is to turn dissident children into compliant rule followers. To break the more spirited ones, very litterally indeed! The death camps are our very real prison industrial complex.

The scapegoated class in this country is not defined by religion or ethnicity. But we sure as hell have a scapegoated class. It includes most teenagers and all adults perceived to be illicit drug users. Even when it's right in our faces, people continue to believe the sterotypes over their own observation.

Case in point? Compare media/public the handling of Rush Limbaugh to Darryl Strawberry. Rush is a good Nazi and he looks like all the other good Nazis; white, male, affluent and rotund. Strawberry looked more like "those people" who we fear, but suffer to walk freely provided they "know their place". But it's not just ethnicity; not by a long shot. Tommy Chong sits in jail today for all the same reasons why Darryl Strawberry dissapeared into Phoenix House and has not been heard from since.

No, the programs for teenagers should not be compared to death camps. There's the obvious reason that it's insulting as hell to people who actually do have some connection to real death camps. For another, it's a grave mistake to think that this is as bad as it gets. Death camps are a different aspect of totalism. It would be a huge mistake, in my opinion, to overlook that other aspect of it.

If you think about why you hate me, you might find that it's not me.
--Antigen

"