Author Topic: Live coverage of major breaking Straight story  (Read 3624 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Live coverage of major breaking Straight story
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »
As I understand it, and this is like 2nd and third hand info, our friends were successful at basically hijacking the moment. There was not a lot of tear jerking speech about tollerance and justice for all. Instead, there were a lot of questions, somwhat angry questions, about the content of the protest flyer, which I understand did make it inside the conference hall.

Some ppl have remarked that it may have been in bad taste or a mistake to drag the Holocaust Museum Foundation into this brawl. I think most of us understand that they were not protesting the foundation or it's cause. Most, if not all of us, are very supportive of the cause. I don't think a one of us is opposed in any way.

The protest was targetted to the educated, sincere supporters and contributors of the foundation who, we belive, would never knowingly affiliate themselves or the foundation with the founders and board members of Straight, Inc. If only they knew the whole story. Well I think the message has gotten through to the right people.

Anyone who writes this off as antisemitism is either mistaken or intentionally trying to mislead.

I think this was a direct hit.

If it is believed that... elementary schools will be better managed by the governor and council, the commissioners of the literary fund or any other general authority of the government than by the parents within each ward, it is a belief against all experience.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2004, 10:28:00 PM »
I think this was a direct hit.

YES!!   Glad to hear it...    ::bwahaha:: :tup:

Offline pepper53190

• View Profile
    • http://queenjennifer.com
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2004, 12:25:00 AM »
Just curious, I read in the article that there were no actual ex-Straight clients present.  Is this true? And if so, why not?

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2004, 12:49:00 AM »
Man, it makes me happy to know that it had an effect.  I remember one of the directors of the Hyatt coming out to scorn us on how she didn't like those flyers being in her hotel.  Prankster Trick em.
I was a little afraid of the unprofessionalism and hip action of the whole joint, but wow.  Somebody has their ducks in a row.  This is the first time I have even seen Melvin Sembler in the flesh.  
So, like I said at the protest; 'Fuck you, Melvin'.  And fuck your family, too.  Fuck your whole family of Jew hating grandchildren and sons and daughters and all of 'em.  Fuck you.  Your grandchildren got cursed out, bitch.  They'll get it as long as they are alive and as long as many whom I know are still living, which will be longer than the few of the haggard years you have left only now.  You will undoubtedly molest, rape, and extort your grandchildren as much as you have every other child you have come in contact with.  The funny thing is that when your grandchildren were flipping protestors off innocently I felt the sincere urge that all of their young hatred is directed at you Melvin.  And of course, that's just the honorable you though, ain't it.
Aahh, the sinking nightmares return to them now from the years of pain and emotional anguish.  You will connect soon, Mel.  Soon.  And all their dreams you created will be yours as you wished.  Poor sod.
It's good to be on the side of the good.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2004, 01:40:00 AM »
I wonder if we'll smile in our coffins
While loved ones mourn the day?
Absence of my face,
Living ,Laughing, eyes awake
Is this too much for them to take?
Too young for ones conclusion
The lifestyle won.
Such values you taught your son

One day we all will die
a cliched fact of life force fed
to make us heed. Inbred to sponge our bleed
Every warning, a leaking rubbed
A poisoned apple for mingled blood
Venereal mother embrace the loss

Too young for ones delusion, the lifestyle costs

Thats how, Look at me now,
Im Broken
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline nicoleesther

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2004, 03:14:00 AM »
I would like to thank all the Protesters who had the hutzpa (balls) to confront Mel Sembeler...Straight survivors & concerned community members   :flame:

Nicole

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2004, 08:47:00 AM »
On 2004-01-18 04:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

" :roll: Oh I can just hear their "freedom fighter" speeches now going on inside the posh Hyatt building. Let's see, they probably were using the Martin Luther King Birthday as their theme while they preached about ALL the "injustices" of the world. They had their audience in awe as they gave one another recognition for their "humanitarian" contributions to the international community. Meanwhile, the truth was marching on literally 30 feet outside their door as they coddled one another in their mutual hypocrisy. It's nice to know that no matter what they do, history will not judge them favorably because of their past dealings with Straight."

I want to make it clear as the anonymous poster of the above post that the "they" I was referring to were the 4 names on that banner we demand to be recalled from the board. Mel & Betty Sembler, as well as Loebenberg and Epstein. THESE were the ones whom I was referring to. The others there at the Awards Banquet who were NOT in any way involved with Straight, I wish you the best. I am NO anti-Semite, I AM for anti-torture. All I can say is that the Semblers, Loebenburg, and Epstein disgust me on how they can promote the torture of adolescents/young adults. I will NOT rest until justice is done.

We need to show any future youth torture chamber founders that think it would be profitable to be in that kind of business that there will be CONSEQUENCES someday when their victims grow up and start taking charge of their lives.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2004, 09:02:00 AM »
On 2004-01-18 21:25:00, pepper53190 wrote:

"Just curious, I read in the article that there were no actual ex-Straight clients present.  Is this true? And if so, why not?"

From what I have heard there were many there that were never in Straight that knew from former clients what happened in Straight and I applaud them for their support. Now I know for a fact that yes indeed, there WERE former clients of Straight there too. This was meant to be a surprise visit to the Hyatt to show those never involved with Straight just who the 4 board members mentioned on the banner really were. They wanted to let the others know how these 4 individuals profited off of torture. I think that is why it was kept low-key so to speak. I applaud them, the action was stupendous and I marvel in how well they got their  message across.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2004, 09:14:00 AM »
On 2004-01-19 00:14:00, nicoleesther wrote:

".....As a Jew I am horrified that the Semblems hide behind there Holocaust cause.....They are a disgrace to the Jewish Community and our People........Shame on them... :flame:

Nicole"

Well the good news is that most people out there Nicole that survived Straight have the compassion and intelligence to know that their religion had NOTHING to do with their choice to profit off of harming young people like they did.

There were a lot of so-called "Christians" involved in Straight too that made a considerable profit from the misery they caused as Well.

I Agree, Shame on ALL of you who would hide behind "God" as you see him to torture the young, you will ALL be weeded out for this and prosecuted.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2004, 12:38:00 PM »
"I applaud them, the action was stupendous and I marvel in how well they got their  message across."

me too.  :smile:
Save our planet; it's the only one with chocolate!

--Andi, domestic goddess

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2004, 09:27:00 PM »
On 2004-01-18 21:25:00, pepper53190 wrote:

"Just curious, I read in the article that there were no actual ex-Straight clients present.  Is this true? And if so, why not?"

No, there were ex-members from Straight present at the protest.  I was one of 6 or so, that suffered at the hands of the Sembler organization, ?Straight Inc.?  

It was really fulfilling to have young people join in the cause because they understand and see it for what it is  "ABUSE".  Which reminds me of the following phrase.

There are 3 types of people in this world:

People that make things happen.
People that watch other people make things happen, and,
People that just say, what the hell happened!

I like being in the first category: ?Making Things Happen? It?s a much better way to live.

To all the people that write to these boards, now it the time to ?Make? things happen!!  Look deep inside yourself and ask, what can I do?  Then chart a course and set sail.

I look forward to seeing new faces at any future events! Sembler?s day is at hand! Let?s kick it up a bit eh??

Take care all.

VSP

Offline Therion

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2004, 08:56:00 AM »
Its not possible for me to make the drive
to Florida etc....
 However I am getting involved behind the scenes so to speak.
 Just know that for the 10 protestors that were there...theres alot more that you cant see doing things to help the cause
  Peace, and congrats from me to you guys, you are appreciated very very much.
                               Brad B.
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »
Brad,

That?s what is so interesting to me is how so many people are working on this including you Brad.  It?s amazing to see people taking it upon themselves to make a difference.  In our modern society, it?s just too easy to turn everything off and choose to look the other way or wait for others to figure it out.  Each of us has a part. Some more than others, however everyone?s actions count towards the goal of accountability. Like the spokes on a wheel, without all of them the wheel won?t work.  That is what makes us strong and ensures this story will be told.  It?s coming true as we speak.  The Sembler?s can?t stop it or us.

To all the people out there that have taken steps no matter how big or small to expose these child abusers,

America and the world is better because of you!  

Thanks!!!!  :tup:  

VSP