Author Topic: Wanda Minto  (Read 2513 times)

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
Wanda Minto
« on: June 02, 2002, 01:53:00 PM »
Has anyone here heard from or stay in touch with Wanda Minton?  She was a Group Staff Supervisor in Cincinnati.  I've heard rumors that she was killed but have no way of confirming this information.  Please e-mail me privately if you know anything.

Don Smith
[email protected]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Wanda Minto
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2002, 07:48:00 PM »
Hi Don,
   Welcome to WWF--where the acronym is no coincidence :wink:

Last I heard of Wanda Minton, she'd joined the Army and become a drill sergeant or something. I'm trying to remember where I heard that.

As for rumors of her demise, probably just wishful thinking. Of all the Seedlings who carried over into the Straight era, I remember her as being probably the most brutal and sadistic among them.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
Wanda Minto
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2002, 10:01:00 PM »
I did not know that Wanda was a Seedling.  She was a brutal woman no doubt.  She made it hard for me to make 2nd Phase.  
When I finally did go home she had a little talk with my parents and told them that although I had said and did all the right things, the Staff wasn't 100% sure I was ready to go home.  
I could've gotten upset about that but instead I set out to prove her wrong.  Less than two months later, I was on 4th Phase and never looked back.
Last time I saw her was at a 7th Step party at Lisa Thompsons house.  Wanda was planning on going into the Marines, not the Army.  
Wanda didn't give me any problems after the incident I just mentioned, but everyone knew that when she came out into the Group room, someone was is big trouble.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
Wanda Minto
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2002, 08:54:00 PM »
Hello Don - Kenny found a Wanda Minton who is a school teacher (of all things) via yahoo people search.  This Wanda Minton adn I hope it is not the one from Straight was some kind of teacher of the year, or quarter or something like that.  If it was the Wanda Minton we remember I feel sorry for those kids.  Just think about teachers that didn't win, geez, that must be some tough elementry school

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Wanda Minto
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2002, 11:56:00 PM »
Wanda Minton was my worst nightmare.  Even as I write this I am afraid that she will find me, wake me up in the dead of night, scream, spit,wrongfully accuse me of horrific acts I'd never even thought of before, then SLAM! BAM! I'm back in a place that's better left suppressed........or is it?

Offline 85 Day Jerk

• View Profile
Wanda Minto
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2002, 08:30:00 AM »
Wanda Minton..........hmmm.  I had a total instant flashback first time I saw the bus driver lady on South Park!  I actually had to be classmates with her, and ride back to straight everyday in her mother's car.  Executive Staff somehow put her into my Print Shop class as a student before I even started school.  I thought it would be pure hell, but Wanda was as dumb as a box of rocks when it came to Printing Presses, so I just walked around the shop like she was'nt even there.  I even made out with a Spanish chick in the darkroom on 4th phase and nothing ever happened.  I dunno, maybe she had a crush on me or some shit........
Inside a warehouse behind Tyrone Mall
we walked in darkness, kept hitting the wall.
I took the time to feel for the door,
I had been \"treated\" but what the hell for?

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
Wanda Minto
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2002, 05:33:00 PM »
I was talking to Cary Travis, who was on Junior Staff in Cincinnati.  He tells me that she had a crush on him and in fact wanted to date Cary.  But Cary had no interest in her at all.  As a result, Cary was never promoted to Senior Staff and Wanda didn't hide the reason why.  The deal was basically, date me and make Senior, dump me and rot on Junior Staff.

Don

Offline Marnie

• View Profile
Wanda Minto
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2002, 05:17:00 PM »
I do remember her - she was a wanna be counselor - and she failed badly... hurting  many people!!!!!!

She was never a seedling