Author Topic: Anxiety Kicks My Ass  (Read 5274 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2004, 12:45:00 PM »
On 2004-01-06 16:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It really sucks all the shit that happened to us.  These anxiety attacks that we all feel is sick.  But on the other hand, ?Hey we?re still here?!  For the most part I think that we have adjusted.  I know life is hard but hey we haven?t put a bullet in our heads like some of our co-client?s from Straight and similar programs.  God bless all of them!  Some of us are damned lucky that we have survived.  This includes me.  On more that one occasion I have come close to the thought of???..

It?s all just real sad.  I really think that most here are VERY good people. Most of us have huge hearts and lots of compassion.  It just amazes me how harshly such nice kids like us at the time, were treated.  We were treaded on heavily. I can?t stand that fact.

Just one foot in front of the other????that?s all I can do.

Another day has come and gone????.

"

that was really well put.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use

--Galileo Galilei

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
No, no, no! It is the sinus cavity accompaning the lead going through your brain that kills you...

CL

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2004, 02:45:00 PM »
Cobain was an idiot...His band...which was his life dream...is biggest band in the world..he has millions of dollars..brand new beautiful baby daughter..so he shoots himself? What The Fuck?!

And yes I read all the shit about it...and I realize he had what amounts to some pretty common problems.Suicide is selfish. He could have easily cleaned up and raised his daughter...now shes going to have to not only grow up fatherless...wondering why her dad didint think she was worth staying alive for, but also living in the shadow of that whole thing..

And yet he is touted as a hero and a genious. :roll:

I mean...sure Nirvana was origional and had some great songs but...come on!
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2004, 02:51:00 PM »
good ta know...

He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/a1_8_12s4.html' target='_new'> James Burgh 1774

Offline Therion

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2004, 02:56:00 PM »
Not trying to be unreasonably harsh...I just have a strong aversion to suicide.

Its lame :skull:
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
On 2004-01-07 11:56:00, Therion wrote:

"

Its lame :skull: "

'Tis well and beyond that!

CL

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2004, 02:58:00 PM »
On 2004-01-07 11:51:00, morli wrote:

"good ta know...

He, who has nothing, and who himself belongs to another, must be defended by him, whose property he is, and needs no arms. But he, who thinks he is his own master, and has what he can call his own, ought to have arms to defend himself, and what he possesses; else he lives precariously, and at discretion.
http://press-pubs.uchicago.edu/founders/documents/a1_8_12s4.html' target='_new'> James Burgh 1774

"

hahahaahahaaha...the quote... :lol:

The most fundamental purpose of government is defense, not empire.
--Joseph Sobran

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2004, 03:24:00 PM »
The Phar compamies are getting rich from the newly accepted discovery of "Anxiety Disorder."
The money from ADD just wasn't enough.
Reminds me of the 80's when insurance companies started accepting claims for addiction. Rehabs popped up everywhere overnight.  I am currently doing research looking for a pill to sell that will cure Anti-social disorder$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
then I am gonna find a pill for babies to cure the "crys to much disorder"$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
Oh and not to forget the democratic pill for the can't get along with Republicians disorder.  :idea:    

------When your pulling shit like Matt        Dillan did in "Drug Store Cowboy" feeling anxiety is normal.

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
On 2004-01-07 11:57:00, ClayL wrote:

"

On 2004-01-07 11:56:00, Therion wrote:

"

Its lame :skull: "

'Tis well and beyond that!

CL"

it is the most selfish act.

Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.  
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0136374069/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'> Andrew Tannenbaum

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2004, 03:57:00 PM »
Shed no tears for the suicide.
He has made his choice.
The pain of life is great
and some will find it sweet
to rot beneath the earth
as we rot and live and breathe.

-Flipper

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2004, 05:09:00 PM »
Suicide,

Why do people do it?  I use to think and agree with the statement it?s a selfish act.  I also never understood the concept of being ?depressed? I didn?t understand it because it never happened to me.  But life is a funny thing.  I went through some real hard times as most of us have.  I found myself circling more and more into depression.  I worked like hell at it and I never gave up but the emotions were very real and scary.   Some say it?s just a chemical imbalance.  This may be true but when I tried antidepressants it didn?t help.  It actually made me feel guilty taking pills.  Was I that messed up in the head?

I think that people that commit suicide in their minds can?t stand the extreme pain they feel.  It may be self-inflicted through judging ones self or it may come from feeling totally unworthy, be it your job, your relationships, or where you are in your life.

Is Suicide a selfish act?  Obviously it affects people that care about you.  But what about the person that doesn?t feel loved or cared about by anyone.  I was lucky when I went through this.  I had family and friends to help me.  I came out the other side ok.  I still have deep emotional scares from life events.  Straight was only one of them.  But I never gave up.  I just kept telling myself that somehow, someway, everything would work out, and be OK.  And for the most part it has.  I just think that the anxiety that many of us feel becomes overpowering to some.

I don?t think Suicide is a selfish act.  I think it?s a horrific sign of extreme sadness.  

I would think that most suicides come from people that just want the pain to end.  They can?t handle it anymore.  I guess it?s kind of like Hell on earth in their minds.  They just want the pain to go away.  They also don?t want to harm anyone.  Unfortunately this is what happens.  

So if you know anyone that is really down, keep checking on them and encouraging them.  It could make the difference between life and death.  I also think that in this busy life, people can easily miss the clues.  Also how many people have the necessary tools to openly talk about how they feel?  This comes easy for us because of what we went through.  But many can?t express themselves.

There are no easy answers with something as serious as taking ones life.  I will not judge someone for his or her actions not even Curt Cobain.  Your answer is right there.  Why would someone with the success he had kill himself?  The answer is Extreme, Unending, Unrelenting; PAIN????..He just couldn?t handle it anymore.

This is not a justification, just an opinion.

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2004, 05:21:00 PM »
I personally think that Kurt Cobain was murdered bu courtney love...
as was that member of her band who died of a herion overdose

but then again I am a sucker for a good conspiracy theory.

Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense

--Buddha

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
On 2004-01-07 14:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Suicide,

Is Suicide a selfish act?  Obviously it affects people that care about you.  But what about the person that doesn?t feel loved or cared about by anyone.  I was lucky when I went through this.  I had family and friends to help me.  I came out the other side ok.  I still have deep emotional scares from life events.  Straight was only one of them.  But I never gave up.  I just kept telling myself that somehow, someway, everything would work out, and be OK.  And for the most part it has.  I just think that the anxiety that many of us feel becomes overpowering to some.

I don?t think Suicide is a selfish act.  I think it?s a horrific sign of extreme sadness.  

I would think that most suicides come from people that just want the pain to end.  They can?t handle it anymore.  I guess it?s kind of like Hell on earth in their minds.  They just want the pain to go away.  They also don?t want to harm anyone.  Unfortunately this is what happens.  
<
"

I'm going to disagree with you 100%. That person has obligations towards other humans. Suicide is self-murder. Murder is the second most selfish act. You leave your dead corpse for your family to deal with? To pay for and to suffer for? Sometimes for years of misery as a result? It's horribly selfish, to leave a family, or child, or spouse? Taking your own life says, "I care about nothing but myself."

Sure, I've said before, "I wish I were dead", but commiting it, is just a violent crime.

Despair is my middle name. :roll:

No matter how great your triumphs or how tragic your defeats---approximately one billion Chinese couldn't care less.
--Lazlo's Chinese Relativity Axiom:

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2004, 06:14:00 PM »
I'm not saying it isn't sad but it's spineless.
It's like you trading yourself for everyone else to suffer.

To go to Journal of Applied Polymer Science go to http://www3.interscience.wiley.com and then journal search and put the journal number and year
-- Journal of Applied Polymer Science  Vol. 47, 1984

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Anxiety Kicks My Ass
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
How can it be a selfish act if the pain is overbearing to the point of total confusion and despair.  I agree with you that it?s horrible. Especially with family involved.  But the pain that certain people experience in their own minds has to be unbearable. Who am I to judge their circumstance?  I never walked in their shoes, like Curt.  He seemed to have the world in his hand but he didn?t.  Elvis was the same.  Regardless of the money and success he had in the outside world he was very unhappy on the inside where it matters most.  

I think suicide is horrible and wrong but not selfish.  Everyone basically wants 2 things, Love and happiness.  If you go long enough without either and don?t see anyway out, then perhaps that?s why they do it.  They have lost all hope of ever being complete, healthy, and whole.  

OK let?s throw in a twist.  Is self-mutilation like many did in-group a selfish act?