Author Topic: MONEY..where does it go?  (Read 1604 times)

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
MONEY..where does it go?
« on: January 01, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
If Elan costs so much....

Where does the money go?

What happens with your money, when you dont earn a weekend trip? Or a movie? Or a pizza and soda?
Or a candy pack?
Do they give your money away?
Why were our bunk beds so rusty? and paint chipped?
why was the food raw? and undercooked? and so sloppy?
why did we have paper thin comforters?
why did we drink fake coke? if we paid so much money?
why were several of the counselors without degrees? Did therapy cost more, from unlisenced therapists? Was our our money secretly used, by TM or other directors? Did it pay for TM's dogs dog food? Did our money pay their personal bills? Gas money?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MONEY..where does it go?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »
I understand there's some good documentation on that very question in Dan's book.

The spirit of this country is totally adverse to a large military force.
--Thomas Jefferson

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
MONEY..where does it go?
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2004, 02:32:00 PM »
Dans book?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
MONEY..where does it go?
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2004, 03:33:00 PM »
Yeah, it's called Duck In A Raincoat. I think there's a copy somewhere on Ken's website or look here http://www.marthamoxley.com/reviews/

To the extent that a society limits its government to policing functions which curb the individuals who engage in aggressive and criminal actions, and conducts its economic affairs on the basis of free and willing exchange, to that extent domestic peace prevails. When a society departs from this norm, its governing class begins, in effect, to make war upon the rest of the nation. A situation is created in which everyone is victimized by everyone else under the fiction of each living at the expense of all.

--Edmund A. Opitz

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Gal-Ileo

• View Profile
MONEY..where does it go?
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »
Yes, Duck in a Raincoat.  I have a bone to pick with Dan B. over his discrediting of me.  It was a pathetic ruse.  But that's not about writing which I have edited, and participated in since I was 12.

Let me say this "Duck in a Raincoat" will tell you A LOT about the Joe Ricci story which shows you where the money goes; and, I have contended and STILL contend, as it was written in a more "journalistic fashion" than a normal bio (Maura, writer in advertising) but...had a human component that "Duck" SHOULD be taken seriously and...it would be a publishable book with a "major" (publisher) IF Maura were to simply hire the right editor...OR attend a "college writing workshop" at the Master's Level or in a Pro-program and be open to "change."  

As it stands, it's worth the read.  

I think of it as a Memoir.  

I think if it was re-titled   Lost on the  Yellow Brick Road (A Memoir about working for a Real Life Svengali)...(or Dr. Caligari or whoever!!) and like I said, "edited" for the purposes of making it work as "autobiographical literature" (it isn't strict bio but it does have biography as well) it would do REALLY WELL.  

It would be great for example if Maura Curley could include more "signposts" of the times...Ricci's thoughts on Patti Hearst...umm, what did he think of Disco, or did he ever sing anything under his breath, was ROCK in the air, besides the seedy older men what was going on?  

There's a real Godfather atmosphere, he's Italian (as are half my family; god knows I know the type!)....but, there's stuff about say "an ethanol plant" and then it's just someone's word that it's NUTS at a time when there'd been a gasoline crisis (actually).  

I guess, more "backstory" as they call it now.  It's not anything but "retooling" which dramatists DO (especially in readings) and many college writers do in workshops, which becomes second nature.  I edited an entire novel for a very close friend in La and I know.  It's hard work, but also, strangely enjoyable :smile:

As it stands, it's clear,  lucid, advertising exec. prose.  It elucidates a man I don't think Ms Curley understood exactly; but then, no one was there to write about her own role.  That is the only "tragic flaw" (or saving grace?).

It's definately readable and it definately contributes to understanding the "vibe" of the Supreme Leader  of Elan as well as the money he spent on a RACETRACK...which is likely where MUCH of your money went...and I would guess...guessing, offshore BANKS?  Dontcha think??  :rofl:

This year will go down in history! For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!

http://www.aidoann.com/guncontrol.html' target='_new'>Adolph Hitler

Lunatics are melodramatic. The subtleties of drama are wasted on them...The final chapters of my book are knitting together: incest, buggery, outrageous women and strange love-cults catering for depraved appetites. All the fashionable bric-a-brac...My \'u

Offline E7haterJe

• View Profile
MONEY..where does it go?
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 11:45:00 PM »
wow! thanks! very good explanation of the book. I have been very busy lately, getting ready for this semester to start...But as soon as I get some free time, to like sit down, and organize myself, I would like to order this book.
-Jenny
BTW- were you in Elan?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
MONEY..where does it go?
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »
This is something that I have been complaining about for a long time, and something that my father noticed as well, and then pulled me out. Joe Ricci did remind me of a Tony Soprano type. I don't think that he was ever as important as the Godfather or the Last Don in the mob underworld. That school was obviously a front for money laundering and/or drug running. It just sounds unusual that the owner of a theraputic school would be caught with large quantities of coccaine so often. This would mean that it probably was not for himself, he was selling it, and if it was, he had some serious problems. Oh, and he also owned a racetrack. I'm not touching that one because somebody already has.