Author Topic: Ginger, You're Only Hurting Yourself!  (Read 16760 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Ginger, You're Only Hurting Yourself!
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2004, 07:46:00 PM »
there ya go --- let's let all TEENAGERS make the decisions in their lives. They are so well known to do the RIGHT thing and make SOUND decisions --- yeah - THAT'S the answer. LOL

Please tell me that none of you "survivors" have kids. PLEASE

Anon, when it comes to faith-based boarding schools, a teenager is more than capable of deciding for themselves if they want to accept Christ as the answer to pleasing their parents. Remember, these schools target teens who are not court adjudicated and are suffering mainly from a condition called entitlement-itis  :smokin:  

:wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2004, 10:15:00 PM »
On 2004-06-28 15:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

On 2004-06-28 08:49:00, Anonymous wrote:  there ya go --- let's let all TEENAGERS make the decisions in their lives. They are so well known to do the RIGHT thing and make SOUND decisions --- yeah - THAT'S the answer.  LOL

How do you expect kids to learn how to make good decisions for themselves? Are they supposed to defer to Mommy Dearest on every minute issue till the magical moment when they turn 18 or 21 and then, spontaniously, mysteriously start batting 1000, making perfectly good choices without any practice?

No, humans don't operate that way. We learn from experience, sometimes from our mistakes. But becoming a competent, independent adult takes some practice. We know they're going to make mistakes. That's why we don't let them drive, drink, vote or hold public office till they've come of age. Those are sensible limits. But we (sane people) don't want to lock our children up and remove all of their choices every time they piss us off or frighten us. We remember having been children ourselves and we understand that children are complex human beings and our relationships with them very fragile.

Please tell me that none of you "survivors" have kids.  PLEASE"

Actually, some of us are grandparents already, most of the rest of us have teenaged or preteen kids (who will never see the inside of a teen gulag)

He who joyfully marches in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice.
--Albert Einstein

10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
It is wrong to leave a stumbling block in the road once it has tripped you.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2004, 10:33:00 PM »
On 2004-06-28 15:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

there ya go --- let's let all TEENAGERS make the decisions in their lives. They are so well known to do the RIGHT thing and make SOUND decisions --- yeah - THAT'S the answer.  LOL

Please tell me that none of you "survivors" have kids.  PLEASE"

I have two kids now, girls 18 and 16. Both have experimented with drugs/alcohol (one of them did much more than I did as a teen) but both are now doing very well and have NEVER been in treatment or AA or NA or anything else. My oldest graduated high school last year and is in nursing school and my youngest is taking dual enrollment courses as a sophomore so that she can have a year of college done before she graduates high school. I talked to them about what drugs did to me AFTER I got out of Straight. I talked to them in REAL terms, set REAL expectations and allowed them the freedom to make some mistakes on their own and I helped to GUIDE them through those times.

This is from a letter I wrote a few months back.  I get so sick and tired of parents who think it's their God given right/responsibility to force their kids into these places.  Adolescence ain't for sissies....for the kids or the parents.  Take responsibility.  Get and stay involved in their lives.  Spend more time teaching them to have a passion in life for something than buried in your own lives or problems.  Treat them with respect.  That includes respecting their need to begin to cut the apron strings.  It's not easy, believe me, but far more[/b] damage was and is done in these places.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2004, 10:34:00 PM »
:roll: That was me.

...the people have a right to keep and bear arms.
-- Patrick Henry and George Mason Debates

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 16, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »
On 2004-03-30 07:02:00, Antigen wrote:

"Yes, Kiwi, I b'lieve he did.

Anyway, you'd be wise to just save your pennies and sit back and see what happens. I know it's probably inconceivable to you, given your apparent immersion in totalistic thinking. But I actually am not responsible for controling other people, far less for protecting your secrets.

What are politicians going to tell people when the Constitution is gone and we still have a drug problem?
--William Simpson

"

Yeah Ginger, hang in there. If "academies" or "schools" are abusing children we have the right to exercise our free speech and point this out. If you get in trouble be sure to let us know what is going on. Don't forget that rich and powerful children are getting stuck in these places too. I know some names I could contact from my experiences that can muscle these assholes right into the ground.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
On 2004-02-25 07:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I for one, (and I am sure there are many, many othes who feel the same) agree with Ginger's attorney, Phil Elberg:  The lady should be thanked, not sued.  "

Amen to that one.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »
The nice thing is that your case would be pretty simple. It will be very easy to get tons of witnesses with plenty of horror stories concerning the overall system in the country. Then you get some from this specific academy that can shed doubt on any witnesses they produce. I'm sure there's a wealth of precedents to cite as well. If he asserts that he has been slandered then he will have to prove any information was false. He will probably only prove partial at best so you just remove the bogus posts and leave the rest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2004, 10:53:00 AM »
The threat to sue is pretty weird. It smells like a bluff to me. If he sues then his academy goes under a microscope. I doubt he will want that. If he was really clean he'd debate the posters rather than threatening lawsuits, don't you think?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »
Is there any hope of soliciting more help from the press in emphasizing the horrors that are occuring in many of these places? I would think the more people know what is going on, the more they would be willing to uphold our rights to free speech.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
On 2004-01-04 06:02:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Wow, are you people freaks!

The information is no good if it does not apply to Ginger's situation.  In the Complaint, which I think Deborah, and all you other nuts DO NOT HAVE, Ginger is being sued on the following combination of causes:

Injunction, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Public Disclosure of Private Facts, Defamation (False Light) and Tortious Interference with Business Relationships.

Which part of the sites you people are reading like the Bible match this exact combination of Counts contained in the Complaint?  Let me help you out, NONE!  Also, Ginger, tossed in her two cents and took sides (usually siding with a nut), which those sites do not cover.

I'm not saying don't look at the sites (they may have some general information that some might find helpful), what I'm saying is the laws you think shield Ginger don't!

Learn to READ people, and stop living in FANTASYLAND."

Out of those counts which ones are still valid if the facility is shown as abusive? (as in the case of Straight)

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2004, 07:22:00 PM »
On 2004-06-28 08:49:00, Anonymous wrote:

i would have never accepted Christ if I hadnt gone this program

if you don't believe that you "would have never accepted christ" without ALA, perhaps you don't really accept divinity... the only doorway to divinity is through your soul.
What are you guys talking about I'm from this boarding school and believe me Craig has only helped I would probably be dead right now from drug and alochol overdoses if i hadnt come to abundant life academy craig has done alot and listen no one is perfect i mean why are you juding his life when you need to first take a look at yours.

wow, i feel like i'm back at cedu again.
ok, here's the deal... you keep saying what would have and what would not have happened had you not gone to this program; that's exactly what they wanted from you!  it was a manipulative tactic in order to place a sense of urgent obligation onto your guardians.  once you left the program, and you're not dead, it must've worked, right?  i mean, that was their goal... to keep you alive.  but did they REALLY spiritually resuscitate you?  i'm inclined to make a judgement, but i won't because i realize that i have no clue who you are.  
second, how do you know whether or not we look at our lives?  i'm an introspectionalist... that's what i do.

aura solomon

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 15, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »
On 2004-01-01 04:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ginger,

You are making statements, even now that you have been sued, suggesting you will conspire with Carey to make this as expensive a trip as possible for Sue, and your other comment that people are concerned about controlling free speech.  These two statements will probably cause Sue's attorney to amend his complaint.

In the first place, I have a copy of the suit.  The Florida precedent cited is right on point.  There is nothing canned about Sue's lawyer's Memorandum of Law.  If this were to be played out, you'll be lucky to avoid losing your house, probably through protection of the Bankruptcy Court.

Second, Sue has sued you in Florida.  Good Florida litigators are very, very expensive.  If you defend yourself, you will be looking at a legal bill upwards of $50,000 (even in the unlikely event you would prevail).  And while Florida Courts have traditionally permitted telephonic appearance for some hearings, you'll be traveling to Florida quite a bit in the upcoming months.

Third, I noticed that Sue is relying on some Federal Law in connection with her suit.  If her attorney or yours removes this to Federal Court, you'll need to hit the lottery to pay for your legal representation.  Also, Carey's lawyer will in all likelihood file a cross-claim against you for indemnity.  That's because your interests and hers seriously diverge.

Now, after that little commentary on the law, let me explain how your comments may serve to harm you and why you should think about shutting your mouth:

1. Threatening or even suggesting to protract litigation to intimidate a Plaintiff to dismiss their or its case is unlawful.  Sorry to say, that what you have allowed to be posted to the Fornits website is actionable in every State, not just Florida, and when a Judge reads that you propose to deliberately make this a long, hard road for Sue by having an attorney file dilatory pleadings, you'll may find yourself looking at interim sanctions and you could pay Sue's legal bills as well.  Given who her attorney is, I don't think you want to talk yourself into that.

2. You have been wrong about your comments all along, that everyone can post whatever they want and you are just allowed to sit back and watch explosion after explosion take place with no consequence to you.  You have been told this time and again, yet you persist in living in a fantasy world, probably to compensate for your admittedly srewed-up childhood.

This society has rules.  As adults we have agreed to live by the Rule of Law and the Social Compact.  Your website is ruleless (if there is such a word) and that flies in the face of the laws that we as a society have agreed to live by.

Ginger, this would be a very good time for you to shut your hole.  Your lawyer is going to tell you this if you get that far.  If you don't hire a lawyer, then Sue will get a Judgment by default and you will be very sorry you did not take the sound advice people have tried to give you for months.

Think it over Ginger!"

How'd it work out for you, blowhard?  

Let this be a notice to all of you morons who continually threaten lawsuits.  Are you as prepared as these folks?  Have that much money?  

If not, you may as well just forget it now.  If so, just look what your money buys - NOTHING.  Well, maybe some embarrassment and humility (humiliation?).

Sue me?  Fuck you.

-Arnold Schopenhauer
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #87 on: September 15, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
Oh, I got dropped. As far as I'm concerned, it's over. And, fwiw, it was probably a smart move on the part of the plaintiff. If I ever have to shut down Fornits, what will ya'll do? Just.... shut up? Cower in fear? Lose each other's email addresses? Or would ya'll just continue the conversation on other forums, maybe setting up a few new ones?

I don't doubt that, eventually, some of these bellyachers will put a hurtin on some of us. I can lose. You could lose. But they can't win. It's as simple as that.

Revelation indeed had no weight with me.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 15, 2005, 04:31:00 PM »
On 2005-09-15 13:05:00, Antigen wrote:

"Oh, I got dropped. As far as I'm concerned, it's over. And, fwiw, it was probably a smart move on the part of the plaintiff. If I ever have to shut down Fornits, what will ya'll do? Just.... shut up? Cower in fear? Lose each other's email addresses? Or would ya'll just continue the conversation on other forums, maybe setting up a few new ones?

I don't doubt that, eventually, some of these bellyachers will put a hurtin on some of us. I can lose. You could lose. But they can't win. It's as simple as that.

::troll::  

Revelation indeed had no weight with me.
--Benjamin Franklin, American Founding Father, author, and inventor

"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 15, 2005, 04:34:00 PM »
On 2004-01-01 04:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ginger,

You are making statements, even now that you have been sued, suggesting you will conspire with Carey to make this as expensive a trip as possible for Sue, and your other comment that people are concerned about controlling free speech. These two statements will probably cause Sue's attorney to amend his complaint.

In the first place, I have a copy of the suit. The Florida precedent cited is right on point. There is nothing canned about Sue's lawyer's Memorandum of Law. If this were to be played out, you'll be lucky to avoid losing your house, probably through protection of the Bankruptcy Court.

Second, Sue has sued you in Florida. Good Florida litigators are very, very expensive. If you defend yourself, you will be looking at a legal bill upwards of $50,000 (even in the unlikely event you would prevail). And while Florida Courts have traditionally permitted telephonic appearance for some hearings, you'll be traveling to Florida quite a bit in the upcoming months.

Third, I noticed that Sue is relying on some Federal Law in connection with her suit. If her attorney or yours removes this to Federal Court, you'll need to hit the lottery to pay for your legal representation. Also, Carey's lawyer will in all likelihood file a cross-claim against you for indemnity. That's because your interests and hers seriously diverge.

Now, after that little commentary on the law, let me explain how your comments may serve to harm you and why you should think about shutting your mouth:

1. Threatening or even suggesting to protract litigation to intimidate a Plaintiff to dismiss their or its case is unlawful. Sorry to say, that what you have allowed to be posted to the Fornits website is actionable in every State, not just Florida, and when a Judge reads that you propose to deliberately make this a long, hard road for Sue by having an attorney file dilatory pleadings, you'll may find yourself looking at interim sanctions and you could pay Sue's legal bills as well. Given who her attorney is, I don't think you want to talk yourself into that.

2. You have been wrong about your comments all along, that everyone can post whatever they want and you are just allowed to sit back and watch explosion after explosion take place with no consequence to you. You have been told this time and again, yet you persist in living in a fantasy world, probably to compensate for your admittedly srewed-up childhood.

This society has rules. As adults we have agreed to live by the Rule of Law and the Social Compact. Your website is ruleless (if there is such a word) and that flies in the face of the laws that we as a society have agreed to live by.

Ginger, this would be a very good time for you to shut your hole. Your lawyer is going to tell you this if you get that far. If you don't hire a lawyer, then Sue will get a Judgment by default and you will be very sorry you did not take the sound advice people have tried to give you for months.

Think it over Ginger!"

(sooooo?????????)   Bible ->  ::read:: Do you know him?