Author Topic: Julian Youth Academy employee arrested in death of baby  (Read 25267 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Julian Youth Academy employee arrested in death of baby
« on: November 13, 2011, 05:50:55 PM »
San Jose Mercury News
Calif. mother arrested in death of 4-day-old girl

The Associated Press
Posted: 11/08/2011 04:58:45 PM PST
Updated: 11/08/2011 04:58:47 PM PST

REDDING, Calif. — A 23-year-old Northern California woman is under arrest for killing her infant girl and then hiding the baby's body.

The Shasta County Sheriff's Office said Tuesday that Jessica Bradford was arrested on suspicion of murder and willful harm to a child. She is being held in Shasta County Jail on $1 million bail.

Investigators say Bradford gave birth to the girl in September but hid the pregnancy from everyone, including her boyfriend. She allegedly kept the baby in a vacant residence at the private Christian boarding school where she worked in Whitmore, about 30 miles east of Redding.

The baby died four days later.

Bradford is accused of hiding the baby's body in a staff dormitory and then moving it when she suspected someone had discovered it.

Copyright © 2011 - San Jose Mercury News
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Xelebes

• View Profile
Re: Julian Youth Academy employee arrested for killing baby
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 05:59:34 PM »
Now that's what I call emotional support!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2011, 06:19:08 PM »
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:51:48 PM by Anonymous »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Shasta County Woman Arrested in Death of Newborn
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
The facility's website is "Down for maintenance." Oh, I bet it is!  ::)

http://www.teenrescue.com/[/list]

KHSL-TV
Shasta County Woman Arrested in Death of Newborn

Reported by: Alan Marsden
Email: [email protected]
Last Update: 11/08 6:22 pm

Jessica Nicole Bradford

A Shasta County woman faces murder charges for allegedly killing her baby at a remote, private school for troubled youth. Jessica Bradford, age 23, was arrested Sunday night after authorities received a report of a still-born baby girl at the Julian Academy in Whitmore. Tuesday afternoon, investigators revealed the baby girl was actually born around September 19th and died about four days later.

Bradford reportedly kept the pregnancy hidden from everyone she knew, including her boyfriend. She reportedly admitted neglecting to care for the newborn by not feeding it. When the baby died Bradford reportedly kept its body in a laundry basket for a month and a half. Authorities say the baby was in a mummified state of decomposition; however was a fully developed, full term baby. Bradford is expected to be arraigned Wednesday.

© 2011 Catamount Broadcasting of Chico-Redding, Inc.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Shasta County Woman Arrested For Killing Secret Baby...
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2011, 07:52:28 PM »
An earlier topic on Julian Youth Academy:

JYA: Expansion when other are downsizing
    viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26981[/list]

Not sure if it's been mentioned before, but... it looks like these people took over the former Cascade School campus in Whitmore sometime after it closed:

"The [Julian Youth Academy] has leased a 250-acre ranch formerly known as Shepherd's Ranch and the Cascade School, east of Whitmore, since 2009."[/list]

KRCR-TV
      UPDATE:
      Shasta County Woman Arrested For Killing Secret Baby; Infant Found Mummified

By Kerry Loring, Asst. News Director
      POSTED: 9:30 am PST November 8, 2011
      UPDATED: 9:31 am PST November 11, 2011

Bradford, Jessica Nicole

WHITMORE, Calif. -- A young mother is facing murder charges after the mummified body of her baby girl was found dead at a boarding school for troubled teens in eastern Shasta County.

Jessica Nicole Bradford, 23, was arrested Sunday at Julian Youth Academy near Whitmore, east of Redding.

KRCR News Channel 7 has learned Bradford is a current employee of the Julian Youth Academy and lived in a dorm on the 250-acre property on Tintagel Lane.

According to the Shasta County Sheriff's Office, they received a report of a deceased infant around 5:30 p.m. Sunday. Deputies found the mummified body of a infant girl and determined Bradford, the infant's mother, was responsible for the death.

A lengthy interview with Bradford revealed startling details about what transpired over the past few months. The Sheriff's Office says Bradford told them she got pregnant while working at the academy and that she gave birth on or about September 19th. She told investigators she hid the pregnancy from everyone, including her boyfriend of three years. She originally told investigators the baby was stillborn, but later admitted that it lived about four days before dying.

Bradford said she thought about giving the baby up for adoption, but eventually decided against it. She admitted to neglecting the baby by not giving it any food or breast milk. She said she kept the baby in a vacant building on campus for those first four days and would check on it periodically while she still worked, visited her boyfriend and drove to Redding at least two times.

Bradford said she didn't name the baby because she didn't want to become attached to it.

After the baby died, she kept the child hidden in her room in a laundry basket for approximately a month and a half until a co-worker discovered it. When she realized someone had possibly seen the baby, she decided to move it to a utility closet on Friday, November 4th. Sheriff's deputies eventually found the child in that same closet on Sunday, the 6th.

According to the Sheriff's Office, the baby was in a mummified state of decomposition. It was a fully-developed, full-term baby.

Bradford was arrested for an open count of murder and willful harm or injury to a child. She is being held at the Shasta County Jail on $1,000,000 bail. She is expected to be arraigned Wednesday.

Julian Youth Academy

The Julian Youth Academy is Christian residential boarding school for troubled teens. According to the organization's website, it was founded in 1993 as a non-profit private residential school for struggling teenagers in need of full-time supervision and redirection. It accepts students ages 12-17 and has another campus in Southern California. The academy has leased a 250-acre ranch formerly known as Shepherd's Ranch and the Cascade School, east of Whitmore, since 2009.

Copyright 2011 KRCR.
      Copyright © 2011 Bonten Media Group, Inc - Redding, CA USA

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      Comments: "Shasta County Woman Arrested For Killing Secret..
      « Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 09:08:11 PM »
      Comments left for the above article, "Shasta County Woman Arrested For Killing Secret Baby; Infant Found Mummified" (by Kerry Loring; November 8/11, 2011; KRCR-TV), #s too many to count pt. 1/2:

Michelle Slade · Owner at My Umbrella Marketing & Consulting · November 8, 2011 at 9:53am
        A sad story for all involved.
      Rachellyn Robinson · Redding, California · November 8, 2011 at 9:55am
        How old was her baby?
        Naiomi Dickmeyer · November 8, 2011 at 6:41pm
          4 days
        [/list]
        Crystal Ann Walker · Redding, California · November 8, 2011 at 12:41pm
          wow there was only 4 people booked into the shasta county jail for murder before the past two days....now there's six. two murders in one week.....where is redding going from here?
        Sherry Tolen · Cottonwood, California · November 8, 2011 at 1:41pm
          the same place the rest of the world is goin...
        Tyler Hadley · November 8, 2011 at 5:45pm
          that lady must be twisted in the head or something. I wonder if religion had something to do with this.
          Tyler Hadley · November 8, 2011 at 5:46pm
            no offense but i think some heavy duty christians are known for doing weird stuff.
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 8, 2011 at 5:50pm
            Tyler Hadley that has got to be the stupidest thing I have heard in a very long time!
          Tyler Hadley · November 8, 2011 at 5:57pm
            Jule Sourjohn what do you mean? they are not all angels. i read about some of the things they do.
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 8, 2011 at 5:58pm
            Tyler Hadley Then they are not true Christians. You cannot say that it was her religion or beliefs that made her kill her child.
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 8, 2011 at 5:59pm
            Christians do not kill their babies.
          Tyler Hadley · November 8, 2011 at 6:21pm
            Jule Sourjohn In most of the news stories ive read, they claim that the person or animal they killed was posessed by satan and they felt they had to kill it or a deity told them to kill it. im not sure if thats why this woman killed her baby but my point is religious beliefs can make people commit crimes like this. look at what the muslims did on 9/11
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 8, 2011 at 6:33pm
            Tyler Hadley Muslims are not Christians. And people who kill and say Satan told them to do it are usually mentally ill and hear voices in their heads.
          Tracy O'Campo · November 8, 2011 at 6:38pm
            Tyler Hadley, no her religious beliefs had nothing to do with it. I'd say it was her LACK of religious beliefs.
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 8, 2011 at 6:39pm
            Tracy O'Campo AMEN!!!!
          Tyler Hadley · November 8, 2011 at 6:41pm
            Jule Sourjohn religion starts to control people and what they do and that makes people mentally ill. thats my opinion.
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 8, 2011 at 6:48pm
            Tyler Hadley and everyone is entitled to their opinion. :) But true believers in God, not religion,(and there is a difference) are not the killers.
          Albert N Ashley Torres · Owner at Owner/Operator of Inside &out Clean-ups & Hauling · November 9, 2011 at 1:20am
            new flash tyler, no human will ever b an angel, r has been an angel. this lady has mental issues. if she knew the Jesus Christ I kno,she wouldnt have ever done this. just becuz she wrks at a place that sound chruchy doesnt make her a christian, or even make any sense. this is a sad story due to the fact she felt the need to kill. But sad as this is, make no mistake about it. God is good & that baby is in heaven (not as an angel/kid with wings or anything eles that makes no sense), heavy duty christians are in to feeding the needy, healing the sick,speaking the good news of Jesus Christ to all ends of the world.
          Albert N Ashley Torres · Owner at Owner/Operator of Inside &out Clean-ups & Hauling · November 9, 2011 at 1:23am
            Tracy O'Campo rather then a lack of religious beliefs, its the lack of relationship with the Lord.
          Danielle Roth · None · November 9, 2011 at 10:36am
            Tyler Hadley they are not real christians to do those things
          Tyler Hadley · November 9, 2011 at 3:32pm
            for all of you who think christians don't kill babies, look up Andrea Yates. she was the Houston woman who drowned her kids in the bathtub because her pastor had told her that children automatically go to Heaven and she didn't want to risk that they might grow up and end up in Hell instead.
          Tyler Hadley · November 9, 2011 at 3:34pm
            and saying god is real is like saying the tooth fairy is real. they are both fake.
          Jule Sourjohn · Dallas, Oregon · November 9, 2011 at 4:59pm
            Tyler Hadley like I said, everyone is entitled to their opinion. MY God is real. Tooth fairy is not.
          Albert N Ashley Torres · Owner at Owner/Operator of Inside &out Clean-ups & Hauling · November 9, 2011 at 8:33pm
            Tyler Hadley .ok so its clear that you aren't clear on history. its a fact that Jesus Christ walked the earth. died was risen from the dead & was seen by thousands after. Yes there are stories of people doing countless things. in all walks of life some in the so called name of God. The truth is that there is two Gods one whom is above all, Jesus Christ w/ a capital 'G' & the god of this fallen world.. satan. the truth is that everyone knows there is more out there then day to day. the choice is yours to serve Jesus who gave His life to you, because of an never ending Love for you. or to reject that Jesus died for you. the good news you hear that christians have is that the Lord took care of the sin problem made by the choice of adam & eve.Jesus made the way for us to be free from sin, by giving His life in place for ours!! the answers are not far. the Bible has been proven fact & history I hope you choose life choose Jesus.
          Tyler Hadley · November 9, 2011 at 8:52pm
            Albert N Ashley Torres its impossible for me to believe that there is a so called god in the clouds. it completely defies scientific laws. if he jumps right in front of me and says he's the real deal, i might believe it but until that happens, i remain an atheist.
          Robin Ray · Top Commenter · November 10, 2011 at 3:37pm
            Tyler Hadley wtf moron
          Alexandria Newlin · November 13, 2011 at 12:47pm
            Albert N Ashley Torres It is a proven fact that he walked the earth? Last time I checked the bible is not considered historical fact, but a book of stories, which are fiction. It is non-fiction only to those who read it that way and interpret it to follow there belief systems. Don't tell me to read it, been there, done that. Also would like to know where is the historical proof any of this happened since you feel so strongly about it? All I see is a book written by different people. Maybe they wrote it as more of a dream world, or perhaps a scare tactic.
          Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:37pm
            Tyler Hadley Yes, my daddy f'ed me over and over and I loved it.
          Tyler Hadley · November 20, 2011 at 9:00pm
            Robin Cowley that is gross and it has nothing to do with the subject.
          Tyler Hadley · November 27, 2011 at 8:47pm
            Alexandria Newlin thanks for the backup. :)
          [/list]
          Nicole Friedrich · Works at Jeff's Cattle Co. · November 8, 2011 at 5:55pm
            This makes me sick! This is where capital punishment comes in handy.
            Sadie Phipps · Central Valley High · November 9, 2011 at 2:32pm
              that's disgusting. she starved the poor baby!
            [/list]
            Shasta Connect · Shasta College · November 8, 2011 at 9:49pm
              She considered adopting the infant out, but decided against it? What made her decide against it! Sickening.
              Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 8, 2011 at 10:01pm
                Thats awsome!
              Patti Neugart Rhinehart · Adams, Wisconsin · November 9, 2011 at 8:17am
                Robin Cowley
                Ya..there has to be one "sicko" on here...maybe it should have hapened to you~GROW UP!!
              Angela Paulsen · November 9, 2011 at 10:36am
                Some people are so selfish!!
              Robin Ray · Top Commenter · November 10, 2011 at 3:36pm
                Robin Cowley what is awesome you sickF...
              Amanda Porras · Caregiver at IHSS · November 10, 2011 at 6:33pm
                It's so sad how some people don't care about a life.I don't get it.So many women who want a child but can not,yet there is people like this who should not be able to bare a life.
              Cycleryusa Jason Reynolds · Bike Mechanic at Bike Mechanic · November 17, 2011 at 8:40pm
                Robin you think everything is awesome. I am happy U are over your infatuation with me. That's awesome too.
              [/list]
              Dwayne Walker · University of South Florida · November 9, 2011 at 6:02am
                I don't believe the school is entirely innocent. These unlicensed boarding schools have proven to be hotbeds of abuse.
                Rachel Oropeza · Server/Hostess at IHOP · November 10, 2011 at 2:39am
                  I dont know much about Boarding Schools outside of this one...but this one is perfect!!!!It sucks being there at the time...yes...because youre cut off from all you know...but they do the best they possibly can to take care of us...I would know...I was a Student...and it helped me turn my life around!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!All I'm saying is....read up or shut up.No disrespect it just really upsets me when people target JYA as a school of that sort...we are given an opportunity of LIFE there...and what we choose after JYA is our Choice...but we all live it through.
                Dwayne Walker · University of South Florida · November 10, 2011 at 7:40am
                  I'm in the business, so to speak. We're planning a convention of survivors from different boarding schools, some fundamentalist Christian and some not, and this story is not an uncommon one. Girls have attempted suicide just to get out. Many of them use deceiving tactics to get the parents to enroll their kids. Very few teens choose to go to these places of their own free will and it's not necessary to even have a drug related problem. Just thinking different can land you in a teen gulag. I've heard way too many stories and experienced too much to let JYA off the hook until the investigation is complete and we see just how well they cooperate with it.
                Emily Carrera · November 11, 2011 at 9:15pm
                  I've always said for many years that this "boarding school" should be closed and now another story. I am a victim from the school. I didn't choose to go there, and nor did I choose to have them do the things they did. I know so many people that had worse than me. I wish I could file a suit against them and finally have a word and come face to face and actually be able to speak with out them speaking over me or having a "NO TALK" be written on my badge!
                Dwayne Walker · University of South Florida · November 12, 2011 at 6:20am
                  Emily Schneider Carrera Check out this site. We're in Southern California and we've been able to garner some national attention at ABC News and Mother Jones.
                http://sia-convention.org[/list]
                Nina Barbour · Works at 17th Street Cafe · November 12, 2011 at 9:58pm
                  People make their own decisions and as we know every individual makes their own choices. Of course there are many unanswered questions right now regarding this case but this case is about the death/murder of the infant. This is not a case about the quality of the school. The reason why I am posting this is because this school saved my life. There is absolutely no way that I would be alive if it weren't for this program. To this day I continue to stay in contact with almost every staff as well as visit as often as I can- I know this place very well. Unlike many other programs in the United States(which I can say because I have been to others) this one is based on disciplining in LOVE not discipline by abuse(verbally or physically). YES I understand that what Jessica did is absolutely against those beliefs BUT the school and other... administrators have NOTHING to do with what she did. As we saw in all the articles Jessica kept her pregnancy a secret, she did not involve the others. I am in no way trying to defend Bradford, my intentions in writing this was to make sure you stay clear of automatically placing the blame on the school simply because other unlicensed schools you hear about have bad reputations. I get that you say we shouldn't "let JYA off the hook until the investigation is complete" but I also think one should not jump to conclusions that the school was involved. All we know is what was released and I will stand up against the negative things being said about this school because I know that they saved my life as well as many others and would never participate in something like this. People make their own decisions.
                [/list]
                Jodi Helm-Hobbs · Victory Christian Academy · November 9, 2011 at 7:20am
                  I wonder if she was a former student of the Academy?
                  Jodi Helm-Hobbs · Victory Christian Academy · November 9, 2011 at 8:22am[/size][/u]
                    I confirmed through another article that she was a former student.
                  [/list]
                  Robin Ray ·  Top Commenter · November 9, 2011 at 8:04am
                    My God how can your just stave a newborn to death? Leaving it in an empty building so no one can hear it crying for help and only checking on it to see if it died yet. I cannot believe I am saying this but I am so starting to believe in an "Eye for an Eye" The same thing should happen to this very sick girl.
                    Dwayne Walker · University of South Florida · November 9, 2011 at 12:22pm
                      The question to ask is did they ever take this girl to a doctor? What sort of abuse and discipline took place at this lockdown facility that would have motivated her to keep her pregnancy silent? Believe me, worse has happened in some of these so-called 'boarding schools'.
                    Robin Ray · Top Commenter · November 9, 2011 at 12:53pm
                      Dwayne Walker I agree Dwayne I was just so angry about the baby.
                    Rachel Hesedahl · November 9, 2011 at 2:24pm
                      Dwayne Walker The story states she was an employee, not a student.
                    Rachel Oropeza · Server/Hostess at IHOP · November 10, 2011 at 2:36am
                      Dwayne Walker:I went to JYA as a Student;to clarify...there is NO abuse physically mentally or emotionally...theyre very helpful and that place gave me to tools to find my way through life in a healthy manner aside from the ways I had chosen before.She both attended as a Student and later as a Staff where this unfortunate event had taken place...I was Student with her and was there for a short amount of time while she was a Staff Member...nothing justifies the choice she made;it was horrible...and I am choosing to make no comment on the situation other than this...IT IS FOR CHRIST TO JUDGE NOT US.JYA is not a LOCKDOWN facility;the Staff do not abuse us/them...we were fed proper fulfilling meals...Home Schooled on a Program...and temporarily protected from the evils of the world while we learning to use our better sense of judgement...what we choose to do with afterward is our decision!
                    Dwayne Walker · University of South Florida · November 10, 2011 at 7:42am
                      Again, doesn't matter! Had she been a former student and couldn't cut it in the world and was thus accepted back as an employee? Not good! Even if that's not the case, this situation shows that places like these have very low standards when it comes to hiring help and need regulation or risk getting shut down.
                    Bianca Balboni · November 10, 2011 at 12:01pm
                      Rachel Hesedah. she was both
                    Emily Carrera · November 12, 2011 at 10:21pm
                      Rachel Hesedahl from the earlier reports she was a former student!
                    Emily Carrera · November 16, 2011 at 9:52am
                      Rachel Oropeza glad someone came out fine.. I don't think you should be saying that THERE IS NO ABUSE..that's completely false.. but you are entitled to your own opinion! sounds like someone was BRAINWASHED!! just saying.. I am entitled to my own. opinion!
                    [/list]
                    Gina Rumble · Great Plains Vo-Tech · November 9, 2011 at 9:14am
                      They need to put her in a closet and not feed her and let her die the same way she let that baby die!
                      Amy Everhart Lyons · December 22, 2011 at 10:56am
                        Then we can all be just like her!
                      [/list]
                      Jennifer Webb · Avon Representative at Avon Products, Inc. · November 9, 2011 at 9:56am
                        This woman should be put to death, she could have taken her baby to any Fire Dept. or hospital with no questions asked. Instead she let her baby starve to death alone, there are so many women out there that desperately want a child, and she just lets hers die a horrible death. I say off with her head!
                      Marci Richardson · Top Commenter · Manchester Community College, Manchester, CT · November 9, 2011 at 9:59am
                        May this Baby's soul forever rest in peace!
                      Tammy Garrison · Administrative Assistant II at Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde Social Services Department · November 9, 2011 at 10:11am
                        What a selfish, sick, poor excuse for a human being. Karma's coming for you chick!
                        Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California  · November 20, 2011 at 8:36pm
                          No, we must have mercy and love for this beautiful creature.
                        [/list]
                        Laurie Taylor · Patient Services Assistant at University of Michigan · November 9, 2011 at 10:45am
                          I have a 5 week old granddaughter and I could not imagine starving her for 1 day let alone 4. Even though she put it in an empty building, how did she keep it quiet so no one walking by would her? There are so many people in the world who are unable to have a baby of their own and want to adpot. I agree with Robin Ray, "Eye for an Eye" - she needs to locked away somewhere without out food and water for days.....
                        Anthony Crues · Remington College · November 9, 2011 at 11:38am
                          IF SHE LIVED IN TENNESSEE SHE WOULD HAVE HAD A MUCH LOWER BOND AND COULD TAKE DRUGS ON BOND....JUST LIKE LINDSEY LOWE...GOOGLE HER NAME!
                        Torria Determined Finney · Inventory Specialist at Patrick Henry Community College · November 9, 2011 at 12:32pm
                          She checked on it for like 4 days? and w/in those 4 days she didn't feel any kind of human emotions to give the babey to someone who could care for it? Crazy as b*tch fo sho!
                        Cadi Saunders · November 9, 2011 at 12:41pm
                          God, so many horrible stories about child abuse. I pray for humanity.
                          Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:36pm
                            Dont u r wasting your time.
                          [/list]
                          Rachel Hesedahl · November 9, 2011 at 2:24pm
                            It said she was an employee, not a student.
                            Alexandria Newlin · November 13, 2011 at 12:51pm
                              Other articles and people who know her stated she was a student who became staff
                            [/list]
                            Raven Withey · North State Independence High School · November 9, 2011 at 2:44pm
                              this is disgusting, but what I don't understand is how do you hide something like this from everyone? I mean not one single person noticed that she was pregnant and then all the sudden wasn't pregnant, and wasn't carrying around a baby? & how could NO ONE have noticed a starving baby crying? this is like the most horrible thing I've ever heard, some people are so sick.
                              Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:43pm
                                what are u talking about? She didnt hide it for long.
                              Raven Withey · North State Independence High School · November 20, 2011 at 10:03pm
                                Robin Cowley it said the baby was born in september ? that's over a month, it was almost 2 months, not to mention the 9 months she was pregnant before that ?
                              [/list]
                              Nick Hyatt · Assembly Technician at Purity Pool · November 9, 2011 at 5:46pm
                                This is totally sad and unnecessary. I see where everyones coming from for sure and there feelings towards this woman. I just have one question are you sure you are doing everything you can to keep innocent people from dying? the reason I'm asking is because there's a young baby here in redding who needs a heart transplant and is going to die if she doesn't get it, have you seen one of those donation boxes, listened to local radio stations or read about it in the news paper and decided not to contribute? I don't know the family of that little girl but I'm doing everything I can to help save that little girls life. The truth is if you don't choose to help in some ones death your choosing to be part of it. Just saying.
                                Melissa Meeker Hyatt · Graphic Designer/Owner at Daddys Girl Graphics · November 10, 2011 at 10:45am
                                  ugh ppl make me sick
                                Brandon James Walworth · Pioneer High School, Redding, CA · November 11, 2011 at 7:20am
                                  Sin knows no boundaries. The baby is in a better place now. Very sad.
                                Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:42pm
                                  How do expect anyone to donate their adult heart to a baby? Get real.
                                Nick Hyatt · Assembly Technician at Purity Pool · November 20, 2011 at 10:36pm
                                  Robin Cowley are u dumb enough to think I would even suggest that lol and fyi she got the transplant and had zero % rejection
                                [/list]
                                Will Elliott · Works at UC Davis · November 9, 2011 at 6:12pm
                                  I notice that a number of respondents here are excited that they might get to kill someone (albeit vicariously through the state).
                                Ohtana Kaeo · Federal Way, Washington · November 9, 2011 at 8:50pm
                                  she'll rot in hell!
                                Thomas A. Farmer · Kansas City, Missouri · November 10, 2011 at 5:49am
                                  The going-ons of children turning up missing and/or found dead is the copycat syndrone of the Anthony case, this is a backlash of how our legal system has failed to protect the innocent, and there will be many more to follow if the justice system continues to drags it feet on the increasing missing child cases...cause in the end, the public already knows that the fate of these children are done in by the hand of their own parents and/or family friends...it is a shame.
                                Janille Gendron · Lake Tech · November 10, 2011 at 8:08am
                                  It's called Condoms, Birth control and Abortion. Get to know them!
                                  Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:41pm
                                    guys dont like them. They always try to make them come off or say they tore or something. Use dildos they are better.
                                  [/list]

Copyright 2011 KRCR.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                  Comments: "Shasta County Woman Arrested For Killing Secret..
                                  « Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 09:13:35 PM »
                                  Comments left for the above article, "Shasta County Woman Arrested For Killing Secret Baby; Infant Found Mummified" (by Kerry Loring; November 8/11, 2011; KRCR-TV), #s too many to count pt. 2/2:

Bianca Balboni · November 10, 2011 at 11:59am
                                    Despite the circumstances, its unfortunate that we have to remember Jessica as this as well as her mug shot, and not the girl we thought she was. She looks so distraught, the look in her eyes pierces my heart.There are so many unanswered questions, the first being how could SHE do this? How could someone play it off for so long like nothing is wrong? Its out of this world. My prayers go out to all the students and family that were affected.
                                  Athena Kulkarni · November 10, 2011 at 2:38pm
                                    I don't understand why everyone is so surprised....I've been saying the staff at JYA are messed up in the head for years now! NEVER trusted them. Nothing they do will shock me.
                                    Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:35pm
                                      Dont hate girl! U look like a terrorist to me!
                                    Naiomi Dickmeyer · November 20, 2011 at 10:08pm
                                      ^^ Troll
                                    [/list]
                                    Deana Dixon · November 10, 2011 at 3:47pm
                                      There are no right words for this woman, this is an unforgivable act upon a child, there is foster care, there is adoption, or even the Child's father who apparently knew nothing about the baby, or other family...Children are our future, but we are so busy killing/molesting/raping and beating them we are not going to have a future generation.. Sick!
                                      Mark Loring · November 10, 2011 at 3:48pm
                                        someone should lock her in a closet with no food
                                      Deana Dixon · November 10, 2011 at 3:49pm
                                        Something Mark....so sad
                                      [/list]
                                      Lura Culver Kilpatric · Works at Lots and lots of places · November 11, 2011 at 7:42am
                                        Look, I do not claim to be any kind of expert...but mental illness, and even post-partum depression can seriously affect one's judgement. Especially when that person feels that they are completely alone in a situation. I guess I am going to withhold judgement for now. My heart goes out to that poor baby, and to the other members of her family, who will have to live with this tragedy for the rest of their lives.
                                        Janis E. Bridgeford Cross · Area Educator including Redding, Oroville, Ukiah and Fort Bragg. at DCI (Dialysis Clinics Inc) · November 11, 2011 at 7:51am
                                          I agree, something isn't right here.
                                        Lura Culver Kilpatric · Works at Lots and lots of places · November 11, 2011 at 2:58pm
                                          Brad, who are you and why are you stalking me?
                                        Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:39pm
                                          Lura Culver Kilpatric I like talking to u. U look like a terrorist. That turns me on.
                                        [/list]
                                        Bernice Viehmann · Phoenix, Arizona · November 11, 2011 at 4:17pm
                                          To the public: sorry for the harsh words. I am very upset, obviously, about this whole situation. This hit too close to home for me. I have lost 3 babies in my life. It is excruciatingly sad, because there are women who want to have a baby so bad and they can't because of some medical condition or whatnot. It's just a crying SHAME. YES, GOD IS HER JUDGE! not me, or anyone else here on this planet earth...........In this Life, though, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW! good-bye
                                        Athena Kulkarni · November 11, 2011 at 6:39pm
                                          When I see that girls are still brainwashed and support JYA it makes me so scared. That place is abusive. They took away so much from me and every day is a struggle because of how much they tried to break me down when I was a child. Someone please help me. I feel so upset that even now some people are supporting Bradford and saying we all loved her. I DID NOT! She treated me like I was less than human. If there is anything you can do to help me email [email protected]. I need closure. If JYA can be shut down I'll finally have peace again and so will so many other girls that confide in me.
                                          Alexandria Newlin · November 13, 2011 at 12:50pm
                                            are you on fb? there are pages/group you can join to talk about these things JYA Survivors is one with a lot of others in your same situation, and of course Julian Youth Academy has a page.
                                          Athena Kulkarni · November 14, 2011 at 4:21pm
                                            thankyou so much..ill look into it
                                          Rachel Oropeza · Server/Hostess at IHOP · November 15, 2011 at 4:03am
                                            :(
                                          [/list]
                                          Michelle Lavoy · Redding, California · November 11, 2011 at 7:32pm
                                            SHE SHOULDn't LAST LONG IN JAIL....TOO MANY MOMS LOCKED UP AWAY FROM THEIR KIDS WONT PUT UP WITH THAT.
                                            Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:40pm
                                              Sure, like U know. She will last a long time.
                                            Michelle Lavoy · Redding, California · November 23, 2011 at 2:29pm
                                              Robin Cowley WHY ARE U EVEN HERE ?? UR COMMENTS SUCK AND NOBODY EVEN LIKES U !!
                                            [/list]
                                            Dionne Lake · November 12, 2011 at 11:42pm
                                              I went to this "school." I refuse to call it a school. The place is run by an organization called "teenrescue". They had a facebook page where they talked about how they accept all these types of troubled teens with problems ranging from self-mutilation to adoption to drug use, etc. But they don't even have the proper kind of staff to care for these teens, and it just is sickening. Look at this girl for instance. I know her. She was a student as well. She went in there bc she had all types of issues, she was considered to be a teen that they could supposedly rescue. Looks like they missed the mark, huh? And then right after she "graduated" the program, they let her become a staff member and take care of the other teens that these unsuspecting parents are paying the school to rescue. She had absolutely no qualifications... to be in that position. A lot of former students at the school, like me, have been asking the owner of the program for years about why he doesn't make it a requirement for the staff he hires to be licensed by the state, or to have better qualifcations to care for the girls there. Googe Julian Youth Academy and you'll see that there were people asking him these questions and sharing their concerns as far back as 2008 on an LA Times site! He totally dismissed their concerns! Unbelievable! And now this happens! It is so sick and so sad. Those poor kids that are getting placed in this program are in danger in my opinion. Look who cares for them. This woman. So twisted. If I were a parent with my child in that place, Id be demanding my money back. There are a lot of people who are writing the owner, Phil Ludwig, on a private Facebook page and asking him what is going on with his lax in standards over there. I told everyone that they needed to start writing their questions to him on pages that aren't private. These issues need to be made public. So right now I am asking Phil to be honest and open about what kinds of teens he accepts at Julian Youth Academy. What is he telling parents that he can do for those teens? And most importantly, what kind of care is he providing them? His website has been "under maintenace" since this happen, and I want to know why. Is he rethinking the page on his website that lists the requirements to get employed to work here? I sure hope so. I'd like some answers.
                                              Robin Cowley · Top Commenter · Redding, California · November 20, 2011 at 8:39pm
                                                Well, nobody really cares about anyone they cant f*k anyways. Thats the facts. Either u make them money or you f*k them, if not U are a worthless person to them.
                                              [/list]
                                              Kathy Diggins · Nurse at Corrections · December 7, 2011 at 6:27pm
                                                @Robin, are you picking your nose or what.
                                              Maximumrider Groves · Top Commenter · December 22, 2011 at 10:16pm
                                                a nd yet, people are anti death penalty. some crimes cry for the dp. this is one of them.
                                              Lynn Houts · December 22, 2011 at 10:37pm
                                                That chic is really sick, a real freak and I think it would be best if she is kept far, far away from others.

Copyright 2011 KRCR.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                              Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die...
                                              « Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 09:55:54 PM »
                                              The Record Searchlight
                                              UPDATED: Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say

By Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley
                                              Posted November 8, 2011 at 9:24 a.m., updated November 8, 2011 at 4:43 p.m.

Jessica Bradford

Shasta County Sheriff's deputies have arrested a woman who they said let her 4-day-old daughter die from neglect.

Investigators found the baby girl's body Sunday afternoon at the Julian Youth Academy on the 12000 block of Tintagel Lane in Whitmore after a school employee alerted authorities.

Deputies Monday arrested the infant's mother, 23-year-old Jessica Bradford, on suspicion of murder and willful harm to a child.

Sheriff's detectives said Tuesday that Bradford gave birth to the girl in mid-September and the baby died about four days later. Bradford initially told a detective the baby was stillborn but later admitted the girl lived for four days, sheriff's Sgt. Steve Grashoff said.

Bradford told detectives she hadn't told anybody — including her boyfriend of three years — that she was pregnant, Grashoff said. She said she thought about giving the baby up for adoption but chose not to, deputies said.

Bradford kept the baby in a vacant residence on campus and would occasionally check on it, Grashoff said. She continued to go to work, see her boyfriend and drove to Redding at least twice for personal business, he said.

She told Detective Brian Jackson she didn't feed the baby and tried to give the girl water when she cried, Grashoff said.

"She did not want to tell her boyfriend about the baby because she did not want to affect his life and her life," Grashoff said in a news release.

Bradford kept the infant hidden in a laundry basket in her room for about a month and a half after the girl died, Grashoff said. She moved the girl's body into a utility closet Friday after realizing someone may have seen the body, according to the sheriff's office.

Julian Youth Academy workers found the baby in a pile of blankets in the staff dorm room, sheriff's logs said. An employee called authorities Sunday to report the find, but the baby was gone when she went to check.

The employee who called authorities reported other employees had said they found the baby Friday evening. The baby appeared not to be fully developed and one of its arms was disfigured, sheriff's logs said.

Grashoff said the baby was in a mummified state of decomposition but was fully developed.

Bradford was a Julian Youth Academy employee, said Phil Ludwig, academy director. He declined to elaborate on her position at the Southern California-based, private Christian boarding school for troubled teens.

"This had nothing to do with the school," Ludwig said. "This was a private residence she rented, it did not directly involve the school in any way."

Grashoff said Bradford is originally from the El Cajon area in Southern California. At 17 she entered the Julian Youth Academy and stayed on as an employee after graduating, he said.

"We're very sad at the possible event that took place," said Ludwig. "Other than that we don't know what happened and we don't want to guess at it."

Bradford is held in Shasta County Jail on $1 million bail. Grashoff said she's scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday.

© 2011 Record Searchlight.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                              Comments: "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby..."
                                              « Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:15 PM »
                                              Comments left for the above article, "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say" (by Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley; November 8, 2011; Record Searchlight), #s 1-20:

Reddingite001 writes: November 8, 2011 9:35 a.m.
                                                Very sad news to start our day. Why not give the baby to a family member or place the baby for adoption? This is a tragic heart-wrenching story. My sincere condolences to the mother's family.
                                              FireCityCouncil writes: November 8, 2011 9:36 a.m.
                                                (This comment was removed by the site staff.)[/list]
                                                Pot_Hater2 writes: November 8, 2011 9:38 a.m.
                                                  Holy crap!!!...so freaking sad and sick all at once..
                                                bluesbeach writes: November 8, 2011 9:41 a.m.
                                                  There should be a mandatory class people
                                                  take before having kids and/or getting married.
                                                outsideofthebox writes: November 8, 2011 9:42 a.m.
                                                  When will humans collectively embrace the light?
                                                thumper6977 writes: November 8, 2011 9:52 a.m.
                                                  saw her mugshot early this morning and wondered when they would post the story.

So sad for the child......but is in a better place now and in better hands.
                                                sujeka writes: November 8, 2011 10:03 a.m.
                                                  This is terribly tragic. The poor baby has been robbed of its entire life, and the young woman who did this will have to live with the horror of her actions for the rest of hers. She must have been in a terrible, dark place to commit such an act -- my heart goes out to her, despite her heinous crime.
                                                Trouble_In_River_City writes: November 8, 2011 10:03 a.m.
                                                  Look at that girl, this is what happens when babies have babies. ?
                                                  Peace ? for that poor child.
                                                cal writes: November 8, 2011 10:05 a.m.
                                                  The RS disables any comments on child abuse cases, even when all the players are identified, but allow comments on the most abusive of all actions.

I don't get it.
                                                here2day writes: November 8, 2011 10:08 a.m.
                                                http://www.co.shasta.ca.us/ShastaCounty ... .sflb.ashx
                                                Pg. 20-21[/list]
                                                dudefed writes: November 8, 2011 10:11 a.m.
                                                    in response to
                                                  outsideofthebox:
                                                    When will humans collectively embrace the light?
                                                  [/list][/size]Which light are you referring to?[/list]
                                                  justcurious writes: November 8, 2011 10:15 a.m.
                                                    omg so so sad :( I wonder how old the baby was....
                                                  sdj writes: November 8, 2011 10:15 a.m.
                                                    Oh my goodness! What a horrific tragedy for the lil baby. I do not know why someone would harm a lil darlin. We have laws in this state, to drop off a baby at a hospital, if ya think you cannot handle the responsibility of raising the baby. There is just no excuse.
                                                  Event_Horizon_Creator writes: November 8, 2011 10:23 a.m.
                                                      in response to
                                                    sujeka:
                                                      This is terribly tragic. The poor baby has been robbed of its entire life, and the young woman who did this will have to live with the horror of her actions for the rest of hers. She must have been in a terrible, dark place to commit such an act -- my heart goes out to her, despite her heinous crime.
                                                    [/list][/size]You must have more information than the rest of us. The article states that she was accused. Your post seems as if she's already been found guilty. What do you know that we don't? If you were her parent, wouldn't you want the public to refrain from such conclusions without all the facts?[/list]
                                                    Mushroomeater writes: November 8, 2011 10:35 a.m.
                                                      Why are we allowed to comment on this?

Redding.com...you have some serious issues at your place, ethical issues!
                                                    flytyr writes: November 8, 2011 10:38 a.m.
                                                      What in the World is wrong with these people?????
                                                    Reddingite001 writes: November 8, 2011 10:41 a.m.
                                                        in response to
                                                      RedBullVodkaRaver:
                                                        (This comment was removed by the site staff.)[/list][/list][/size]I always thought one was "presumed" innocent until proven guilty. The key word is presumed. Enough of that innocent until proven guilty stuff![/list]
                                                        mpete writes: November 8, 2011 10:44 a.m.
                                                          "The sheriff's office said the investigation revealed that the mother of the infant, Jessica Bradford was responsible for the death of her child. Bradford was arrested for an open count of murder and willful harm or injury to a child."

This was posted on KRCR, I am sure that the LE would not arrest someone and charge them with "WILLFULL" harm to a child if the evidence was not strong enough. It would be horrible to be the "grieving" mother and be arrested.
                                                        TheRealNorCal writes: November 8, 2011 10:53 a.m.
                                                          Event_Horizon_Creator writes: November 8, 2011 10:57 a.m.
                                                              in response to
                                                            RedBullVodkaRaver:
                                                              (This comment was removed by the site staff.)[/list][/list][/size]Thank you for explaining the obvious. How would it sound were I to reply to this article in a way that would indicate that these charges are completely without merit? Foolish I'm sure. My original questions remain unanswered.[/list]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
                                                              « Reply #9 on: November 14, 2011, 12:01:43 AM »
                                                              Comments left for the above article, "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say" (by Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley; November 8, 2011; Record Searchlight), #s 21-40:

Prissy writes: November 8, 2011 11 a.m.
                                                                Being a mother, a responsible mother, really would love to see this person go away forever. In my opinion, she deserves the same that she gave that little baby! How dare you. And I dont care if her "FAMILY" reads this because they probably feel the same.
                                                              primalux writes: November 8, 2011 11:01 a.m.
                                                                  in response to
                                                                sujeka:
                                                                [/list][/size]I am wondering about what kind of life this little girl would have had ....[/list]
                                                                momto2 writes: November 8, 2011 11:06 a.m.
                                                                  Let's wait to hear the details.
                                                                Mushroomeater writes: November 8, 2011 11:10 a.m.
                                                                    in response to
                                                                  primalux:
                                                                    I am wondering about what kind of life this little girl would have had ....
                                                                  [/list][/size](This comment was removed by the site staff.)[/list]
                                                                  Cynicalone writes: November 8, 2011 11:14 a.m.
                                                                      in response to
                                                                    Prissy:
                                                                      Being a mother, a responsible mother, really would love to see this person go away forever. In my opinion, she deserves the same that she gave that little baby! How dare you. And I dont care if her "FAMILY" reads this because they probably feel the same.
                                                                    [/list][/size]Oh good, we have something that the local drama queens can bother themselves about.[/list]
                                                                    gungal writes: November 8, 2011 11:21 a.m.
                                                                      I will never understand....we have been waiting years to adopt a baby.
                                                                      YEARS.
                                                                      why couldn't she just drop the baby at the firestation? Or hospital?
                                                                      Poor baby girl.
                                                                    SesshoumarusMiko writes: November 8, 2011 11:24 a.m.
                                                                        in response to
                                                                      Trouble_In_River_City:
                                                                      [/list][/size]She's 23 . . not a "baby" by any means. She knew what she was doing. Sick.[/list]
                                                                      I_Will_Not_Say_It_Again writes: November 8, 2011 11:24 a.m.
                                                                          in response to
                                                                        dudefed:
                                                                          Which light are you referring to?
                                                                        [/list][/size]I can tell by your tone where you want to take this post. You and the christian haters are so obvious. It is to the point with "you people" that we can make no mention of a loving God or any reference to any type of religion. Yes, yes, I know all about how tolerant you are.

You must remember that it says freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. It is the right to practice religion, not to restrict the practice of said religion.

OK. Now you can have all the fun you want. Have at it.[/list]
                                                                        SesshoumarusMiko writes: November 8, 2011 11:25 a.m.
                                                                            in response to
                                                                          cal:
                                                                            The RS disables any comments on child abuse cases, even when all the players are identified, but allow comments on the most abusive of all actions.

I don't get it.
                                                                          [/list][/size]I know, right?[/list]
                                                                          SesshoumarusMiko writes: November 8, 2011 11:30 a.m.
                                                                              in response to
                                                                            here2day:
                                                                            Pg. 20-21[/list][/list][/size]Hmm . . . still birth and murder are very different things.[/list]
                                                                            maggieshan writes: November 8, 2011 11:32 a.m.
                                                                                in response to
                                                                              here2day:
                                                                              Pg. 20-21[/list][/list][/size]Thank you for that extra information. Sounds like the baby wasn't in the best shape and may not have made it. Let's not jump to conclusions until more FACTS are released.[/list]
                                                                              sdj writes: November 8, 2011 11:33 a.m.
                                                                                  in response to
                                                                                gungal:
                                                                                  I will never understand....we have been waiting years to adopt a baby.
                                                                                  YEARS.
                                                                                  why couldn't she just drop the baby at the firestation? Or hospital?
                                                                                  Poor baby girl.
                                                                                [/list][/size]Exactly![/list]
                                                                                dudefed writes: November 8, 2011 11:50 a.m.
                                                                                    in response to
                                                                                  I_Will_Not_Say_It_Again:
                                                                                    I can tell by your tone where you want to take this post. You and the christian haters are so obvious. It is to the point with "you people" that we can make no mention of a loving God or any reference to any type of religion. Yes, yes, I know all about how tolerant you are.

You must remember that it says freedom OF religion, not freedom FROM religion. It is the right to practice religion, not to restrict the practice of said religion.

OK. Now you can have all the fun you want. Have at it.
                                                                                  [/list][/size]You are inferring too much here. For starters, you are responding for the original poster, are you sure that your reply is exactly what he meant?
                                                                                  Secondly, you infer from my reply that I am non-Christian-odd and wrong on so many levels. Please take a relaxing 10 minute break before repling in the future. Responding out of emotion rather than fact does not further any discussion rregardless of how you feel.
                                                                                  Please allow the original poster to explain what he meant, I know you mean well but you hardly speak for the masses.[/list]
                                                                                  SesshoumarusMiko writes: November 8, 2011 11:51 a.m.
                                                                                      in response to
                                                                                    maggieshan:
                                                                                      Thank you for that extra information. Sounds like the baby wasn't in the best shape and may not have made it. Let's not jump to conclusions until more FACTS are released.
                                                                                    [/list][/size]Sounds like the woman panicked. I hope she's not being charged simply for delivering without medical care. :/[/list]
                                                                                    I_Will_Not_Say_It_Again writes: November 8, 2011 12:06 p.m.
                                                                                        in response to
                                                                                      dudefed:
                                                                                        You are inferring too much here. For starters, you are responding for the original poster, are you sure that your reply is exactly what he meant?
                                                                                        Secondly, you infer from my reply that I am non-Christian-odd and wrong on so many levels. Please take a relaxing 10 minute break before repling in the future. Responding out of emotion rather than fact does not further any discussion rregardless of how you feel.
                                                                                        Please allow the original poster to explain what he meant, I know you mean well but you hardly speak for the masses.
                                                                                      [/list][/size]HAHAHA! Got your attention, didn't I? Thats all I wanted was attention. Call me a troll if you want to. My post could have been directed at you just as easily.[/list]
                                                                                      marianbeith writes: November 8, 2011 12:12 p.m.
                                                                                        am wondering if churches, hospitals & fire houses here will accept babies without crimal prosecution of the parent?
                                                                                      gungal writes: November 8, 2011 12:23 p.m.
                                                                                          in response to
                                                                                        marianbeith:
                                                                                          I am wondering if churches, hospitals & fire houses here will accept babies without crimal prosecution of the parent?
                                                                                        [/list][/size]Yes there are places marked for a "safe baby drop" fire houses, hospitals. Anyone can drop a baby and not have charges. I wish people would give their babies up more then this horrid thing:( [/list]
                                                                                        SesshoumarusMiko writes: November 8, 2011 12:38 p.m.
                                                                                          Yes, its called the safe haven law :)
                                                                                        isn10se writes: November 8, 2011 12:44 p.m.
                                                                                          I'm confused...was the baby still born or born allive and murdered? The article states they found a still born baby fully developed with trauma.
                                                                                          Definition:
                                                                                          A stillbirth is defined as the death of a fetus at any time after the twentieth week of pregnancy. Stillbirth is also referred to as intrauterine fetal death (IUFD).
                                                                                        Donthatetheredneck writes: November 8, 2011 12:45 p.m.
                                                                                          Ok so what I dont get.. The story says empoyess found the still born baby Fridy evening, but didnt call authorities until Sunday. Can someone explain that to me.

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                        • *
                                                                                        • Posts: 8989
                                                                                        • Karma: +3/-0
                                                                                          • View Profile
                                                                                        « Reply #10 on: November 14, 2011, 12:49:30 AM »
                                                                                        Comments left for the above article, "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say" (by Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley; November 8, 2011; Record Searchlight), #s 41-60:

isn10se writes: November 8, 2011 12:47 p.m.
                                                                                            in response to
                                                                                          isn10se:
                                                                                            I'm confused...was the baby still born or born allive and murdered? The article states they found a still born baby fully developed with trauma.
                                                                                            Definition:
                                                                                            A stillbirth is defined as the death of a fetus at any time after the twentieth week of pregnancy. Stillbirth is also referred to as intrauterine fetal death (IUFD).
                                                                                          [/list][/size]ok I read that wrong too...the baby was not fully developed?[/list]
                                                                                          AngieP writes: November 8, 2011 12:53 p.m.
                                                                                              in response to
                                                                                            Donthatetheredneck:
                                                                                              Ok so what I dont get.. The story says empoyess found the still born baby Fridy evening, but didnt call authorities until Sunday. Can someone explain that to me.
                                                                                            [/list][/size]I think it's a case of someone updating a story and then not going back to proof it to see if it made sense when they were finished. I agree with you: it's confusing. Can someone at RS please check the facts and then update/rewrite the story?[/list]
                                                                                            ImpishScoundrel writes: November 8, 2011 12:54 p.m.
                                                                                                in response to
                                                                                              Donthatetheredneck:
                                                                                              [/list][/size]even more perplexing... How does one murder a still born?

Something seems somewhat amiss with the story.[/list]
                                                                                              Moostang writes: November 8, 2011 12:59 p.m.
                                                                                                The Sheriff's log is what said "still born" on the initial report, my guess is after an examine they determined it was not a still born to make the arrest.

Be nice if the story was a little more clear for speed readers.
                                                                                              dacndoc writes: November 8, 2011 1:04 p.m.
                                                                                                "Julian Youth Academy is a Southern California-based, private Christian boarding school for troubled teens. Staff provide oversight round-the-clock."
                                                                                                Obviously the "staff" must have been watching the clock instead of her!!!!
                                                                                              Peaceful_Spirit writes: November 8, 2011 1:10 p.m.
                                                                                                  in response to
                                                                                                Prissy:
                                                                                                [/list][/size]Your user id fits you well.[/list]
                                                                                                jnr8tr writes: November 8, 2011 1:13 p.m.
                                                                                                  Why I even read these comments is beyond me! Redding people so quick to judge. Maybe this girl was scared? Maybe this girl was raped? Maybe she had no support system via Family or this so called "Christian" boarding school. PUt yourself in her shoes, would you have made the "right" choice? Article says baby was stillborn with a deformed arm. Apparently "god" interevened...get off your high horses and soap boxes for once!!!
                                                                                                thumper6977 writes: November 8, 2011 1:13 p.m.
                                                                                                  If it were "Still Born" I would assume the only charge that can be taken is unlawful disposal of human remains.

Lets see what the rest of the story is.
                                                                                                jcgamer writes: November 8, 2011 1:16 p.m.
                                                                                                  Sad, any way you look at it. I look forward to an update that can shed a little more light on this story.
                                                                                                BAW writes: November 8, 2011 1:32 p.m.
                                                                                                  Let's not be too hard on her.

I read it as it was still-born, and she probably was scared and didn't know what to do with the ALREADY dead baby.
                                                                                                Icare2respond writes: November 8, 2011 1:35 p.m.
                                                                                                  This article mentions "still born." This baby may not have been born alive so murder is maybe not the appropriate word. However, seeking help would have been appropriate. I am very sad for this mother, baby and the situation that put them in the place they are in at this time.
                                                                                                suku writes: November 8, 2011 1:37 p.m.
                                                                                                    in response to
                                                                                                  SesshoumarusMiko:
                                                                                                    Hmm . . . still birth and murder are very different things.
                                                                                                  [/list][/size]Yes but are those med students or what? I don't know if they are qualified to know the difference between still born and deformed or killed with mutilating violence. There's a lot of information missing here.[/list]
                                                                                                  Prissy writes: November 8, 2011 1:38 p.m.
                                                                                                      in response to
                                                                                                    Peaceful_Spirit:
                                                                                                      Your user id fits you well.
                                                                                                    [/list][/size]That maybe true, but my children are still alive. Who is going to speak for this baby and make sure this "woman" does not do this again? They arrested her for murder, they must know something.[/list]
                                                                                                    suku writes: November 8, 2011 1:47 p.m.
                                                                                                        in response to
                                                                                                      Prissy:
                                                                                                        That maybe true, but my children are still alive. Who is going to speak for this baby and make sure this "woman" does not do this again? They arrested her for murder, they must know something.
                                                                                                      [/list][/size]Whether you are the type of person to pray or knock on wood, please do one or the other. I would hate to see those words come back to bite you.[/list]
                                                                                                      mpete writes: November 8, 2011 1:57 p.m.
                                                                                                        "IF" the baby girl was a "stillborn" then they will be able to tell that upon an autopsy. If the baby took 1 breathe it can be found out that way.
                                                                                                        "IF" she was still born, then why try to hide the baby instead of giving her a proper burial?
                                                                                                      Peaceful_Spirit writes: November 8, 2011 1:58 p.m.
                                                                                                          in response to
                                                                                                        Prissy:
                                                                                                          That maybe true, but my children are still alive. Who is going to speak for this baby and make sure this "woman" does not do this again? They arrested her for murder, they must know something.
                                                                                                        [/list][/size]So quick to pass judgement. tsk tsk tsk. ANd LE knows everything right? I beg to differ with you. And I am in no way dissing LE. I have LE in my family and have nothing but respect for them. On the other hand, when someone like you spews poison I take offense to it. You were not there, you know nothing except what is printed in this paper. And here again, we all know how accurate these papers tend to be the first printing of a story.[/list]
                                                                                                        sdj writes: November 8, 2011 2:15 p.m.
                                                                                                            in response to
                                                                                                          jnr8tr:
                                                                                                            Why I even read these comments is beyond me! Redding people so quick to judge. Maybe this girl was scared? Maybe this girl was raped? Maybe she had no support system via Family or this so called "Christian" boarding school. PUt yourself in her shoes, would you have made the "right" choice? Article says baby was stillborn with a deformed arm. Apparently "god" interevened...get off your high horses and soap boxes for once!!!
                                                                                                          [/list][/size]It did not state in the article when it was first reported on, that the baby was still born. If the baby was still born, it is a completely different story than what was implicated in the article at the 1st.[/list]
                                                                                                          sdj writes: November 8, 2011 2:28 p.m.
                                                                                                            I wish the story had the facts of the case before writing the article. The omission of certain details in the first report, led the reader to understand that this was a malicious murder. If the facts are not clear to begin with and it is based on speculation on the evidence and testimony of those investigating, then it would be great if that was emphasized in the article. Stillborn and murder are completely different.
                                                                                                          MyBad writes: November 8, 2011 2:31 p.m.
                                                                                                              in response to
                                                                                                            cal:

I don't get it.
                                                                                                            [/list][/size]In the disabled comments, the victim is still alive. This poor child is not. That's the difference.[/list]
                                                                                                            Vegigardener writes: November 8, 2011 2:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                in response to
                                                                                                              primalux:
                                                                                                                I am wondering about what kind of life this little girl would have had ....
                                                                                                              [/list][/size]At least the baby would have had a chance. She could have droppedthe baby at a church or firehouse doorstep. This woman should never be allowed to get pregnant ever again.[/list]

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                              • *
                                                                                                                • View Profile
                                                                                                              « Reply #11 on: November 14, 2011, 01:39:52 AM »
                                                                                                              Comments left for the above article, "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say" (by Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley; November 8, 2011; Record Searchlight), #s 61-80:

reddingdad writes: November 8, 2011 2:37 p.m.
                                                                                                                  in response to
                                                                                                                jnr8tr:
                                                                                                                [/list][/size]Your "apparently god intervened" comment is pretty ignorant. Babies are born everyday that may have a missing limb or other problems and they end up being wonderful human beings that can contribute back to society. I am sure families that have children born this way are glad to have them! Everyone in your life must be so called "perfect" otherwise you wouldn't make such a comment. I know personally a little girl that does not have a "perfect" arm and she is more full of life than most kids. This world is a better place with her being on it. God should have intervened on your comments before you typed them![/list]
                                                                                                                commonsense24 writes: November 8, 2011 2:44 p.m.
                                                                                                                  will she be released by five due to over crowding?
                                                                                                                  just being sarcastic..
                                                                                                                  may the baby rest in peace and in the hands of the almighty.
                                                                                                                piperman55 writes: November 8, 2011 3:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                  That young woman had dead eyes. In my business we call it the thousand yard stare.

From the look on her face, she's seriously disconnected from her current reality.
                                                                                                                Lillybee writes: November 8, 2011 3:12 p.m.
                                                                                                                  Were the people at that school aware that she was pregnant? Was she an employee of the school? Or did she just rent a bed in the staff dorm room? What was written makes no sense to me.
                                                                                                                maggieshan writes: November 8, 2011 3:20 p.m.
                                                                                                                  Story from KHSL.

"

Jessica Nicole Bradford
                                                                                                                  Related Links
                                                                                                                  Sheriff's Dispatch Logs: See Page 20
                                                                                                                  A Shasta County woman was behind bars Tuesday after being arrested on suspicion that she killed her infant child.

Sheriff's deputies were called out to the 12000 block of Tintagel Lane in Witmore on Sunday evening around 5:30 pm for a report of a dead infant.

The deputies located the infant and, they say, further investigation revealed that its mother, Jessica Bradford, 23 of Whitmore, was responsible for its death.

The cause of death is currently under investigation.

Bradford was booked into the Shasta County Jail on Tuesday and is being held on $1,000,000 bail.

According to it's website, the Julian Academy is a boarding school for troubled teens, ages 12-17. Bradford is an employee at the school. The deceased baby was found in Bradford's private residence that she was renting on the schools property."
                                                                                                                Rosewild226 writes: November 8, 2011 3:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                  don't understand how a still born baby gets you arrested with a million dollars bail.
                                                                                                                Prissy writes: November 8, 2011 3:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                    in response to
                                                                                                                  Peaceful_Spirit:
                                                                                                                    So quick to pass judgement. tsk tsk tsk. ANd LE knows everything right? I beg to differ with you. And I am in no way dissing LE. I have LE in my family and have nothing but respect for them. On the other hand, when someone like you spews poison I take offense to it. You were not there, you know nothing except what is printed in this paper. And here again, we all know how accurate these papers tend to be the first printing of a story.
                                                                                                                  [/list][/size]So, by you bringing LE up, might I assume that even though you have them in your family, you dont like them. Since I don't break the law, I have no problem with them. I totally support their use of force too. You can take all the offense to it you want. That doesn't bring this baby back that she hid for at least 3 days. I mean really. She is not a kid, she's 23. She knows the difference between right and wrong and this, this was wrong.[/list]
                                                                                                                  No_Really writes: November 8, 2011 4:11 p.m.
                                                                                                                    "...arrested infant's mother on suspicion of murder and willful harm to a child."

"...workers found a "still born" baby in a pile
                                                                                                                    of blankets..."

"The baby appeared not to be fully developed and one of its arms was disfigured..."

Am I the only one that is confused? If the baby was stillborn and not fully developed, how can the mother be guilty of murder?
                                                                                                                  Lillybee writes: November 8, 2011 4:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                    This is a mess. I suspect that she hid her pregnancy at the school since it wouldn't be proper for an unmarried single woman to be around these troubled teens at a Christian Boarding School.
                                                                                                                  SesshoumarusMiko writes: November 8, 2011 4:34 p.m.
                                                                                                                    Just read the update . . . so she let the pup die so SHE and her BOYFRIENDS life wouldn't be affected? What in the **** is going on with people nowadays!
                                                                                                                  suku writes: November 8, 2011 4:38 p.m.
                                                                                                                    Wow. I feel sorry for this young woman. Doesn't know the value of life for sure.

Now ... how much did they say it costs to feed and house inmates? Hmmm, where's my checkbook ... got it, where's my pen ... ... Do they take debit cards?
                                                                                                                  thumper6977 writes: November 8, 2011 4:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                    Well, now we know the rest of the story.....poor little child.
                                                                                                                  cal writes: November 8, 2011 4:44 p.m.
                                                                                                                      in response to
                                                                                                                    No_Really:
                                                                                                                      "...arrested infant's mother on suspicion of murder and willful harm to a child."

"...workers found a "still born" baby in a pile of blankets..."

"The baby appeared not to be fully developed and one of its arms was disfigured..."

Am I the only one that is confused? If the baby was stillborn and not fully developed, how can the mother be guilty of murder?
                                                                                                                    [/list][/size]========================================

If this was Mississippi or Oklahoma she could be charged for murder.

The "personhood" legislation, being supported by the gop, incited by the teabaggers and pledged to by Romney and Cain will make delivering a stillborn, subject to criminal charges. As will any form of birth control.
                                                                                                                    Rigidly enforced by the 'men' of the jurisdiction.

Get ready women, you're next on the extreme rightwing hit list.

Not sure what the motives, if any, are with our own Redding child killing scandal. God knows we've had our share,
                                                                                                                    But look for nancy grace, any moment.[/list]
                                                                                                                    Ol_Paw writes: November 8, 2011 4:45 p.m.
                                                                                                                        in response to
                                                                                                                      Mushroomeater:
                                                                                                                        Why are we allowed to comment on this?

Redding.com...you have some serious issues at your place, ethical issues!
                                                                                                                      [/list][/size]Up sure yer not smokn' them 'shrooms'???
                                                                                                                      There should be NO stories off limits to comments..
                                                                                                                      Like the REAL newspapers do..[/list]
                                                                                                                      Captain_Crunchy writes: November 8, 2011 4:49 p.m.
                                                                                                                        I wonder where those detectives went to medical school?
                                                                                                                      gungal writes: November 8, 2011 4:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                        OMDDDDDAAAWWWWD!
                                                                                                                        That poor baby girl died from intentional neglect!!!
                                                                                                                        She was starved of food and water and I just hope and pray that I get to be on the jury.

PICK ME!
                                                                                                                      bunky writes: November 8, 2011 4:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                        That poor baby, never had a chance. Made me sad reading this story.
                                                                                                                      Lillybee writes: November 8, 2011 4:58 p.m.
                                                                                                                          in response to
                                                                                                                        cal:
                                                                                                                          ========================================

If this was Mississippi or Oklahoma she could be charged for murder.

The "personhood" legislation, being supported by the gop, incited by the teabaggers and pledged to by Romney and Cain will make delivering a stillborn, subject to criminal charges. As will any form of birth control.
                                                                                                                          Rigidly enforced by the 'men' of the jurisdiction.

Get ready women, you're next on the extreme rightwing hit list.

Not sure what the motives, if any, are with our own Redding child killing scandal. God knows we've had our share,
                                                                                                                          But look for nancy grace, any moment.
                                                                                                                        [/list][/size]Nancy Grace looking into this just might be a good thing.[/list]
                                                                                                                        Simmer_Down writes: November 8, 2011 4:59 p.m.
                                                                                                                          What a terrible decision she made, especially when there are so many couples who cannot have children out there. Plenty of options were available to her, now she must be held accountable. Tragic all around. I feel just as passionate about the unborn as I do about four day old babies. They all are a little life and are precious.
                                                                                                                        gungal writes: November 8, 2011 5:03 p.m.
                                                                                                                          Jessica Bradford
                                                                                                                          If you are reading thisI just want you to know.
                                                                                                                          You are a PITIFULL excuse for a person. You thought about adoption but...decieded to starve your baby girl to death instead of giving her to some family waiting and wanting a baby to raise.
                                                                                                                          SHAME ON YOU. You did not want anyone to know you were pregnant? Now EVERYONE knows what you are. What you did to lovely baby girl.
                                                                                                                          I don't know if YOU took the time to name your presious baby girl but I will be praying for her and have named her

Aziza(meaning mighty, beloved) becasue she was WANTED by me if no one else in the world(which is not true there are so many people waiting for YEARS upon YEARS for the chance to raise a baby).
                                                                                                                          So I will pray for Aziza and my three angel babies. She deserved so much MORE if only you had dropped her off at the fire station and walked away in the knowledge that me or someone like me would celebraite her and have LOVED HER.
                                                                                                                          Aziza remember your daughters name.

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                        • *
                                                                                                                          • View Profile
                                                                                                                        « Reply #12 on: November 14, 2011, 01:45:08 AM »
                                                                                                                        Comments left for the above article, "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say" (by Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley; November 8, 2011; Record Searchlight), #s 81-100:

suku writes: November 8, 2011 5:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                            in response to
                                                                                                                          Simmer_Down:
                                                                                                                            What a terrible decision she made, especially when there are so many couples who cannot have children out there. Plenty of options were available to her, now she must be held accountable. Tragic all around. I feel just as passionate about the unborn as I do about four day old babies. They all are a little life and are precious.
                                                                                                                          [/list][/size]It took more than one decision to kill that baby.[/list]
                                                                                                                          readytoroll writes: November 8, 2011 5:12 p.m.
                                                                                                                              in response to
                                                                                                                            Captain_Crunchy:
                                                                                                                              I wonder where those detectives went to medical school?
                                                                                                                            [/list][/size]Lucky for them, they did not have to go to medical school because the department has a forensic pathologist to examine the baby. Important to remember, not all the facts can be listed in the news paper. Never assume or read between the lines.[/list]
                                                                                                                            Transfer_Master writes: November 8, 2011 5:15 p.m.
                                                                                                                                in response to
                                                                                                                              I_Will_Not_Say_It_Again:
                                                                                                                                I can tell by your tone where you want to take this post. You and the christian haters are so obvious. It is to the point with "you people" that we can make no mention of a loving God or any reference to any type of religion. Yes, yes, I know all about how tolerant you are.

OK. Now you can have all the fun you want. Have at it.
                                                                                                                              [/list][/size]"you people"? Really? Just more proof that anyone who lives their life by a 2,000 year old book of STORIES, has the right to call regular folks.."you people". How simply ridiculous "you" think you are above regular folks. Just because someone wishes to live their lives in REALITY, does NOT give you a special right to spew your silly science fiction beliefs on ANY people that wish to live in real life. What ya gonna do, when your "god" doesn't answer you? Silly human.[/list]
                                                                                                                              Thatisjustsilly writes: November 8, 2011 5:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                                  in response to
                                                                                                                                gungal:
                                                                                                                                  Jessica Bradford
                                                                                                                                  If you are reading thisI just want you to know.
                                                                                                                                  You are a PITIFULL excuse for a person. You thought about adoption but...decieded to starve your baby girl to death instead of giving her to some family waiting and wanting a baby to raise.
                                                                                                                                  SHAME ON YOU. You did not want anyone to know you were pregnant? Now EVERYONE knows what you are. What you did to lovely baby girl.
                                                                                                                                  I don't know if YOU took the time to name your presious baby girl but I will be praying for her and have named her

Aziza(meaning mighty, beloved) becasue she was WANTED by me if no one else in the world(which is not true there are so many people waiting for YEARS upon YEARS for the chance to raise a baby).
                                                                                                                                  So I will pray for Aziza and my three angel babies. She deserved so much MORE if only you had dropped her off at the fire station and walked away in the knowledge that me or someone like me would celebraite her and have LOVED HER.
                                                                                                                                  Aziza remember your daughters name.
                                                                                                                                [/list][/size]you BOTH need counseling.[/list]
                                                                                                                                Simmer_Down writes: November 8, 2011 5:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                                    in response to
                                                                                                                                  suku:
                                                                                                                                    It took more than one decision to kill that baby.
                                                                                                                                  [/list][/size]Suku, let me rephrase so you can understand. What a terrible series of decisions she made...

Thanks for clarifying![/list]
                                                                                                                                  Powerline66 writes: November 8, 2011 5:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                                    Odious writes: November 8, 2011 5:32 p.m.
                                                                                                                                        in response to
                                                                                                                                      gungal:
                                                                                                                                        OMDDDDDAAAWWWWD!
                                                                                                                                        That poor baby girl died from intentional neglect!!!
                                                                                                                                        She was starved of food and water and I just hope and pray that I get to be on the jury.

PICK ME!
                                                                                                                                      [/list][/size]Man you have a lust for vengeance, what god do you contact about that?

I know who I would contact.[/list]
                                                                                                                                      Transfer_Master writes: November 8, 2011 5:33 p.m.
                                                                                                                                        Itsyounotme writes: November 8, 2011 5:45 p.m.
                                                                                                                                          So sad, There are almost no words to say how sad this makes me.
                                                                                                                                        OnTarget writes: November 8, 2011 5:52 p.m.
                                                                                                                                            in response to
                                                                                                                                          Prissy:
                                                                                                                                            So, by you bringing LE up, might I assume that even though you have them in your family, you dont like them. Since I don't break the law, I have no problem with them. I totally support their use of force too. You can take all the offense to it you want. That doesn't bring this baby back that she hid for at least 3 days. I mean really. She is not a kid, she's 23. She knows the difference between right and wrong and this, this was wrong.
                                                                                                                                          [/list][/size]What if this girl were a cop and did this? You'd be in a real quandary then, wouldn't you, not knowing which of your holier-than-thou, dogmatic judgments to spew.[/list]
                                                                                                                                          moodywife writes: November 8, 2011 6:10 p.m.
                                                                                                                                            What a sick "woman" why the heck would ANYONE do that to a child? I may not have a lot fo money, but had someone given me the baby, it would be well taken care of, I am sure as well that any normal person or people who can't have kids would try their hardest to give any child the life they deserve. I am sickened by this and I can only hope she gets malnourished/mistreated/disfigured and left to die the same way she did a helpless little baby. May you rest in peace Angel.
                                                                                                                                          jjasper writes: November 8, 2011 6:14 p.m.
                                                                                                                                            This school is for kids who have been neglected.
                                                                                                                                            Now look what terrible thing happened because she was still neglected when nobody noticed she was even pregnant. What's up with the bf????? How come he was so oblivious?????
                                                                                                                                          thumper6977 writes: November 8, 2011 6:26 p.m.
                                                                                                                                              in response to
                                                                                                                                            suku:
                                                                                                                                              It took more than one decision to kill that baby.
                                                                                                                                            [/list][/size]Totally agree there kiddo....[/list]
                                                                                                                                            Agr8nurse writes: November 8, 2011 6:28 p.m.
                                                                                                                                              I thank God everyday for my children's birth mothers.
                                                                                                                                            dev143 writes: November 8, 2011 7:05 p.m.
                                                                                                                                              How pathetic, and disgusting! I cant believe someone could be so selfish! Ugggghhhhhh What the hell is this world coming too??? Hope she never gets out, and without the death penalty so she will have to live with it everyday of her life!
                                                                                                                                            davenjan writes: November 8, 2011 7:22 p.m.
                                                                                                                                              I'm 63 and had two friends in high school. Each had a younger with severe birth defects. One girl was missing part of her left arm (just below the elbow); the other had no legs (if you've ever seen the movie "Silent Running", she operated one of the little robots from the inside). Both of them were wonderful people and very kind to others. So for those who wonder what kind of life this baby might have had...well, there's your answer.
                                                                                                                                            suku writes: November 8, 2011 7:23 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                in response to
                                                                                                                                              Simmer_Down:
                                                                                                                                                Suku, let me rephrase so you can understand. What a terrible series of decisions she made...

Thanks for clarifying!
                                                                                                                                              [/list][/size]That's what gets me so flabbergasted. I could actually understand (though never condone) a sudden attack of frustration causing her to accidently kill her own child. But the sheer number of poor decisions is completely flabbergasting. Each day, each minute of her pregnancy, help was a phone call away. Each day, each minute after giving birth, help was a phone call away.

If she didn't want the baby to affect her life, I wish she'd at least thought about how prison would affect it. There are so many better options and so many loving families who would have cherished that little girl.[/list]
                                                                                                                                              gungal writes: November 8, 2011 7:37 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                  in response to
                                                                                                                                                Thatisjustsilly:
                                                                                                                                                  you BOTH need counseling.
                                                                                                                                                [/list][/size]Why would I need therapy? Because I am waiting to adopt?
                                                                                                                                                Or because I think of the child she murdered?
                                                                                                                                                Oh wait it must be because I think adoption is a wonderful thing for all involved?
                                                                                                                                                Oh no you must think I need therapy because I think this is the most pathetic thing to come out of Whitmore?
                                                                                                                                                You tell me why you think I need help?[/list]
                                                                                                                                                Lillybee writes: November 8, 2011 7:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                  She also didn't want the baby to affect the bf's life either. Since she has been involved with the school and also considering how isolated this school is, I think that the baby's father may well be on staff.
                                                                                                                                                suku writes: November 8, 2011 7:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                    in response to
                                                                                                                                                  davenjan:
                                                                                                                                                    I'm 63 and had two friends in high school. Each had a younger with severe birth defects. One girl was missing part of her left arm (just below the elbow); the other had no legs (if you've ever seen the movie "Silent Running", she operated one of the little robots from the inside). Both of them were wonderful people and very kind to others. So for those who wonder what kind of life this baby might have had...well, there's your answer.
                                                                                                                                                  [/list][/size]The people who found and reported the condition of the baby did not know what they were looking at and mistakenly said it was stillborn. A "mummified state of decomposition" to someone who doesn't know any better and only gets a brief glimpse can look like deformity without closer examination.

I can only imagine the lack of belief and arguments after the baby was first seen and then disappeared from where it had been seen.[/list]

Offline none-ya

• Newbie
                                                                                                                                                  • *
                                                                                                                                                  • Posts: 2103
                                                                                                                                                  • Karma: +0/-1
                                                                                                                                                    • View Profile
                                                                                                                                                  « Reply #13 on: November 14, 2011, 02:14:12 AM »
                                                                                                                                                  Quote from: "Wayne Kernochan"
                                                                                                                                                  I wonder if it's a rape baby

Damn Wayne,Is that all you can think of?
                                                                                                                                                  ?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• Newbie
                                                                                                                                                  • *
                                                                                                                                                    • View Profile
                                                                                                                                                  « Reply #14 on: November 14, 2011, 01:12:30 PM »
                                                                                                                                                  Comments left for the above article, "Woman accused of killing her infant let baby girl die from neglect, detectives say" (by Sean Longoria, Scott Mobley; November 8, 2011; Record Searchlight), #s 101-120:

gungal writes: November 8, 2011 7:48 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                      in response to
                                                                                                                                                    Thatisjustsilly:
                                                                                                                                                      you BOTH need counseling.
                                                                                                                                                    [/list][/size]I know you think giving a dead baby girl a name is strange....funny that.
                                                                                                                                                    Azia was a person. Her "mother" killed her and I am guessing her "mother" never gave her a name. I can't be the only one that thinks her having a name helps her be seen as a person. Aziza deserves justice.
                                                                                                                                                    Just as her "mother" needs to account for the thngs she did and did NOT do.

And Yes I would like to think the people on the jury will have the empathy for Aziza and how she suffered for four days after she was born and the nine months before.
                                                                                                                                                    Then was her body was left to rot for Sept, Oct, and a few days into Nov.
                                                                                                                                                    That's not vengengence that's common sense![/list]
                                                                                                                                                    Universal writes: November 8, 2011 8:07 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                      Infanticide, such as this, has been used as a method of birth control for thousands of years. In some societies, such as China, female infants have been 'put out' to die from exposure because the parents wanted boys. Now as a result, there is a huge deficit of girls for wives of current young men.

In the middle ages, babies in Europe were thrown out on the street to die by the thousands as a type of birth control. Now, we have legal abortion and pills in order to avoid unwanted birth. It's amazing how infanticide can still occur, even today.
                                                                                                                                                    theantidrug writes: November 8, 2011 8:42 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                        in response to
                                                                                                                                                      Trouble_In_River_City:
                                                                                                                                                      [/list][/size]She's 23 years old... not a 14 year old trying to hide it from her parents and a priest...[/list]
                                                                                                                                                      Mephistopheles writes: November 8, 2011 9:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                        I thought they had set up bins or something that you could drop unwanted babies into near hospitals, etc.

Another reason to impose mandatory birth control across the board, though.
                                                                                                                                                      Lillybee writes: November 8, 2011 9:16 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                          in response to
                                                                                                                                                        Mephistopheles:
                                                                                                                                                          I thought they had set up bins or something that you could drop unwanted babies into near hospitals, etc.

Another reason to impose mandatory birth control across the board, though.
                                                                                                                                                        [/list][/size]This school is so conservative that they believe birth control is morally wrong. Luckily, the personhood amendment in Mississippi was defeated tonight.[/list]
                                                                                                                                                        Mephistopheles writes: November 8, 2011 9:32 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                            in response to
                                                                                                                                                          suku:
                                                                                                                                                            Wow. I feel sorry for this young woman. Doesn't know the value of life for sure.

Now ... how much did they say it costs to feed and house inmates? Hmmm, where's my checkbook ... got it, where's my pen ... ... Do they take debit cards?
                                                                                                                                                          [/list][/size]I'd say she has a much more realistic idea of the true value of human life than most people do.[/list]
                                                                                                                                                          snavemom writes: November 8, 2011 9:39 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                            am sickened. All I can think of is that poor little baby girl being starved from the love, warmth and nourishment of her mother.

Something has got to be mentally wrong with a young woman so selfish, that she would let a infant die...just so she could continue with her life and not upset her BF's life.

Ha, hows that working for you now, Jessica???
                                                                                                                                                          snavemom writes: November 8, 2011 9:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                            I don't know anything about the school - so why blame the school? I mean, this young woman wasn't a child? It's no one's fault except Jessica's. She made a horrible choice. Even if the school is very strict, it isn't a cult, is it? ( I really don't know, is it?) She could of left couldn't she?

I don't get it. Now days we are always looking for some deep seated reason as to WHY some do the awful things they do, as if to justify it - that they had no other choice. We feel sorry for them. Especially if it is an attractive young lady. We just want to bury our brains in the sand. No one in their "right mind" could do something like this. There MUST BE MORE...

Nope sorry - the school, her BF, her family in So Cal does not need to bare her shame - Jessica has done that to herself.

There's nothing MORE to the story. A baby was neglected and left to die - by her own mother.

Nuff said.
                                                                                                                                                          BeeMarie writes: November 8, 2011 9:51 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                              in response to
                                                                                                                                                            jnr8tr:
                                                                                                                                                            [/list][/size]I completely agree with you about people being so quick to judge, I don't think its just Redding but people are too quick to judge. However, even if this girl was scared that is absolutely no excuse to kill your newborn baby. There are so many loving people out there that would have been more than happy to take the baby girl off her hands. The article clearly stated that she didn't tell her boyfriend because she didn't want to affect his or her life. And even if she had no support system, again that is no excuse to kill your child. and the article said she was born mid september and died four days later and she was hiding it in a laundry basket for a month and a half after she died..the girl claimed it to be stillborn. Weather your child has a deformity or mental illness you are supposed to love it and take care of it just the same it is still a child and it didn't ask to be brought into this world. The mother brought her in and then made her suffer her few long days in this world. My heart goes out for this child and her father, and the mothers family. As for the mother, I really hope justice is served although nothing will bring back this poor little girl.[/list]
                                                                                                                                                            Cycotron writes: November 8, 2011 10:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                              There is something to be said about the school. Jessica was a student thats what RS posts. Good job teaching good moral ethics to your students :-
                                                                                                                                                            AlohaSpirit writes: November 8, 2011 10:04 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                              It breaks my heart to think of how that baby girl suffered! And the "mother" gave her water when she cried?! just enough sustanence to keep her alive just that much longer, to suffer just that much more!

How can a "human" do that to another? I just can't get my head around that. How that precious baby must have cried!

The perp was so wrapped up in her own little world that she missed awesome beauty of a whole new world. Is this how selfish our society is becoming?
                                                                                                                                                            pv96087 writes: November 8, 2011 10:09 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                              can honestly say I do NOT know any 23-year-old woman that would not seek medical attention for their newborn or keep their dead baby in a laundry basket for a month…

BTW the article does NOT say the baby was stillborn, it states:
                                                                                                                                                              Bradford initially told a detective the baby was stillborn but later admitted the girl lived for four days, sheriff's Sgt. Steve Grashoff said.

Disturbing and sad beyond words...
                                                                                                                                                            cal writes: November 8, 2011 10:57 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                in response to
                                                                                                                                                              Lillybee:
                                                                                                                                                                This school is so conservative that they believe birth control is morally wrong. Luckily, the personhood amendment in Mississippi was defeated tonight.
                                                                                                                                                              [/list][/size]=========================================

Glad to hear the "Personhood" bill was voted down.

This is another situation to prove that abstinence training is a bad choice for birth control.[/list]
                                                                                                                                                              OneOpinion writes: November 8, 2011 10:59 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                Very interesting -- she works at a Christian school, apparently does not believe in abortion, but does not mind leaving her child to die alone. This woman is a perfect example of why we should have mandatory sterilization for some people.
                                                                                                                                                              heavy_metal writes: November 8, 2011 11 p.m.
                                                                                                                                                                The narcissism, apathy and evil of this woman makes her a good case for sterilization. There is not enough time on earth for the amount of mental therapy it would take to ever allow her near a child again.
                                                                                                                                                              omnipotentate2u writes: November 9, 2011 12:10 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                wonder why they allow comment on this little girl's death, but we cant comment on the death of an alleged child molester?
                                                                                                                                                              lookagain writes: November 9, 2011 12:13 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                How sick is this. She should be cell mates with Racheal Limon. Lock em both up for good and throw away the key.
                                                                                                                                                              Cycotron writes: November 9, 2011 12:21 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                  in response to
                                                                                                                                                                omnipotentate2u:
                                                                                                                                                                  wonder why they allow comment on this little girl's death, but we cant comment on the death of an alleged child molester?
                                                                                                                                                                [/list][/size]The molester had a life, the baby didnt:-{ [/list]
                                                                                                                                                                StalwartVet writes: November 9, 2011 12:31 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                  I personally worked there at Julian Youth Academy close to about a year ago. I knew this women as a coworker and knew her boyfriend pretty well. I understand her stress from working up there and having a baby. They express to you the sort of image you need to portray while employed there. I personally had a baby girl out of wed lock and was told to NEVER let any of the students know of my "sin". For her being so far away from home, renting out a small house way up in the woods, and having only this one job as her source of income. She would have lost it all if she told the truth. I'm not at all saying what she did was right. She is an intelligent adult and should have known that those kind of actions bring about these kind of reactions. I am almost guaranteed that she this sad sad state of affairs came about due to peer pressure.
                                                                                                                                                                DrSeuss writes: November 9, 2011 5:49 a.m.
                                                                                                                                                                  Julian Youth Academy workers found the baby in a pile of blankets in the staff dorm room, sheriff's logs said. An employee called authorities Sunday to report the find, but the baby was gone when she went to check.

AND

The employee who called authorities reported other employees had said they found the baby Friday evening. The baby appeared not to be fully developed and one of its arms was disfigured, sheriff's logs said.

So others at this facility found/saw the baby on Friday and nobody called authorities until Sunday? What is wrong with the people that saw this little one on Friday? Why didn't THEY call on Friday? Almost makes it look like someone was trying to cover up this whole mess. Could be wrong, but sure looks odd.