Author Topic: We've Been There Goes Private- Removes Parent Section  (Read 945 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
We've Been There Goes Private- Removes Parent Section
« on: December 10, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »
We've Been There has removed the parents section because the board had "become over run with those who work for and promote the very programs, camps and facilities that many here feel betrayed by".

Not buying it. While it is true that there was some promoting going on, I fail to see why those messages couldn't have been removed,particularly if they violated the rules for or purpose of the board.

Doesn't set a good precedent. Program advocates bombard a board and it goes private to keep them out, consequently removing one of the few venues available to "parents who've been there" to share. To my knowledge, the parents section has always been part of the design. Thousands of informative posts on different programs, gone. Poof! Oh well......

The message regarding the new change:

Hi all ~

There have been a few changes to our message board. This board is now exclusive to former students and alumni. This board was originally designed for those former students to talk to each other and reconnect with old friends. Especially for those who were physically and mentally abused in such programs, camps and facilities. Most of those places strictly forbid communication outside of themselves, not allowing the exchange of addresses and phone numbers. We originally created this board in hopes of reuniting such people and allowing them to connect with others who have been where they were.

Unfortunately, this board had become over run with those who work for and promote the very programs, camps and facilities that many here feel betrayed by. The board then became counter productive in its purpose, and became a breeding ground for advertisements and referrals.

I apologize to all of those who have been using the board in the way it was intended for any inconvenience this may have caused you. This board is now no longer "public". You must now be registered to post, thereby making this board now "private" in a sense. This allows us to monitor the board better and keep those who have their own agendas at bay.

For anyone else who was using this board for any other purpose than what it was intended, please move on.
Simply go to ezboard.com and register your own board.

Thank you
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2003, 11:54:00 AM »
Yeah, I noticed that. For all the trouble, grief and hostility that flies around here, I think it's worth it for just the reason you state.

There never was a good war or a bad peace.

--Benjamin Franklin, (1773)

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Watchaduen

• View Profile
    • http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BethelAcademyAbuse/
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2004, 11:13:00 AM »
I know pertaining to all my Bethel Boys Academy posts, the Bethel Webmaster was successful in threatening with lawsuits.  The board suddenly wouldn't accept any posts from my ISP.  I tried to have my son post his story there.  NOPE, they wouldn't let anyone from my addy to post.  I guess the buckled under the intimidation.  One of the moderators even privately e-mailed me and stated that not only were they being threatened with lawsuits but also threatened by the various newspapers down in MS. that their articles were being used without their permission.  Am I to believe that the newspapers started searching the boards for their articles?  Of course not.  More panic and fear from the Fountains, who own and operate the notorious Bethel Academies.
heryle - My son was TORTURED and ABUSED at Bethel Boys Academy aka Eagle Point Christian Academy, aka Pine View Academy, Lucedale, MS.