Author Topic: calo ruined me  (Read 2461 times)

Offline am_i_that_crazy22

• View Profile
calo ruined me
« on: October 09, 2011, 03:23:19 PM »
i was pulled from this program a while ago and this was the most disturbing place i have ever been. to put it bluntly, i was completely brainwashed, as most kids are there, that what they did was normal and okay. i am tired of living in silence on what calo did to my self esteem, and emotional state. i am not condeming places that help kids, but this is beyond sick. i told a close friend my experience there, and he was horrified. no contact with the outside world, humiliating group sessions where we called people out on personal hygiene or attitude adjustments. no normal human being would be able to withstand the feedback i would read "anonymously" from fellow peers who were crazy, (legit crazy), and staff members who were in love with the female students. there's nothing i can do, but to imagine that there are kids there suffering drives me insane. i don't wanna hear from any students who deffend it. im glad u got ur lil diploma and u feel that it gives u some authority over my opinion, but i dont care to hear from you. i didn't need a diploma to know that i was not crazy. not a bad horrible kid. conflict arose from my parents, but thats it. i never did drugs. drank, stole or anything. i am depressed, and unhappy with some of the conflicts i went through with staff, both physical and mental. i am lost right now.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Samara

• View Profile
Re: calo ruined me
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »
In a weird way, you may be better off than those of us who imbibed the BS for long after we left the program. You have no illusions. So now, try to regain any sense of self that you lost.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2011, 06:44:20 PM »
Quote from: "am_i_that_crazy22"
and staff members who were in love with the female students. .

Ugghh....

Could you explain a little more about this if you feel up to it?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 07:47:18 PM »
hi che-sent u a message not sure if it went through. if your pm does not work i will talk on here, but id rather pm u.

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 12:43:55 AM »
Quite alright, I'll speak wherever you would like to speak.

I've been aware of the CALO situation for sometime now. I wish.. I really wish I could do more to help. Just not sure how I could help given Ken HOOOEYs tendency to sue everyone in sight.

So yeah... umm...

First rule: Do not ever give out your name.

Second rule: Do not ever give out your age or the exact date you attended CALO.

Third rule: Always ask yourself if the information you are about the post can be tracked back to you.

Fourth Rule: Send me 10 dollars for such awesome advice.

Fifth rule: Ignore the fourth rule, spend that 10 bucks on yourself.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2011, 12:55:10 AM »
i was pulled from this program a while ago and this was the most disturbing place i have ever been. to put it bluntly, i was completely brainwashed, as most kids are there, that what they did was normal and okay. i am tired of living in silence on what calo did to my self esteem, and emotional state. i am not condeming places that help kids, but this is beyond sick. i told a close friend my experience there, and he was horrified. no contact with the outside world, humiliating group sessions where we called people out on personal hygiene or attitude adjustments. no normal human being would be able to withstand the feedback i would read "anonymously" from fellow peers who were crazy, (legit crazy), and staff members who were in love with the female students. there's nothing i can do, but to imagine that there are kids there suffering drives me insane. i don't wanna hear from any students who deffend it. im glad u got ur lil diploma and u feel that it gives u some authority over my opinion, but i dont care to hear from you. i didn't need a diploma to know that i was not crazy. not a bad horrible kid. conflict arose from my parents, but thats it. i never did drugs. drank, stole or anything. i am depressed, and unhappy with some of the conflicts i went through with staff, both physical and mental. i am lost right now.
Did you know Tom Riley?
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2011, 11:12:13 AM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Did you know Tom Riley?

i knew of him, yes.