Author Topic: HR 911, uggh, again....  (Read 11512 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
HR 911, uggh, again....
« on: September 29, 2011, 08:49:47 AM »
That's right folks, the Polish Army (aka Federal Gubbermint) is gonna be charging the Cherman tanks on their horses sabers a swinging. With the coming of the HR 911 we should all brace ourselves for a massive orgy of forum masturbation regarding the merits of this heaping pile of shit legislation that fails to pick up on the complete obvious.

1) Abuse happens in licensed programs... It's happening right now..
2) The Feds aren't gonna be fucking bothering with this shit. They'll farm it out to the states like they do everything else that has to do with a local business.

I mean really, is anyone here daft enough to believe the Federal government is going send out the FBI in some massive wave of LEO destruction?

I suspect they'll pick off a few of the more odious and go right back to ignoring it. I have the historical perspective on my side in support of this. Anyone remember the SEED? That fucker was started by the Federal government and took forever to get rid of it. Once they did get rid of it.. it ushered in something I tend to believe is worst, Straight.

3) The entire fucking bill is some hot bag of wind that from my point of view has so much weasel room I'm betting Tranquility Bay could open up in Spanky Miller's office and there wouldn't be shit he could do about it.

4) I want to make a betting pool on two items:

A) Who can name the first program who will get zapped by this Spanky McFucknut Miller's websites for programs and go change their name to avoid having a Feddie gov website saying they suck shit?

B) Who wants names the first program to put a notice on their website that says Spanky McFucknut Miller endorses their shit due to his Short Bus License?

I'm a skeptical bastard. I saw how it played out for the civil right movement in Chicago. Yeah the same place that still has a huge fucking ghetto that traps thousands of Black African Americans in a vicious cycle of poverty.

Yep that Chicago.

It's one thing to pass laws, it is entirely another thing to enforce them. What I want to know is just how Spanky McFucknuts Miller's bill is going to actually do and how it is actually some incremental step in the right direction.

I keep hearing about this incremental improvement. But I've yet to hear exactly how it is going to be an incremental improvement.

Personally I'd rather see a license program set up for program staff that has a certain amount of state provided training and regulation built into it than HR 911 in its current version.  A license program for staff that is a federal database, but then I believe the same database should be set up for doctors, nurses, and just about anyone else remotely involved with healthcare.

Though truthfully this is me, I'd rather see a B-52 lining up on the nearest Aspen program for an Arc Light Strike, but I'll settle for what I can get.

Lose your ticket in one state to practice, that shit should follow you.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

dragonfly

Re: HR 911, uggh, again....
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2011, 12:35:41 PM »

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »
You know what really scares me about HR911? Is the idea that this further legitimizes programs. You see Goonster... I'm torn about this. I could well voice my opinion about the federalizing of a database for staff member licenses... or shut up and hope to hell and back they all grow balls and work on abolition.

This sort of reminds me of the old Dredd Vs. Scott decision of separate but equal. Our own SCOTUS legitimizing racism and our own government institutionalizing it. At heart I'm an abolitionist. I do not want to see programs given overt legitimacy under HR 911.

What also scares me are the statements being made by CAFETY. Now before any of you cappity lovers get your nut hairs in a knot I'm not bashing them... well yet. Give me a bit, you know how I get worked up. But what really scares me about the CAFETY statements are the claims that they want programs being seen as Title IX organizations. I'm not sure of the entire quote, I'd have to get on facebook to get it all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Title_IX

So what they are aiming for is these places to be seen as providers of educational services? That's all I'm getting out of it. How in the hell does this help abolish programs?

Goonster, I'm not opposed to calling up Spanky McFucknut Miller's office. I just want to know how this is going to help before I call. I want to know how this is going to drive programs out of business. Because as far as I can tell there are child abuse laws in each and every state of the land. There are laws against murder as well in each and every state. Almost every single state has a child abuse hotline and requires programs to allow access to them.

So just how is HR 911 going to help?

Does it bring something new to the table in the form of youth rights? Maybe a little nugget in the form of due process?

MAYBE a little towards abolishing stage systems and requiring actual treatment programs being the basis for treatment?

So I'll call.. if I can get a voip card for my cellphone coz I live abroad and I feel that all of this HR 911 bollocks is going to be a driving force for the abolition of programs.

Because really, I'm not fucking content with 40 acres and a mule.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
Agreed, HR 911 Doesn't go far enough,or have any real teeth.Not like we would want. But I know this is too little,too late.But it's a start.Better it passes than to leave things as they have been. Another chance for someone,somewhere to blow a whistle. It at least draws attention to the problem.
?©?€~¥@

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2011, 05:18:09 PM »
?©?€~¥@

dragonfly

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2011, 05:19:58 PM »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2011, 05:26:35 PM »
You want brainwashing to be illegal? As of now,it's not even legaly recognized to exist.I know,real change never comes fast enough.
I love the leader
I love the leader
I love the leader
OOHHMMM...............
?©?€~¥@

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »
http://http://newsok.com/dhs-commissioners-ignored-suit-audit-calling-for-reform/article/3603165#ixzz1XhSF6Fe2

I sure do hope this HR911 business doesn't perpetuate something like this on a larger scale. This is the State DHS of Oklahoma more or less saying, "LOL, wut?" to the entire Federal government over kids dying in Oklahoma's foster care system.

Again, I see what you said there none-ya, it's too little too late. How is HR 911 going to even be a little help towards abolishing programs?

Abolitionist, my ideological point of view here, I'm not going to sit up on the facebook group listening to the echo chamber bouncing around repeated calls for supporting this shitpile no matter what. I tend to believe we don't need this bill if it is the best we can do. As Mark Levine said, "It's a good bill!"

No it isn't.

I'll tell you what I really want. Is people to start critically looking this thing over and demanding answers. The best I've gotten is vague responses and cliches from the usual pundits. I've posted my comments on what I'd like to see, didn't even get into the part where I all I really want is a B-52 strike and some flaming torches on program owner's homes, it was practically reasonable for the likes of me.

Sad part is.. all of these changes to HR 911 are ones Spanky Mcfucknut Miller has heard before. We did this once before, people emailing, calling, and so forth. Didn't do fuck all much good back in 2008 now did it? So why the hell do people think Spanky is going to give a rat's behind this time?

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2011, 05:48:59 PM »
Che wrote;
"all I really want is a B-52 strike and some flaming torches on program owner's homes"

Good luck with that.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2011, 06:10:29 PM »
What I want and what I can realistically expect to get are two entirely different things.

Can you educate me on how HR 911 will help even a little bit? What specifically will it do to help kids in programs or help to abolish programs over the long run?

And there is always tping program owner's houses if I can't get the air force on them.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2011, 06:25:55 PM »
I believe this is the whole bill. I'm gonna' read it. we all should. Then we can trash it or praise it. Only with more fact than emotion.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111h ... 911rfs.pdf
?©?€~¥@

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2011, 06:30:05 PM »
I've read it twice and I'm still confused. Like I said, overall it seems as if it is a push in the wrong direction towards entrenching programs into a bureaucratic niche. Compounding this with massively acute wishful thinking that the Federal government is going to directly intervene.

It's a recipe for disaster in my opinion.

The feds don't work that way, they just require compliance at the state level and bitch at the state governments about it.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2011, 06:34:47 PM »
It should be up to the state  to report, and the feds to enforce. There is a use for guantanamo (spell?).
?©?€~¥@

Offline heretik

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2011, 06:35:12 PM »
Your right Che, the Bill doesn't have any balls. Most steers don't have balls either when they are slaughtered but they still provide substance. This bill will provide a platform to build on with amendments. If it is passed and enacted then that action alone lends credibility maybe a little but everything has to begin some where.
Before we paste this bill as a "has been" lets see it get passed first, then lets decide if it can generate momentum.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2011, 06:40:19 PM »
It's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.
?©?€~¥@