Author Topic: Please Help With Teenager!!  (Read 2182 times)

Offline burrsgirl

• View Profile
Please Help With Teenager!!
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:24:32 AM »
we were looking at the Teen Challenge program for granddaughter 16......however, we arew in S.C. and this is in Georgia???  Can anyone please direct us to a residential Christian organization that is really helpful....we are desparte?????????
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
Re: Please Help With Teenager!!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 09:50:46 AM »
Quote from: "burrsgirl"
we were looking at the Teen Challenge program for granddaughter 16......however, we arew in S.C. and this is in Georgia???  Can anyone please direct us to a residential Christian organization that is really helpful....we are desparte?????????

I hear that the KLU KLUX KLAN is recruting in your area. They claim to be a christian order.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 10:19:06 AM »
Quote from: "none-ya"

I hear that the KLU KLUX KLAN is recruting in your area. They claim to be a christian order.

:roflmao:  :notworthy:  :rofl:  :feedtrolls:

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 10:33:10 AM »
South Carolina is a problem right now when you try to find caring organizations. Let us take them from the top:

South Carolina Academy is closed and it doesn't matter because testimonies from the former students state that it didn't do them any good. Try to read some of testimonies on the Tales from the black school blog

A counselor at John de la Howe School cared too much about the students so the police charged the individual due to the relationship

Lakeview Christian School is only a dayschool but their discipline are tough. They use corporal punishment and the police got involved when they tried it out on a 4 year old child.

New Hope Carolinas treatment center did loose a student in 2010. He died. Police reports speak of a lot of activities concerning students who run away.

New Bethany Home is closed and it is properly good because two staff members ended up in prison convicted of False Imprisonment, which was in fact a plea deal saving them from a lot more.

We are not able to recommend any treatment options in South Carolina right now but if you find another you want us to investigate, please feel free to add the name to this thread. Your child's safety is our concern.

Offline DD Form 214

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2011, 02:46:44 PM »
:rocker:
« Last Edit: September 07, 2011, 05:34:08 AM by DD Form 214 »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2011, 04:34:00 PM »
Send her to my house, I'll take good care of her.

Or you can send her to a "Christian" camp and watch her end up on this list.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline jurazika

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2011, 10:00:49 PM »

I got two schools for Georgia and here they are:

1. Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School - Rabun Gap-Nacooche School is a college preparatory boarding school in Georgia after the Presbyterian tradition. The school aims to instill faith and courage to students, inviting them to "Come move mountains". Since 1903, Rabun Gap-Nacooche has been providing boarding and day students with high quality education at an affordable price.
2. Tallulah Falls School - Tallulah Falls is an independent, coeducational college preparatory boarding school in Georgia for students grades 6 to 12. The primary mission of the school is to provide an excellent academic program for students and to help them achieve academic success through working closely with a dedicated and highly qualified faculty, outstanding facilities, and small class sizes. Teachers do their best to motivate students and inspire them to become more involved in their learning process.

I just copied the schools description from my source. They are christian boarding schools in Georgia. Hope this will help. Good luck.

Offline none-ya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2011, 10:12:48 PM »
That's right send your offspring away to be beaten by sadistic,unatractive nuns. I would recomend a Jesuit order for the quickest results.
?©?€~¥@

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Owen Baisden & Turning Winds: spam, spam, spammin' away
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2011, 11:07:33 PM »
Quote from: "jurazika"
I got two schools for Georgia and here they are:

1. Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School - Rabun Gap-Nacooche School is a college preparatory boarding school in Georgia after the Presbyterian tradition. The school aims to instill faith and courage to students, inviting them to "Come move mountains". Since 1903, Rabun Gap-Nacooche has been providing boarding and day students with high quality education at an affordable price.
2. Tallulah Falls School - Tallulah Falls is an independent, coeducational college preparatory boarding school in Georgia for students grades 6 to 12. The primary mission of the school is to provide an excellent academic program for students and to help them achieve academic success through working closely with a dedicated and highly qualified faculty, outstanding facilities, and small class sizes. Teachers do their best to motivate students and inspire them to become more involved in their learning process.

I just copied the schools description from my source. They are christian boarding schools in Georgia. Hope this will help. Good luck.
I am curious, jurazika, why your "source" appears to be sponsored by Turning Winds Academic Institute (judging by the ads), like all too many such sources turn out to be.

In fact, the domain name teen-boarding-school.com, aka your "source," is owned by none other than Owen Baisden, presumably of the Baisden family associated with Turning Winds Institute, previously known as Turning Winds Academy. From networksolutions.com:

Domain name:
teen-boarding-school.com

Administrative Contact:
      Owen Baisden (
[email protected])
+1.2087555687
Fax:
PO Box 1920
Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
US[/list]
Registrant Contact:
    Owen Baisden ()
    Fax:
    PO Box 1920
    Bonners Ferry, ID 83805
    US

Name Servers:
    dns01.gpn.register.com
    dns02.gpn.register.com
    dns03.gpn.register.com
    dns04.gpn.register.com
    dns05.gpn.register.com
Creation date: 10 Oct 2002 12:55:34
Expiration date: 10 Oct 2012 16:55:00[/list][/size][/list]
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2011, 12:05:10 AM »
And for more information about Turning Winds, consult this thread.

Notice the vast discrepancy between the shills and the people who actually went to that shithole.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2011, 03:26:53 AM »
I have looked into Tallulah Falls School. They seem to be a normal boarding school. Not very Christian but a little strict. The students have to wear uniforms but only when the school is on. They can wear modest clothes after school. They have to participate in various cleaning tasks and other community service projects on campus. There are a lot of activities for the alumnis, which is a good sign because who want to go back to their behavior modification facility once they are adult? They have 5 day boarders where the students go home in the weekend. It would be ideal to keep the granddaughter out of trouble if they can make a deal where the granddaughter can get her freedom once the high school diploma is in the box.

I did a search on it, but didn't find anything to put my hat on. However, the website could use better links for student handbooks.

I will check the others

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2011, 03:45:24 AM »
One of the other volunteers checked Rabun Gap-Nacoochee School. The students can leave for the weekends and they also only have to wear uniforms in school hours and there are guidelines for the clothes they can wear in their free time.

It is not a behavior modification facility despite the fact that they have inhouse detention where the student is confined to the room where he or she sleeps. It is strict and their student handbook speak of various displine methods. BTW the German Wheel they use seems like torture but for odd reason it is considered a reward to use it.