Author Topic: Willpower (all my own)  (Read 1208 times)

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Willpower (all my own)
« on: December 04, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: kaydeejaded on 2004-03-03 08:43 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Willpower (all my own)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2003, 09:59:00 PM »
Damn, that's great....it's my turn after the holidays.  Can't go through dealing with the family without 'em though.  

for it is a truth, which the experience of all ages has attested, that the people are commonly most in danger when the means of insuring their rights are in the possession of those of whom they entertain the least suspicion.    
--Alexander Hamilton

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Willpower (all my own)
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2003, 12:09:00 PM »
I quit once for almost five years then started up again when my dad got seriously ill and I had to deal with family. Dumbest thing I ever did. I should have just gotten very, very drunk instead.

What a distressing contrast there is between the radiant intelligence of the child and the feeble mentality of the average adult.
-- Sigmund Freud

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
Willpower (all my own)
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2003, 01:58:00 PM »
It is rough, totally shitty. but my son who is now 5 did not know I smoked and I pride myself on being totally honest with him and the fact that I lied to him about that... meant I was not.

I was a hypocrite.

It was getting to the point where if he would have caught me I would have been so discredited. If anyone would have seen me and told him, holy shit all credibilty would have been gone.

How do you get that back. As one who has trusted and had trust broken I never have trusted again.

Why I began this horrible little turned huge lie I thought I would quit, and he imitated everything I did. I did not want him to smoke, excuses, bullshit.
Welp no more for that. Cold turkey 3 days of hell, 3 weeks of being a bitch but thankfully due to my regular personality most people did not notice :wink:

Now at least I have a clear conscience.

For some reason if he was to ask me at 14 mommy did you smoke or do you smoke weed I would have no problem being honest about that but cigs. no I don't know why.

Yeah I wish you'd gotten drunk too it's cheaper!!! and it is really something you cannot do everyday unless you are a certain type of person. Hardcore! lol :lol:  

...and in all indictments for libels the jury shall have the right to determine the law and the facts, under the direction of the court, as in other cases.

(Jury nullification. It's not just a good idea, it's the law!)
http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/VC/visitor_info/creating/constitution.htm' target='_new'>Declaration of Rights, PA Constitution

or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Willpower (all my own)
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »
On 2003-12-05 10:58:00, kaydeejaded wrote:

Yeah I wish you'd gotten drunk too it's cheaper!!! and it is really something you cannot do everyday unless you are a certain type of person. Hardcore! lol :lol:  

Well yes, but the stressful episode I'm talking about was 8 years ago. I might have had the mother of all hangovers compounded by the humiliation of hearing about it from strangers to me who knew my dad. But I wouldn't be hitting it 20 - 30 times a day all these years later like I do the tobacco.

Definitely one of the stronger addictions. Glad you could beat it, hope I will too one day.

Our country right or wrong. When right, to be kept right; when wrong, to be put right.
--Carl Schurz, German-born U.S. general and U.S. senator

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes