Author Topic: DERAILED THREAD  (Read 5266 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
DERAILED THREAD
« on: June 05, 2011, 11:13:20 PM »
?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 06:19:06 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Anne Edens
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 11:18:27 PM »
Jeeezzzz... I sure hope she's okay! (Even though I can't imagine the kind of rationalizations one must feed oneself in order to continue working at a place like Ridge Creek.)

· · ·

On a completely different note, here is Edens' website: http://anneedens.wordpress.com/
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: ANOTHER STAFF BEATEN?
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 11:33:58 PM »
?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:38:07 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 08:08:35 AM »
?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:39:37 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2011, 12:53:14 PM »
Quote from: "Wh??ter"
Another "unpublished", unverifiable "report".  You gotta love Fornits!  Even if this were true, which is open to question, it would only prove that this kid needs to be there and places like RCS are in fact necessary to help these trouble teens.
Yes, there needs to be places that can help kids like this. It's just that Ridge Creek School is apparently not one of them.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: ANOTHER STAFF BEATEN? NOTE: WHOOTER MAY NOT POST
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2011, 04:23:48 PM »
?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 05:41:55 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline DEE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2011, 04:41:42 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Another "unpublished", unverifiable "report".  You gotta love Fornits!  Even if this were true, which is open to question, it would only prove that this kid needs to be there and places like RCS are in fact necessary to help these trouble teens.
Yes, there needs to be places that can help kids like this. It's just that Ridge Creek School is apparently not one of them.

Present studies show that 80% of the kids who enter a Therapeutic Boarding School do well and are successful after graduating from the school.  Ridge Creek School has shown that their staff has enjoyed a great track record in turning around At-risk youths in as little as 6 months.

You're a real card, Phooter. You chide people for posting what you call non-verifiable statements, and then you make up your own. I have to say that yours are much more dramatic, and much more ridiculous, than anything I've seen posted here since... well, since some of your previous posts. Show me, please, where you get the "facts" in the above quoted post.

BTW, Phooter, whatever happened to Edward Kahn?

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 10:12:59 AM »
This was a study conducted surveying 1,000 parents and graduates of a few programs.  The study was overseen by WIRB (The Western Institutional Review Board) and they also approved the study.  The results were presented at the Annual meeting of the APA American Psychological Association.

Link

I'm not acquainted with Edward Kahn, DEE.

And guess who provided funding for the study: Aspen Education Group.

Whooter - back up YOUR claim: Ridge Creek School has shown that their staff has enjoyed a great track record in turning around At-risk youths in as little as 6 months.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 11:58:32 AM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
This was a study conducted surveying 1,000 parents and graduates of a few programs.  The study was overseen by WIRB (The Western Institutional Review Board) and they also approved the study.  The results were presented at the Annual meeting of the APA American Psychological Association.

Link

And guess who provided funding for the study: Aspen Education Group.

Whooter - back up YOUR claim: Ridge Creek School has shown that their staff has enjoyed a great track record in turning around At-risk youths in as little as 6 months.

No need to get so angry, Guest3.

My biggest surprise was that I really began to like it here. I feel a part of something that is really good for me. I learn every day. I discover new things about myself everyday. It's weird, but great. Also, I discovered that the staff really cares. This isn't just a job for them. They like helping kids learn and grow. Finally, and this is probably the biggest surprise, you can change. You can learn from mistakes and let go of the past and change.

Link

We can all agree that the staff at RCS has had great success with turning around these trouble teens.  It is well documented.

Not angry at all, Whooter. I'd like to say that I'm surprised that you aren't able to back up your false claims, but yet again your only "proof" is twisting words. You continue to have the same MO - it's actually getting boring and tiresome. Oh, and again, posting a link to RCS's web site is not proof of great success in turning kids' lives around.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 12:20:11 PM »
So you measure success by one student's supposed testimonial? And how about the fact that RCS is still using testimonials from when it was HLA on their parent testimonials link? Talk about grasping at straws! They're still use the testimonial from Patrick Kennedy's mom - and how is Patrick? He committed suicide soon after leaving HLA. Ya, Whooter. Great success there.

http://www.ridgecreekschool.com/testimonials.htm
Kris K, TX

“There are no words to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all that you have done for my son. To say that the school's efforts on his behalf have been extraordinary is some what of an understatement. The opportunities that he has been given has helped develop in ways that I could not have imagined. All of the counselors and all the staff have helped to give my son and me a remarkable foundation on which we will continue to grow.

This has been a journey not just for my son, but for me as well. I looked forward to the parent workshops and I always found the staff support and activites we participated in to be very beneficial. I will miss going down to the lake in the morning before workshops to pray and meditate. It always made me feel so peaceful and comforted to be there.
Thank you for all that you have done.”[attachment=0:o4pp4rtq]Parent Testimonials - Teen Success - Ridge Creek School.pdf[/attachment:o4pp4rtq]

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 12:36:38 PM »
Quote from: "Guest3"
So you measure success by one student's supposed testimonial? And how about the fact that RCS is still using testimonials from when it was HLA on their parent testimonials link? Talk about grasping at straws! They're still use the testimonial from Patrick Kennedy's mom - and how is Patrick? He committed suicide soon after leaving HLA. Ya, Whooter. Great success there.

http://www.ridgecreekschool.com/testimonials.htm
Kris K, TX

“There are no words to express my heartfelt thanks and appreciation for all that you have done for my son. To say that the school's efforts on his behalf have been extraordinary is some what of an understatement. The opportunities that he has been given has helped develop in ways that I could not have imagined. All of the counselors and all the staff have helped to give my son and me a remarkable foundation on which we will continue to grow.

This has been a journey not just for my son, but for me as well. I looked forward to the parent workshops and I always found the staff support and activites we participated in to be very beneficial. I will miss going down to the lake in the morning before workshops to pray and meditate. It always made me feel so peaceful and comforted to be there.
Thank you for all that you have done.”[attachment=0:py8tp3fs]Parent Testimonials - Teen Success - Ridge Creek School.pdf[/attachment:py8tp3fs]
Wow. What a testimonial!

A parent is happy, but... their kid ends up dead. Kinda reminds me of John Reuben's situation vis a vis his son Micheal. See also:

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 01:59:35 PM »
Ursus, where do you get the information that the kid died?  From Guest3? lol  The person's name is "Kris K" and her son did well at HLA and was put back on track.  I didn't see anywhere that she said he died.  Some people will say anything!

I don't see what this has to do with John Reuben either.  He is the favorite boogeyman of Fornits.  His son completed his program and was very successful in business.  His death had nothing to do with his program.  It was an accident.

Whooter: Do you forget your old posts? You're making yourself look foolish.

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... 9&p=224220

Attached is a copy of Patrick's obituary.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 03:10:09 PM »
Sorry, Guest3, but nobody has shown that "Kris K" is Patrick Kennedy's mother.  It says "K" not "Kennedy" right?  And even if it was her, which I highly doubt, she thinks HLA did a great job with her son.  It's not HLA's fault that her kid (if that really is the case) died some years later.  We have to go with the facts we can verify and we cannot verify Kris K is this guy's mom nor can we conclude HLA had anything to do with his death.  So basically you got nothing except your own agenda to discredit the school because you pulled your kid out and she didn't do well after.

Wrong again Whooter:
KENNEDY, PATRICK WAYNE Passed away peacefully at his home on October 16, 2006. Patrick was born July 8, 1987 in Tulsa, Oklahoma and brought much joy and happiness to all who were blessed to know him. He is survived by his parents Michael and Kristi Kennedy and sisters Alex and Erin all of Dallas, Texas. Maternal grandparents are Bob and Marg McElroy of Comanche, Texas. He is also survived by his aunt, Mitzi Patin, precious cousins Jake and Luke, his nanny of 19 years Ester Rich, all of Dallas, Texas, and many other aunts, uncles and cousins from Dublin, Texas. He was predeceased by his paternal grandparents, Joe and Pat Kennedy of Dublin, Texas. Patrick loved life and always had a huge smile for those around him. He truly loved his family and friends to the fullest and was loved by the many people he touched in return. He was so kind to all and his compassion for those he met each day was unsurpassed. Patrick had a zest for life and a passion for music. When he sang, his voice produced such a celebration of life and today we rejoice that he is singing with the angels at the throne of God. Patrick was active in the Boy Scouts and a member of the Order of the Arrow. He was involved in choir and received several awards during high school. Patrick graduated from Hidden Lake Academy in Georgia and was attending Collin County Community College. He was a member of The Heights Baptist Church. Services will be held Thursday, October 19, 2006 at 1:00 pm at The Heights Baptist Church, Richardson, Texas. Graveside services and burial will be at the Gardens of Memories in Comanche, Texas at 1:00 pm on Friday, October 20, 2006. Donations may be made to Chapel Fund - Patrick Kennedy, Hidden Lake Academy, 830 Hidden Lake Road, Dahlonega, Georgia 30533. Dignity Memorial Sparkman Hillcrest 7405 W. Northwest Hwy. Dallas (214) 363-5401

Also, you're supposed testimonials from how well kids from RCS are doing is complete BS. Those are the SAME testimonials that were on HLA's web page. I guess this type of recycling is their idea of going green?  (But again, you know this because you posted years ago on this very same topic.)

Offline quanat

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 04:04:09 PM »

Link

This is derailing. it makes the subject of the thread a debunked, unpublished survey. that's against the rules

so...rule enforcement?  can someone P.M. me with what's going on-- if rules just are not enforced, please tell me so I wont p.m. the mods or pester anymore of these whiney sounding "rule" posts.

the derailing makes it difficult to read this forum, follow, and make sense of the info provided.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 05:11:40 PM »
QUANAT,
I have repeatedly asked for help to remedy this situation to no avail.  Derailing of threads is apparently allowed, along with slander, accusing people of forgery, personal attacks, defamation, and the list goes on.

GATEKEEPER,
THE SUBJECT IS "ANOTHER STAFF BEATEN"