Author Topic: PV Banner Drop..  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
PV Banner Drop..
« on: May 23, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=smcwYYF21nc&feature=related

I seem to remember this young chap named Actda. He came into all this quietly and left even quieter. Nice kid though, and I somehow stumbled across one of his videos today on youtube whilst searching for something entirely different.

Dunno where you are and what you are doing these days Actda, but take care of yourself, I hope everything is well in your world.

Whooter is not allowed to post in this thread...
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 11:51:23 PM by Che Gookin »

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: PV Banner Drop..
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2011, 03:11:10 PM »
I remember Actda!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2011, 09:04:08 PM »
Brave kid also... You can see for yourself with his confrontation of the white devil Pegler himself at one of the parent meetings. I'm glad I gave him my camera for him to use at his protests. He used it well, hopefully he's found other uses for it like taking naughty pictures of his hot girlfriend or some such thing.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2011, 11:18:37 AM »
And I remember the situation re. the camera as well! :D  I just didn't remember how it all turned out...
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline ZenAgent

• View Profile
    • http://www.freepowerboards.com/strugglingppl/index.php
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2011, 01:15:41 PM »
That was a glorious sight...my wife and I met up with actda that day and took a trip out to PV for hijinks.  We followed the PV van to an AA meeting and Actda wired me for sound and I sat there amongst counselors and kids in that cult session.  Few PV kids spoke up, the ones who did seemed miserable, of course.

PV alumni colluded with PV staff to "take care of" Actda, and they did a really horrible thing to him, which we won't get into.  They did shut him down, though.  I still hate the bastards for it, and that includes the two alumni who did it.
\"Allah does not love the public utterance of hurtful speech, unless it be by one to whom injustice has been done; and Allah is Hearing, Knowing\" - The Qur\'an

\"I\'m there to handle kids that are psychotic, suicidal, homicidal, or have commited felonies. Oh yeah, I am also there to take them down when they are rowdy so the nurse can give them the booty juice.\"

Offline Che Gookin

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2011, 07:31:23 AM »
Zen, check your Private Messages, Important message for you.

Offline SettleForNothingLess

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 01:41:31 AM »
an example of the brainwashed still to this day...

Alyson Stegin I just cannot get over the fact that the village has gone soft... someone needs to show the new administration how it should be done... what was done back from 86 till 06 worked... this new soft crap wont work...it certainly wouldnt of worked on me. 3-6 month stays? that should be the stay on STU before you go to the cabins. Wow. my stay was short and I was there for 17 months.
26 March at 14:04 · Like ·
Rachel Leigh likes this.

Rachel Leigh I was there while they were making the change, to tell you the truth I knew that compared to past alumni I was getting an easier amount of treatment, but when i first started there, things were still pretty difficult, the rules were strict, the unit was not a fun place to be, and people were respectful and for the most part undercontrol. I was close to the end of my treatment (Thank God!) when they implimented the new program...I told them from the start that I straight foward didn't agree with it. Everyone was breaking all the rules and none of the staff were correcting them, their were pre-mice wearing jewelry, and being down rite disrepectful. Before I left they started bringing in hardcore gang kids, that led to mass chaos and the cops being called all the time. After I left though they started cleaning up some of the mess (and employment) created by this new program. Last I heard things are still pretty lose and rules are definenly bent and broken. It makes me angry, I worked sooooooo hard to get just my bear and then my eaglle goals! Now they're are people getting there bear after 3 months. To be honest, i was only there for 9 months, but if i wasn't ready to be a bear or mouse warrier, I would have rather them to told me to keep working on it and discharge me, than give me a level I didn't desereve. 9 months is short, but for me it was enought, i'm one the rite track now.
07 April at 06:27 · Like

Alyson Stegin thats really god that youre on the right track now. that makes me so sad that people are so crazy there now. i left as a mouse and was there for a year and a half. they wouldnt give me my bear goals and was on shutdown for some tn=ime. pre mice and jewlery>???? wtf? thats so upsetting. i love pv for how it saved my life but i wish it wouldnt have changed. cops were never there when i was there. the staff could handle us because we knew to have a certain level of respect even though we still acted out some but not that bad...thas crazy i cant get over that. im anxious for the alumni retreat this year i want to see the place that changed my life so bad/... the c=scenery is amazing and i miss my cabin. i just wish my staff were still there. they were the best!
07 April at 18:42 · Like

Alyson Stegin i mean i left succesfull and when i was there one would have to really work hard for a level. but hey i still have great respect for PV no matter what goes on now. its still my home and i still would feel the safest ill ever feel on that campus. oh well. times change. i just hope peoples lives are still being changed there. it also sucks having shorter stays because you dont get as close with your cabin mates where as the girls i was there with we all a=still talk and im really close with quite a few. 6 years later.
07 April at 18:50 · Like

Nikki Greer Im glad the "the village" has lightened up it really needed too i was more messed up when i left then before i went.
27 April at 20:13 · Unlike ·  1 person
Kristin Elizabeth Stattel Same here Nikki
2 minutes ago · Like
Yours Truly,
Ms. Vigilante
Im standing on the frontline, there waiting for you PV bitches. Lets rock n roll.

Offline theorising

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2011, 05:05:49 AM »
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but all of the other threads seem dead.

I was a resident of PV in 1997, when I was 13. I posted a brief account of my experiences, as it related to school anyway, on another website, that was apparently linked to here. I was also mentioned in a couple of posts by the stillnotfree person several years back, apparently, although I wouldn't say that my situation was described very accurately.

I am writing a memoir of my experiences. In so doing I am sifting through many old thoughts and feelings about PV, and my time there. I would really like to connect with people who were there when I was there, as well as with any other survivors who aren't fiercely advocating PV as a program that yields lifesaving results.

I can say that PV saved my life, but so would cutting off both my arms and a leg if I had a gangrenous toe. That it saved my life does not mean that it was the only way to save my life, or the best way to save my life, nor does it exclude that perhaps in the act of saving my life, it pretty well roundly fucked it up, too.

I would like to talk with people who can discuss the good and the bad, the full complexity of a unique and profoundly fucked up experience.  If anyone is up for that, please talk to me here or PM me.

If the stillnotfree person is still around and reading this, I hope you are more centered now. I was very very sad to read your posts, especially if you are who I think you are. I think many of us came out worse than we went in, apparently even years later. I hope that in the time that has passed between when you made your posts and now that you have centered and healed somewhat. Believe me, I know that shit is hard.

Offline Wh??ter

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2011, 09:30:23 AM »
Quote from: "theorising"
I'm not sure if this is the correct place to put this, but all of the other threads seem dead.

Welcome, theorising.  A lot of threads have been dead because I haven't been here to spark the discussion.  Fornits is very one-sided so there isn't much dialog.  It should be picking up now.