Author Topic: -name edited out-  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« on: November 26, 2003, 02:04:00 PM »
From another thread on the Teen Help Industry Forum:

4. Passive resistance. Another way to make them think you are psycho and let you out. Simply shut down. Refuse to speak, refuse to listen, refuse everything. Passive resistance (for a good example read "Bartleby") is probably the most frusrating thing in the world for a person to deal with. If you really want to scare them, refuse to eat.

When I was in straight there was a guy who went this route, and then some. He had pale blue eyes and looked kind of like a goat (I don't mean this depreciatingly..you know how people sometimes remind you of animals) or maybe a little like Zachary Taylor (played Dr. Smith on "Lost In Space.") Anyway, right from the start, he refused to walk. In was a major hassle for anyone to take him anywhere. I can still remember him being held up by the beltloop while he sagged stubbornly in the rows of chairs. He got put into intake rooms frequently. He would start in with completely surreal monologue. Like pretending he was holding twinkies, for instance. He got called on to relate once and said, "I AM Straight Incorporated!" I nearly fukkin died laughing inside at that one. It was hilarious, especially under the circumstances. Christ, he was weird. He would stand up and start talking about something absurdly typical and then pretend that he was crying. Matt Lyle started confronting him once and he kept repeating everything he would say. He'd also do things like stay awake for days on end, making life hell for whoever was lucky enough to be his oldcomers. They needed to do shifts with him. I felt sorry for Mike Salvini when I read an obs he had written begging staff to do something about him. Todd got out in a couple weeks. It was when the lawyers were there in VA straight. (Anyone else remember this?) I even overheard them interviewing him telling them why he thought that he shouldn't be there. He sounded as normal as could be...

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-12-11 06:27 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
-name edited out-
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2003, 04:32:00 PM »
His name was actually Todd Baxley.  And I find it odd that you should mention him, as I was just thinking about him the other day.  Searching on the internet for him. I would love to talk to him again.  I was always so envious that he got out after talking to the lawyers.  He went to my school and tried to harass me, but I just laughed when he did.  I really thought it was great that he got out.  Wished I hadn't been so scared to tell the truth.
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2003, 11:30:00 PM »
Well, not so odd really - considering that I possess psychic abilities that even I am sometimes unaware of. When you say that he tried to harrass you, I take it to mean that he was toying with you knowing that you were in straight..trying to lead you into temptation of one sort or another. What sort of things did he say? And I wonder, was it that you were scared to tell the truth or did you start to believe the lies? You got to talk to the lawyers? I don't think I ever got in front of them...I don't remember for sure.

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-12-11 06:28 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2003, 02:11:00 PM »
Yah, I remember him. I AM him. No Shit ! Totally don't know what to say either right now, but have been thinking about Straight, Inc. for the last few days and reliving the horrific pain I endured there. It's Bagley, by the way. My physical body as well as my whole being has never been the same since. I am telling you I got SEVERELY BEATEN there at Straight as well as sexually abused, etc.... You name it.... Unfortunately, at the time, before being tricked into Straight, Inc. I was also right in the middle of a psychotic break. So when I was in Straight, I literally thought I was in HELL. Oh, and the crying was not fake. And I don't know what that girl is talking about that somehow I accosted or whatever she said I did. Please refresh my memory. I am not that sort of person to abuse or accost or whatever the wording is that she used.
Anyway, sorry if something did happen, but I honestly don't have a clue what you are talking about, and I never WENT to school while I was a prisoner at Straight, Inc. I am just thankful that they yanked me out of there and got help for me at an adolescent psychiatric facility. I'll write more later and really get it all off my chest about my TRULY DESPICABLE, HORRIFIC ABUSE, but for now that is all I think I can muster

Sincerely,
           Todd Bagley

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »
Good to see you here, Todd. My apologies, I really thought that it was all an act.

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-12-09 11:42 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2003, 03:49:00 PM »
Thats OK, no apologies necessary. I just about shit when I was browsing this site and saw my name on a thread. I am so thankful that someone actually remembered me and took the time to post. I have been to this website before but it gets pretty intense internally emotion-wise so the last time I was on the site was probably over a year ago or more. As I have read on this site, and agree with, the kids that were in Straight have a totally unique bond that IS very much like family. NOBODY can EVER understand what we went through at that hell-hole and I think that I am finally ready (due to the pain) to get ALOT more involved with activism and making sure that this NEVER, EVER happens again to ANY child. It just fucking AMAZES me that this happened and IS happening in the United States of America. I have blocked it out for many, many years and have finally discovered that the silence and ignoring the problem is actually killng me and has had alot more effects on my life than I had previously thought. ( You know, "Ignore it and it will go away......" syndrome..... )
     Anyway, I'm getting a little wordy here. I just want to say that it is so great to finally begin to confront this and I'll definitely be back on the site. By the way, I am doing OK in my life, no mental illness anymore, working and trying to be as good a person as I can be. If you can jog my memory as to who you are, I would love to put a face to the name. I have an excellent memory of conversations and events.

( You are so right too.......they must have fucking FLIPPED trying to figure out what to do with MY non-compliant ass.....HAH ! That part of your post gave me a good chuckle !!! ) Survival of the fittest, baby !!!! or just plain, old SURVIVAL....... ) FUCK Survival of the Fittest any damn way.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2003, 04:03:00 PM »
Mike Salvini was from my hometown and was an ass to me at Straight. I have a permanent scar (small)on my left, upper cheek due to him cutting me with a Gillette razor. I passed out from overload when the razor hit my face. I'll never forget him or the asshole who beat the living hell out of me(repeatedly) and is responsible for all of my permanent aches and pains, particularly my left shoulder area. I have never experinced so much pain in my life and probably never will. At least when a person dies its over quick, but torture is a whole 'nother ballgame. I hope the alleged class-action suit is fruitful, not for any monetary reasons, but so that the FUCKING IGNORANT, HATEFULL, CONTROLLING, FLAT-EARTH, BULLIES will finally get their names and deeds splashed ALL OVER the world headlines. And, with any luck at all, this won't have to happen again to anybody anytime in the near future.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »
Christ, and to think that I considered Salvini a friend. Todd, email me at [email protected] and I'll reply with my name, and any "memory joggers" that I can think of...

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-12-09 13:12 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »
Well, I have forgiven him and don't hold any grudges toward him. After all, he was just as much a victim as all the rest of us were..       ( Never saw him again anyway... )

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
-name edited out-
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2003, 10:38:00 PM »
Sorry Todd, I thought Froderik was talking about Todd Baxley. Who went to Robinson.  I guess you are a different Todd.  Perhaps you were there after I was already gone.  Sorry!
Kathy :???:
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2003, 01:51:00 PM »
Thats Ok. No prob. I'm just glad to be in touch with people from that same time period. My roomate ( and me too actually )could hardly believe the luck of it all ! Hope they sue the ever-living pants off of somebody......

Offline Sal2004

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2004, 08:46:00 PM »
On 2003-12-09 13:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Mike Salvini was from my hometown and was an ass to me at Straight. I have a permanent scar (small)on my left, upper cheek due to him cutting me with a Gillette razor. I passed out from overload when the razor hit my face. I'll never forget him or the asshole who beat the living hell out of me(repeatedly) and is responsible for all of my permanent aches and pains, particularly my left shoulder area. I have never experinced so much pain in my life and probably never will. At least when a person dies its over quick, but torture is a whole 'nother ballgame. I hope the alleged class-action suit is fruitful, not for any monetary reasons, but so that the FUCKING IGNORANT, HATEFULL, CONTROLLING, FLAT-EARTH, BULLIES will finally get their names and deeds splashed ALL OVER the world headlines. And, with any luck at all, this won't have to happen again to anybody anytime in the near future."

If this is really Todd you are completely full of shit.  a.) you were not from my hometown, b.) I never touched you.

It seems you still have some mental issues to deal with spreading lies like this.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2004, 12:59:00 AM »
Unless you have a brother who committed the abuse to my left eye with a Gillette razor(which left a scar by the way)then there is no denying YOU did it. Your family lived near the YMCA and Chambersburg Senior High if I recall. Be a man and own up, I don't hold any grudges toward you. You were a victim too. And if you are a different Mike Salvini from a different town then I am obviously mistaken. But if you are the Mike Salvini from Chambersburg then I'm sorry to say that YOU DID committ that act at the Marshall home when I was in Straight.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
-name edited out-
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2004, 01:11:00 AM »
So if this is the Mike Salvini from Chambersburg you either have an extremely bad memory, a.) or you are a lying sack of S__t, b.)or don't want to own up to the fact that you are an abuser, c.)

Sincerely,
          Todd