Author Topic: Any CEDU Parents, KIDS, Staff out there? Want to talk?  (Read 12252 times)

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
Any CEDU Parents, KIDS, Staff out there? Want to talk?
« on: November 21, 2003, 02:52:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Antibody? on 2004-05-12 16:50 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2003, 03:53:00 AM »
My name is Jon Pulliam and I came home from BCA in August.  I am making a website that speaks out about CEDU abuses.  Contact me and we will colaborate.  The site should be done in two or three days.

[email protected]

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2003, 01:59:00 PM »
Yaay! Let me know when you go online and I'll add a link to AnonAnon.

You know, if Mama Cass Elliot would have shared that damn sandwich
with Karen Carpenter, they would both still be alive today!!!!!!!

--chongo

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2003, 02:50:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Antibody? on 2004-05-12 16:51 ]

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2003, 06:08:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Antibody? on 2004-05-12 16:51 ]

Offline Antibody?

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2003, 03:03:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Antibody? on 2004-05-12 16:52 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2003, 05:40:00 PM »
I went to Ascent in 98 and Cedu High School from 98-99.
Please, e-mail me at [email protected]
I will tell you anything you want to know.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 03:06:00 PM »
Check out this site:

http//:www.mentalhealthdirection.com

Offline Roy

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 03:09:00 PM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »
I worked for CEDU schools in North Idaho for 5+ years through the end of the Wasserman days and the very difficult transition with the sale to the Brown Schools.

I was injured deeply by the whole experience as I suspect many other employees and students have been.  I can't speak to how the schools function at present, but I can tell you that there was a time in which the schools were not functioning, and a lot of students fell through the cracks.  I can also tell you stories about the raps and propheets that would make your stomach turn - they certainly did mine.  It has been a couple of years since I left CEDU, and I still carry some trauma from it.  

To be fair, I do know that some students get exactly what they need from the program and staff.  The testimonials that you hear are mostly true.  I also had some good experiences.  However, for everyone who was left with a bad taste in their mouth after their CEDU experience, YOU HAVE GOOD REASON!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2004, 10:52:00 AM »
Do the CEDU programs use a level system? If so,  are lower level (phase) kids required to be with a buddy at all times, including while going to the bathroom or showering?

:???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2004, 07:59:00 PM »
New students are given a big brother/sister when they arrive.  This is done for many reasons.  Mostly to be sure that a new student has someone to show them around and tell them the agreements.  (They do not typically go with them to the bathroom or shower.  I'm not saying it never happened - only that it was not procedure, and in my opinion, if it occured, a serious breach of individual freedom.)

Another reason for the big brother/sister program is to give the upper school students the opportunity to show some responsibility.  The problem is that if you happen to get an irresponsible big brother/sister, you really get cheated, and it probably will impact your success as a new student.

I can go on and on about the big brother/sister program, both good and bad; however, I would rather answer more specific question so as not to sound like a CEDU guru.  I was brainwashed with all the CEDU propoganda as the rest of the CEDU population.

My objective here is to move forward in the healing process.  I think talking about the program from my current prospective will help.  I do have some anger to work through, so at times that could come through, but I will always be honest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2004, 08:55:00 PM »
I would really like to hear more about your experience. I pretty much always viewed the staff as the enemy, so to hear that the experience was hard on you too is alittle surprising to me. I would love to hear about the Cedu experience from a staff point of view. Please send me an email if you can.
[email protected]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2004, 06:15:00 PM »
For now, I would rather discuss my experiences in a public forum.  I hope that you feel free to ask me whatever you want to know.

As for being a staff at CEDU, it is for most people I know who worked there the hardest job they ever had - and it wasn't because of the students!

I worked in North Idaho, so I can only speak to that.  There was a very unhealthy culture among the staff when I worked there.  It was the "good old boys/girls" gone bad against any staff who had an idea that the schools could be something legitimate.  This group had absolute power, and it was absolutely corrupt.  I witnessed brilliant, passionate people come to work for CEDU only to be destroyed because they posed a threat to the all mighty.  Granted, it is human nature to protect your position; however, intimidation, humiliation, and cruelty are illegal tactics to use in any employment situation. (It should be illegal to use these tactics on children as well.)

Working for CEDU nearly cost me my life.  During my time working there, I developed a life threatening illness, and I began abusing drugs and alcohol.  I was not the only staff abusing drugs and alcohol.  They only started drug testing new staff four years ago.  They should have drug tested the staff the night of the riots at Northwest Academy - WOW!  I guarantee there would be a different story.  

There is only one reason that this criminal injustice is allowed to continue - money.  As long as parents continue to send outlandish amounts of cash to CEDU, the facade will continue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »
I would like to talk to any body about Accent or NWA. Daughters boyfriend sent there to try to figure out why his parents are such loosers I guess. He is a great kid we all miss him.I dont know of anybody who does not love this kid, it is a real tragedy that he is there. I beg his mother to read these sights she doesnt, says NWA tells her dont believe the internet crap. she doesn't. (DAD had him abducted) :???:  I believe that the problems this kid had were all related to  unbelievable, divorced, disfuntional, children in the way, wealthy, alcoholics, suicide attempting, gambling, control freak parents. My daughter is miserable and wasting her Senior year waiting for some profeet to occur so she can write to him, Meanwhile this Homecomming king spends his time trying to figure out what the hell he did to deserve all this. its a Mess.