Author Topic: Law and Order Episode  (Read 1345 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Law and Order Episode
« on: November 12, 2003, 03:53:00 PM »
There was a Law and Order rerun on TNT last night that had a kid with autism who'd been abused at a BM facility and died.  The parents of the various kids were condoning the abuse because they thought it "worked."

Anybody else see it?

I thought it was pretty good.  It was very critical   of using punishment as part of a Behavioral Modification program.

I don't think it went far enough in laying out the problem, since self-harming severe autistics really are people with the kind of problem that needs institutionalization, and one of the big problems with the Teen Help industry is that most of the kids don't need residential treatment at all.

Still, for what it was, it was good.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Law and Order Episode
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 06:54:00 PM »
It takes a thousand voices. Whatever people are talking about, that's what the entertainment industry will reflect. No telling exactly how or how much this all impacts the issue, but you can rest assured that it does.

Everything that people say to you is personal. Whether it is constructive criticism or not will determine whether it cam from and asshole or not.

----Bill Warbis

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Law and Order Episode
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 08:13:00 PM »
Saw it last night right before dead zone.
I'd seen this episode a couple times before.  Something about a buzz box that is put on the head of the child to offer electric shock therapy as a means for punishment and reward.
Last night when I watched it I was wondering when will they do an episode that has to do with treatment facility murder or something.  Good episode.

Also, Vincent D'onofrio is a good akttor.  He plays on the USA channel for another version of Law and Order.  I have always liked Law and Order.  There is even an online free game demo for the Law and Order.  You can find it if you got to the Law and Order base sight.

Man, the things adults do to their chiddrenens is horrificest.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Law and Order Episode
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2003, 03:03:00 PM »
Law and Order and LaO SVU, are the closest I've come to being hooked on TV since the early days of ER.
They do have some thought provoking shows, and this one is one of them.
I wonder if there is a way to suggest a story line?
Maybe something along the lines of the kind of horror that takes place in some wilderness programs; and or the kind of thing we are all so familiar with from TB?

Might be worth looking into.

Offline FaceKhan

• View Profile
Law and Order Episode
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2003, 04:15:00 AM »
There is also a rerun episode where a sitting Judge raped his stepdaughter and got her pregnant and then had her committed to a juvenile prison to keep her from telling.
All of the darkness of the world cannot put out the light of one small candle.\"

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Law and Order Episode
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2003, 01:13:00 AM »
Damn that's harsh shit man.  FFFuKKK.

I do know that the Dead Zone writers were asking for short scripts for their series of Stephen King's book of the same name.
Anthony Michael Hall was directing it.
Perhaps someone, maybe myself, shall write to the director or writers of Law and Order to see what I can effect.