Author Topic: Pretense of piety in the wonderful USA.  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Pretense of piety in the wonderful USA.
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
Yes, this homeland security shit is getting far out of line.  I fear the security hassle at airports more than I fear terrorist.
Yesterday I went to the court house to file a guys divorce and the deputy at the entrance checkpoint was so anally absorbed and distracted with my watch and jacket that Bin Laden could have walked by him unnoticed.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ClayL

• View Profile
Pretense of piety in the wonderful USA.
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2004, 09:21:00 AM »
Thing is, MMoore tries real hard to come across as todays Everyman, but it is farther from the truth. MMoore is one of the people who travels in chartered airplanes or first class only, expects perks at the hotels he's staying and in reality has no time for the common guy. Women may be a different matter. Use your imagination.

Actually for a guy who exposes gov't waste. I can't remember his name, but he gives out the Bird Award to the biggest wasters of public funds for that year. A quick search reavealed no hits, but I did find this:

http://www.cagw.org/site/PageServer?pagename=news_Blog

As far as MMoore, his intellectual dishonesty and disingenious use of editing, staging events to suit his purpose while supposedly deilvering neutral documentations of events is as pathetic as the man himself. Either be an entertainer or a documentator, bear in mind, however, he cannot be both. There can be entertaining documentaries, but fabrication is fiction.

Yes I am tired of the Homeland BS also. I do not like ANY of the restrictions of freedom that have come with the homeland security BS. All that suff to prevent planes from being taken over is BS. Hell there's almost no way to even scramble a fighter and get in into shooting position before an airliner is over a populated area. One would have to be very unlucky to get there in time. All this loss of freedom is just that and does nothing to make me or the US more secure.

[ This Message was edited by: ClayL on 2004-01-09 06:26 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »