Author Topic: Listen Up Parents... You Reap What You Sow  (Read 1505 times)

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
Listen Up Parents... You Reap What You Sow
« on: January 19, 2011, 12:13:34 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cu9HUBs5mp0
"Cats in the Cradle" would be a nice accompaniment playing in the background.

Lot of widsom shared in this commentary.
As to his opinion that Loughner’s parents should have taken him for a psych eval… I think he needs to think more about that, because it is contradictory to his whole thesis. We shouldn't give our children and elders to strangers, and we shouldn't give our distressed family members to strangers either.

That aside and IF Psych treatment were useful, What “abusive” parents have the motivation or where-with-all to take their child for a “psych eval”? Their parents didn’t “invest” in them, how could they invest in Loughner? Where will That buck stop?

Wrong thinking isn’t cured with drugs. Only a skilled counselor might have a chance of helping someone reevaluate the misinformation they’re operating with and helping to heal the wounds of old hurts and injustice. Loughner's parents may not be in much better condition than he is.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline seamus

• View Profile
Re: Listen Up Parents... You Reap What You Sow
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 02:59:50 PM »
I agree to an extent. I do think the shooter needed some kind of intervention. I believe he was probably very intelligent, I think he probably saw thru abunch of stuff. However theres still no legitamate excuse for shootin up the joint,or the people in it. Just how the hell without getting the ass backwards legal system involved, do you get an adult to go along with it?
   Theres enough of us on this forum ,who have been thru what passes for treatment.Especially COURT MANDATED treatment. I remember getting evaluated once by a Psychiatrist,at a state run facility, that couldnt fucking speak english! Im not just talkin doc with an accent either. Thank GOD I was a juvenile. The stigma that gets attached to people is Horrific. I do think this is an example of "falling thru the cracks" ( dont ya just despise THAT cleche). Again, I know things are broken......But just how the fuck do they get fixed? Bad treatment ?  I just have no real answer to it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad