Author Topic: Remember when people would just disappear???  (Read 1457 times)

Offline shaneunc

• View Profile
Remember when people would just disappear???
« on: May 03, 2002, 03:22:00 PM »
deleted
« Last Edit: December 06, 2014, 12:42:29 PM by shaneunc »

Offline kaydeejaded

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2002, 03:57:00 PM »
God I used to feel guilty when a cop out would return and I would feel happy to see them. Being ab misbehavior for almost my entire program I bonded with a lot of guys/girls I would have never talked to if I "worked my program". I would see them be reintroduced in the back of group and be so torn between feeling bad that they were back and caught and being so glad to see their faces again. There are so many people I miss from that place. There are like no Boston people on this site, well hey Sully&Scott I didn'y mean you all did not count. Take care!
kady,Boston 89-91
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
or those who understand, no explanation is necessary; for those who don\'t, none will do

Offline ladyjerrico

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2002, 04:42:00 PM »
I remember one girl from Plymouth copped out on me twice and she always came back being reintroduced to group.
She would always come back with dark makeup on and her hair looking like Joan Jett.
She ran away so much that staff started just not really caring anymore.
The last time she copped out I was already out of Straight when they found her, the police called my house (since we were the last host home to have her and her father lived in Pennsylvania). They found her in a crack house and strung out on drugs.
I don't know what ever happened to her.. but she was very good at faking feelings and things in group.
usan Minns

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2002, 10:32:00 PM »
I remember that to if someone split as they called it (in straight St.Pete 1980)you never herd  much about it probably because the staff didn't want to lose control of the group. This could weaken staffs dominance and complete power over the kids, news like people splitting may cause others to run.Staff would say someone had split after they caught them and brought them back to the group for the humiliation of their life and what ever other tortures they had in store for them. Staff only told us someone left like whem they sent Tommy (from somewhere in Ohio)back to the mental institution after this guy did nothing but fight for three months they kept telling him he wasn't crazy and would get in his face.I had a few fights with him myself when he would suddenly lash out and start throwing punches at everyone or anything .He never really spoke just alot of gibberish never raised his hand in group but the staff just would not stop hammering the guy.He got sent to the time out room one of many days and stabbed his finger in the guy wacthing him,the guy must have smashed Tommy's face into the wall or something, because when they took them out the guy watching Tommy was holding his eye with blood starting to stream from his hand covering his wounded eye. When they took Tommy out one side of his face was smashed and all black and blue. I was so glad the staff did'nt pick me to watch him that day.The next day Mrs.Peterman told the group that we had to send Tommy back today, I said to myself you finally figured that out! A few days later when the guy who was watching Tommy(who was now wareing a patch on his eye) was relating in group the staff stood him up gave a bunch of shi# and said he was trying to get attention and that he was not hurt.That is just the sick mind bending things staff would do to people. It made we mad because first of all,  they stuck him in the time out room with Tommy and secondly, there should have been more than one guy watching him.