Author Topic: Ridge Creek "School" - Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violation  (Read 57874 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School - Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violation
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
Sorry for confusion.  Edited, see above post.

Another aside - this thread is important.  Is there any way to take your personal arguments to PM?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2010, 01:11:46 PM »
I would hope so, Jill, but we do have a determined industry troll here who has a vested interest in derailing this thread.  He has ties to HLA/RCS and will do and say anything to keep the public in the dark about these abusive, dangerous hell-holes.

If he were interested in open dialogue and against abusive programs as he "claims," he would not be derailing this thread.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2010, 01:34:53 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
I would hope so, Jill, but we do have a determined industry troll here who has a vested interest in derailing this thread.  He has ties to HLA/RCS and will do and say anything to keep the public in the dark about these abusive, dangerous hell-holes.

If he were interested in open dialogue and against abusive programs as he "claims," he would not be derailing this thread.

You started the attacks, DJ, if you want a civil discussion then dont take shots at people because of their views.  Just be honest and open and express your opinions without slamming those who disagree with you.  If you have a problem with me then take it to one of the other threads.

It would be appreciated.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »
That discussion was already moved here.

Please keep this thread on topic.  Lives are literally at stake at RCS where there have been several horrific acts of violence committed on children in its care, as documented by ORS.
The Linchpin Link

**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 01:45:26 PM »

Please keep this thread on topic.  Lives are literally at stake at RCS where there have been several horrific acts of violence committed on children in its care, as documented by ORS.

Like I said, DJ, in the future dont attack other posters who disagree with you and things like this will not happen.  Have some respect for other posters.  Your attacks wastes space and doesn't accomplish anything other than derail the topic.

The topic is :Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violations.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2010, 01:46:24 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Like I said, DJ, in the future dont attack other posters who disagree with you and things like this will not happen.  Have some respect for other posters.  Your attacks wastes space and doesn't accomplish anything other than derail the topic.

The topic is :Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violations.

Did you have a son or a daughter in an Aspen program?
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
Sorry for confusion.  Edited, see above post.

Another aside - this thread is important.  Is there any way to take your personal arguments to PM?
Repost of edited portion, given its importance:

"SORRY, AN ASIDE - FEDERAL CONTACT FOR PARENTS/CHILDREN SEEKING FEDERAL INTERVENTION AGAINST STATE AGENCIES IN GEORGIA . HOWEVER, SOME BACKGROUND -

US ATTORNEY GEORGIA SALLY QUILLIAN YATES (404) 331-4437 MS. YATES INTERNED AND WORKED FOR KING AND SPALDING DURING HER CAREER. KING AND SPALDING REPRESENTED HLA FOR A TIME, DURING THE CLASS SUIT. BUT, MS. YATES WAS NOT WORKING FOR KING AND SPALDING AT THE TIME."
    [/list]
    -------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
    « Reply #22 on: August 23, 2010, 03:20:41 PM »
    Also, families that need background info can find the class action lawsuit online, Ryan et al vs. Hidden Lake Academy, Inc. and review Congressional Record "THE MILLER BILLre: Hidden Lake Academy.

From there, read the ORS, now under DHS - Residential Child Care reports on HLA - Ridge Creek, etc.  They do not post all, but, one will get the gist of what they need.  Go to ORS GEORGIA.  If they pull them, contact me.

One can determine whether the class suit was proved to have "had no valid basis," as stated in the: "[Ridge Creek School letter to Prospective Parents, Woodbury Reports Inc.May 03, 2010]"  

Also, even though I opted out of the suit retaining my rights,(against settlement) approximately 240 families, that opted to stay in the suit, recieved nominal checks from the lawsuit. "Very few parents joined the petition" according to:  "[Ridge Creek School letter to Prospective Parents, Woodbury Reports, Inc. May 03, 2010]."

Lon Woodbury will not allow factual rebuttal on his site.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #23 on: August 23, 2010, 05:21:53 PM »
    Quote from: "scroft"
    Just for clarification sake for those of you who don't actually have the insight that I do, the majority of the students at RCS are actually NOT inner city. Another point is that my daughter attended that school and luckily we were able to get her out of there. All of this is true, as well as incident in Dec. with my daughter, where she was severely beaten, at the same time as a counselor. Gues who had to pay the medical expenses ? I did, because the privacy rights, of the other student had to be protected, as well as even though inadequate staffing allowed for this to occur, RCS did not pay.
    Two points : 1) after reading these posts I definitely am pursuing legal action. 2) This school needs to be shut down immediately.
    The kids are running that place. Nearly all the kids are having sex in the dorms, in the bathrooms at the SAC, in the bathrooms in the "school" bldg, everywhere !
    Poor education, unqualified staff, abuse and many other incidents.

Some families are selling their homes and spending life savings to send their children there. Obviously filing complaints does not work. I also have reason to believe drug trafficking as I have filed complaints on this already. Complete mismanagement of medication, unmarked bottles, little baggies of drugs and no original prescriptions to be found. I gladly will provide more information on the specifics of the numerous incidents at RCS. All the children's health and safety are in danger there. Due to confidentiality, I have no contact information for any other parents, but to hope that they google and find this site.

Nov 2009 to May 31, 2010 my daughter was at that "school". I am now paying for counseling for her to be treated for the trauma received from that school, in addition to the issues that were present prior to her attending.

Having met many of the parents, during this time, they are most definitely not inner city. It is a sad situation. I do hope that this school gets shut down as soon as possible, and hopefully can refund me some of my money to put towards continued care now. Any attorney's please feel free to send me your information. So far the two I have seen are in LA and TX. I am in Nashville, TN.

Hello, scroft.  Thank you for posting your experience at RCS.  It is indeed dangerous and violent.  Len Buccellato has run other facilites the same way - uneducated staff, phony degrees, no treatment plans, violent kids, sexual predators, etc, etc, etc.  This is no surprise to anyone here.  We've all seen it before when RCS was called "Hidden Lake Academy" and amassed over 1600 pages of ORS violations, but due to cozy relationships between "regulators" and Buccellato, HLA never faced any consequences for their mammoth violations.  It appears RCS is now getting the same free pass from ORS.

Of course, all of us who know about RCS know it is not populated with "inner city kids," but rather "upper and middle class suburban kids."  There are several "pro-program" trolls here who will do and say quite literally anything to spin abusive shitholes like RCS as "gentle" and "effective" and to paint all of you parents who were snookered and had their kids hurt, maimed, raped or killed as "disgruntled by the expense of the program."  Keep that in mind when you see posters like "DannyB II" and "Whooter" posting.

If I were you I'd call Phil Elberg immediately and get the ball rolling with an attorney who knows how these places operate and has won several big cases against programs like RCS.  He's an attorney out of NJ, which is kinda far for you, but he's by far the best.

In the meantime, please post your experiences here in detail to warn others and attract co-litigants.  People here will be happy to help with your research and uncover similar cases.

Again, thanks for posting your experience and I look forward to hearing more about it.

Well I think he would but one problem that upper middle class to higher class poster could not be more of a phony then you. Yep, just keep lying DJ, just shows how desperate you are.
    Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #24 on: August 23, 2010, 05:52:26 PM »
    Quote from: "DannyB II"

Well I think he would but one problem that upper middle class to higher class poster could not be more of a phony then you. Yep, just keep lying DJ, just shows how desperate you are.

DJ makes it up as he goes, Danny:
    Link

Walking away from the facility is NOT considered "running away" (unless kid is court ordered, which many HLA kids are).

Court ordered kids are not typically upper or upper middle class.  We have shown that DJ fabricated his education to try to get people to respect him here and now he is lying to new people who come here for honest information.  Not sure why he does this.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #25 on: August 23, 2010, 06:01:56 PM »
    Court ordered kids are not typically upper or upper middle class.  We have shown that DJ fabricated his education to try to get people to respect him here and now he is lying to new people who come here for honest information.  Not sure why he does this.

Did you fabricate the story about your son or the one about a daughter?  Or did you do the unthinkable and send TWO kids off to re-education?  And, while we're into truths here, have you ever posted under the name Nigel here?

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #26 on: August 23, 2010, 06:05:59 PM »

DJ makes it up as he goes, Danny:
    Link

Walking away from the facility is NOT considered "running away" (unless kid is court ordered, which many HLA kids are).

Thank you very much, Whooter, damn it you are good. Whooter I question the validity of the poster. Something tells me it is not a actual parent but a fabrication by DJ, to support a point he wants to make. Which of course he has no clarification. DJ does not know who is in that program, so he went and made up some bull to contradict what we were saying a couple of days ago. What better way then to make up a parent, if he tried to cite something we would know he is full of it right off, no way he could know the population and their economic/social standings.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
    « Reply #27 on: August 23, 2010, 06:08:50 PM »
    Quote from: "Anne Bonney"

Did you fabricate the story about your son or the one about a daughter?  Or did you do the unthinkable and send TWO kids off to re-education?  And, while we're into truths here, have you ever posted under the name Nigel here?

Anne,

You are derailing the thread that Jill Ryan started and politely asked if we could stay on topic. Please respect this or kindly take your posts else where.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
    « Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 06:09:33 PM »

Thank you very much, Whooter, damn it you are good.

Suck harder DannyBoi....HARDER!!
     :rofl:

Whooter I question the validity of the poster. Something tells me it is not a actual parent but a fabrication by DJ, to support a point he wants to make.

:roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:  :roflmao:

Oh the irony.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
    « Reply #29 on: August 24, 2010, 08:54:47 AM »
    Yes, Anne, it is certainly ironic indeed.  Danny and Whooter, both well known to have multiple aliases here, admitted by both, nonetheless, use this trolling tactic regularly.  I have only one login name and always use it.  You see, Anne, these two are so abjectly stupid that the only things they can come up with to try to discredit others is their own behaviors projected onto their target.

Now, as far as kids being court-ordered, this quite obvioulsy has nothing to do with socioeconomic status.  Whether or not these kids are mandated into "treatment" or not, the parents still have to pay the $4800/mo at RCS.  I don't think too many "inner city kids" families would be able to support this $60K/year expense.  Whooter and Danny are here simply to disrupt this thread by trolling me.  

Sorry that they do this, but I can't do anything about it.  It's just who they are as people - losers with nothing important to add.

More on that topic here.
    The Linchpin Link

- Troll Control