Author Topic: RC Students Charged with Assault and Armed Robbery  (Read 10076 times)

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
"Your Life is a Story, So Write it Up"
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2010, 03:53:14 PM »
Here's a piece taken from a Summer 2010 Newsletter, Speaking of Kids, put out by the Youth Service Bureau in State College, Pennsylvania. YSB appears to be a non-profit, community based organization with several different programs for youth at risk.

Lucrezia Albegiani, one of the runaways noted in the OP article, participated in one of these programs prior to being sent to Ridge Creek.

-------------- • -------------- • --------------

"Your Life is a Story, So Write it Up"
By: Olivia Scoggins, Vicki Shivery, Starr Tipton, and Lucrezia Albegiani

Laughs. That's what you'll hear if you walk into a Strange Getaway Writers Meeting. We are a group of teens from Bellefonte and State College and three graduate students in Creative Writing at Penn State who come together at the YSB Youth Shelter to write stories, rants and poetry.

After meeting for almost a year, we have decided that some people are dancers, some are painters and some are Strange Getaway Writers. Every so often, we'll do a group write where we each put down a few sentences of a story. Then, our stories go around the room till everyone adds something. Usually some of us shout out, "Oh I can't believe you made her do that!" and "What am I going to do now?" In this way, we've written stories about every subject you can imagine and some you can't!

Recently we interviewed each other about why we write and learned the following.

Olivia Scoggins, a State College High senior used to write poems "a lot, a lot, a lot", but our group is now one of the few times she has to write. "With choir practice, AASG meetings and a job at Burger King, I just don't have the time". She typically rants when she writes but she likes trying out different styles too. She's heading to Bloomsburg University this summer.

Vicki Shivery, an eighth grader at Bellefonte Middle School, started writing poems when she was seven. She says, "Writers' group has helped me expand my horizons on topics of writing and ways to write" and that we give her something to look forward to.

Starr Tipton, another State College High senior also started writing at a young age. She uses poetry to express anger, love and happiness. Starr also like writing character sketches. A recent story of hers was about a Trekkie obsessed with a teddy bear.

Lucrezia Albegiani, a State College High junior started writing at thirteen. She loves to journal and write poetry. Her favorite part of writing is that she gets to explain how she feels and no one has to see it.

The three brave souls who started the group make it fun. After talking with former graduate students about their experience leading a group for teens, Curran Altschul, Nick Bascome and Rachel Bara started making some phone calls to find out if there was interest in State College. When asked why she does it, Bara said, "I like experimenting with words alongside a younger crowd and these teens are edgy."

As Strange Getaway Writers we enjoy saying what we want without being judged. When asked about our name, a newcomer said, "I think Strange Getaway Writers like to find ways to escape. They share thoughts and feelings not necessarily to escape reality, but in order to confront it. That is where the word strange comes in." To join Strange Getaway Writers send an email to us at [email protected].

# # #
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Lucrezia Daniella Albegiani, Sydney Julieann Vaughn @ LCSO
« Reply #47 on: December 23, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »
I think you have the wrong link for Sydney Vaughn, Oscar. My previously saved links for these two also had a (different) wrong number for Vauhn.

My guess is that the inmate #s in that line-up are not fixed. They appear to be alphabetically ordered, and I'm sure the inmate population fluctuates. 'Tis probably best to just post the data.

Here's the full inmate list of the Lumpkin County Sheriff's Office in case either of those numbers changes again, fwiw.

ALBEGIANI, LUCREZIA DANIELLA

Date Arrested: 11/26/2010
    Date Booked: 11/26/2010
    Days in Jail: 28
    Total Bond Amount: 0.0000
    Agency: LUMPKIN COUNTY SO
    Photo Class:
    — — —
    Charges:
    CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY 2ND DEGREE
    ARMED ROBBERY
    CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY
    CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY
    AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
[/size]
VAUGHN, SYDNEY JULIEANN

Date Arrested: 11/26/2010
    Date Booked: 11/26/2010
    Days in Jail: 28
    Total Bond Amount: 3184.0000
    Agency: LUMPKIN COUNTY SO
    Photo Class:
    — — —
    Charges:
    FAILURE TO DIM LIGHTS
    TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS/PRIMA FACIE SPEED
    FAILURE TO STOP AT STOP SIGN
    FAILURE TO MAINTAIN LANE
    FLEEING OR ATTEMPTING TO ELUDE POLICE OFFICER
    FAILURE TO EXERCISE DUE CARE
    DRIVING WHILE UNLICENSED
    CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY 2ND DEGREE
    CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ARMED ROBBERY
    CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
    ARMED ROBBERY
    AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
[/size]

Offline Dysfunction Junction

• View Profile
Re: RC Students Charged with Assault and Armed Robbery
« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2011, 01:10:27 PM »
How many other people on this inmate list are from RCS besides these two girls?  There could be quite a few RCS inmates that are now LCSO inmates.
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2011, 03:39:14 PM »
James Jordan wrote on Dec 10, 2010 10:43 AM:

I long for the "old days," back when Larry Burkett and his strong community values occupied that part of our county. In recent years it seems we've seen that property go from a problem-ridden "boarding school" for teens to a state-monitored quasi "reform school" housing kids with serious delinquency problems. And, while we all want to help kids, what about our community safety? What about the safety of those deputies - who thought they were just responding to a stolen car report, since the aggravated assault was not initially reported? What about the near-riot that was reported in our paper a few months ago? How much more is going on out there that we don't ever hear about?

Yes, I miss those "good ole days," when a hike around that area might result in a warm and caring conversation with Larry, as opposed to having to be fearful for our safety.

Good questions, James.  I also wonder how much more is going on at RCS than we hear about.  Obviously the staff do not report crimes against children there and only report crimes against staff if there's no way to sweep it under the rug, like a crumpled stolen car sitting in a pool of LP gas after being crashed into a local business.

We know kids have been raped and beaten from the DHS reports, but we all wonder what's continuing to be hidden at RCS.

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 12, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
Does anyone have any information on the near riot that reportedly took place?

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2011, 10:00:19 AM »
It appears the locals know about it, but that it wasn't reported by RCS to DHS.  It was mentioned in the local newspaper by a resident of the town who said it was reported in the local paper, but the search function of the Nugget does not show the story.

-Arthur Schopenhauer