Author Topic: RC Students Charged with Assault and Armed Robbery  (Read 10109 times)

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
Re: RC Students Charged with Assault and Armed Robbery
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2010, 05:01:10 PM »
It shall be interesting to see if the young women will be sent back to Ridge Creek in their "juvenile offender program."  According to ORS documents, that program is on hiatus until Spring of 2011 as there were "currently no placements," if at all, or is it 'really' on hiatus.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Pile of Dead Kids

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2010, 05:58:35 PM »
They were caught because they left her loose to report them. If they had more time they might have gotten away.

Next time, kill the bitch.
...Sergey Blashchishen, James Shirey, Faith Finley, Katherine Rice, Ashlie Bunch, Brendan Blum, Caleb Jensen, Alex Cullinane, Rocco Magliozzi, Elisa Santry, Dillon Peak, Natalynndria Slim, Lenny Ortega, Angellika Arndt, Joey Aletriz, Martin Anderson, James White, Christening Garcia, Kasey Warner, Shirley Arciszewski, Linda Harris, Travis Parker, Omega Leach, Denis Maltez, Kevin Christie, Karlye Newman, Richard DeMaar, Alexis Richie, Shanice Nibbs, Levi Snyder, Natasha Newman, Gracie James, Michael Owens, Carlton Thomas, Taylor Mangham, Carnez Boone, Benjamin Lolley, Jessica Bradford's unnamed baby, Anthony Parker, Dysheka Streeter, Corey Foster, Joseph Winters, Bruce Staeger, Kenneth Barkley, Khalil Todd, Alec Lansing, Cristian Cuellar-Gonzales, Janaia Barnhart, a DRA victim who never even showed up in the news, and yet another unnamed girl at Summit School...

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2010, 06:53:49 PM »
Quote from: "Jill Ryan"
It shall be interesting to see if the young women will be sent back to Ridge Creek in their "juvenile offender program."  According to ORS documents, that program is on hiatus until Spring of 2011 as there were "currently no placements," if at all, or is it 'really' on hiatus.

Based on the information you posted earlier, Jill, once these two girls entered the "juvenile offender program" they are not eligible to return to Ridge Creek.  I agree with you that time will tell if this is true or not.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2010, 09:32:28 PM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

Based on the information you posted earlier, Jill, once these two girls entered the "juvenile offender program" they are not eligible to return to Ridge Creek.  I agree with you that time will tell if this is true or not.

"Based on the information you posted earlier, Jill..."  How on this earth did you possibly deduce your above statement?

On the contrary, nary a soul has stated whether or not the young females were in fact in the "juvenile offender program" at Ridge Creek.  According to the ORS, it is not operational, according to information supplied to the ORS upon their visit to Ridge Creek this past summer.   Ridge Creek stated they did not expect to be operational until March of 2011.  Ridge Creek, Inc, Ridge Creek School/ Mountain Brook encompasses all services.

Now, if there is money involved and Buccellato wants the money, he will move heaven and earth to keep them at Ridge Creek.  Documented evidence clearly exhibits the lengths he will go to keep the student(the money), including tearing apart families, changing diagnosis, etc.  

I have no idea who you are, if you are one of his lackys, but if you are not, advocate for a decent facility.  How about one deserving, like St. Jude Hospital for Children.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 09:45:20 PM »
Lucky this was Georgia.    

Charges against Vaughn:  Bond: 3,184.00

FAILURE TO DIM LIGHTS
TOO FAST FOR CONDITIONS/PRIMA FACIE SPEED
FAILURE TO STOP AT STOP SIGN
FAILURE TO MAINTAIN LANE
FLEEING OR ATTEMPTING TO ELUDE POLICE OFFICER
FAILURE TO EXERCISE DUE CARE
DRIVING WHILE UNLICENSED
CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY 2ND DEGREE
CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT ARMED ROBBERY
CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT AGGRAVATED ASSAULT
ARMED ROBBERY
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

Charges against Albegiani: Bond:  none showing

CRIMINAL DAMAGE TO PROPERTY 2ND DEGREE
ARMED ROBBERY
CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY
CRIMINAL CONSPIRACY
AGGRAVATED ASSAULT

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 09:48:26 PM »

"Based on the information you posted earlier, Jill..."  How on this earth did you possibly deduce your above statement?

On the contrary, nary a soul has stated whether or not the young females were in fact in the "juvenile offender program" at Ridge Creek.  According to the ORS, it is not operational, according to information supplied to the ORS upon their visit to Ridge Creek this past summer.   Ridge Creek stated they did not expect to be operational until March of 2011.  Ridge Creek, Inc, Ridge Creek School/ Mountain Brook encompasses all services.

Now, if there is money involved and Buccellato wants the money, he will move heaven and earth to keep them at Ridge Creek.  Documented evidence clearly exhibits the lengths he will go to keep the student(the money), including tearing apart families, changing diagnosis, etc.  

I have no idea who you are, if you are one of his lackys, but if you are not, advocate for a decent facility.  How about one deserving, like St. Jude Hospital for Children.

What I meant was these girls were attending RC via out of pocket from their parents (I am presuming).  Now that they have been arrested they may enter the "Juvenile Offender Program" of Georgia (Not Ridge Creek).  When I stated "Based on the information you posted earlier, Jill..." I was referring to you pointing out that Ridge Creek will not be operational until March 2011.  So they could not possibly go back to Ridge Creek.  I doubt they would anyway after what they did.  Their parents will find another place for them, I doubt they will spend much time in jury in the state of Georgia.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 11:11:29 PM »
What a shame. What a way to have to grow up too fast.  :waaaa:

That's the problem with these kinds of programs. They're neither here nor there. Not enough "structure" for some kids, too much for others. And the punitive "therapy" ... devalues all of them.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline RobertBruce

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2010, 12:32:02 AM »
What I meant was these girls were attending RC via out of pocket from their parents (I am presuming). Now that they have been arrested they may enter the "Juvenile Offender Program" of Georgia (Not Ridge Creek). When I stated "Based on the information you posted earlier, Jill..." I was referring to you pointing out that Ridge Creek will not be operational until March 2011. So they could not possibly go back to Ridge Creek. I doubt they would anyway after what they did. Their parents will find another place for them, I doubt they will spend much time in jury in the state of Georgia.

Or they will just as likely be returned to Buchi under a court order. Followed up of course by Buchi claiming RC doesnt have accept any court ordered kids.

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2010, 06:02:15 AM »
I believe that some should write the authorities. Regardless of the behavior of these girls such incidents should be reported. Only when reports are made of restraints and assaults then the proper authorities can draw guidelines up how to improve the methods used in residential programs.

Offline Guest3

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
I have no doubt those kids will be returned to RC. Can't let a little thing like assualt stand in the way of getting that money, right Bucci?

The bottom line is RC is just a holding pen for juveniles until they turn 18. The staff is not trained or equipped to handle these type of kids, but hey it's Bucci's big fat cash cow so those are just minor details.

It's going to take someone dying there before that place is finally shut down.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Comments: "Students charged with assault, robbery of teacher
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2010, 08:20:59 PM »
Comments left for the article in the OP, "Students charged with assault, robbery of teacher" (by Matt Aiken; December 1, 2010; The Dahlonega Nugget):

JR wrote on Dec 2, 2010 2:06 PM:
    " Correction: Sydney Vaughn is from Illinois and Lucrezia Albegiani is from PA "
RKS wrote on Dec 7, 2010 5:20 PM:
    " AT LEAST THE CHILDREN WERE NOT HURT AND ARE SAFE "
joe smack wrote on Dec 8, 2010 2:02 PM:
    " Yeah. Thank god these violent criminals weren't hurt. That would have been a real shame had they sustained injury. (Sarcasm is hard to express in type...) "
DC wrote on Dec 8, 2010 2:57 PM:
    " It really is a shame that Deb was giving her time to council these kids,try to make a difference for them, and they did this. Also, it's a shame that her Toyota 4 Runner was totally demolished and she has to "eat the cost" for another vehicle. Maybe some "good hearted " Samaritan can help her out on getting another vehicle since her insurance company is not getting her enough $$$$ to replace the actual cost of her well maintained 2003 4 Runner. "
sss wrote on Dec 8, 2010 10:40 PM:
    " Well in response to JS, yes it IS good that these girls were not injured. These kids are in that school obviously because they do have problems that need addressed, but every life is important, and I do not think your sarcasm is appropriate. And for Deb I feel the same that it was unfortunate about her vehicle and she should be commended for her work and am thankful for her safety. I hope these girls DO pay the consequences for their actions. They were given a chance to change their lives and THEY ruined it!! Very sad. . . . for the victim, the kids, and their families . . . . . . "
James Jordan wrote on Dec 10, 2010 10:43 AM:
    " I long for the "old days," back when Larry Burkett and his strong community values occupied that part of our county. In recent years it seems we've seen that property go from a problem-ridden "boarding school" for teens to a state-monitored quasi "reform school" housing kids with serious delinquency problems. And, while we all want to help kids, what about our community safety? What about the safety of those deputies - who thought they were just responding to a stolen car report, since the aggravated assault was not initially reported? What about the near-riot that was reported in our paper a few months ago? How much more is going on out there that we don't ever hear about?

Yes, I miss those "good ole days," when a hike around that area might result in a warm and caring conversation with Larry, as opposed to having to be fearful for our safety. "
jt wrote on Dec 10, 2010 10:56 PM:
    " How is the counselor doing that was attacked? What were her injuries? I am sorry to here what happened to her..It is a miracle that nobody was seriously injured. "

Copyright © 2010 The Dahlonega Nugget

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2010, 08:36:08 PM »
" Well in response to JS, yes it IS good that these girls were not injured. These kids are in that school obviously because they do have problems that need addressed, but every life is important, and I do not think your sarcasm is appropriate. And for Deb I feel the same that it was unfortunate about her vehicle and she should be commended for her work and am thankful for her safety. I hope these girls DO pay the consequences for their actions. They were given a chance to change their lives and THEY ruined it!! Very sad. . . . for the victim, the kids, and their families . . . . . . "

This one stood out for me.

I think we all sometimes lose sight of the fact that these kids have problems and need help.  No one should wish them harm and should be given the opportunity to get the help that they deserve.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Re: Comments: "Students charged with assault, robbery..."
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2010, 09:12:23 PM »
I agree. The following excerpt from James Jordan's comment also stood out for me, perhaps even more so:

...In recent years it seems we've seen that property go from a problem-ridden "boarding school" for teens to a state-monitored quasi "reform school" housing kids with serious delinquency problems. And, while we all want to help kids, what about our community safety? What about the safety of those deputies - who thought they were just responding to a stolen car report, since the aggravated assault was not initially reported? What about the near-riot that was reported in our paper a few months ago? How much more is going on out there that we don't ever hear about?[/list]

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
    « Reply #43 on: December 17, 2010, 09:23:05 PM »
    Quote from: "Ursus"
    I agree. The following excerpt from James Jordan's comment also stood out for me, perhaps even more so:

...In recent years it seems we've seen that property go from a problem-ridden "boarding school" for teens to a state-monitored quasi "reform school" housing kids with serious delinquency problems. And, while we all want to help kids, what about our community safety? What about the safety of those deputies - who thought they were just responding to a stolen car report, since the aggravated assault was not initially reported? What about the near-riot that was reported in our paper a few months ago? How much more is going on out there that we don't ever hear about?[/list]

I didnt realize that the state describes RCS as a school for Emotionally Disturbed Children.  I understand the neighbors concern also.  It must be unsettling having to have a school like that close by.  This has always been an ongoing battle when schools/ halfway houses are first integrated into an area.  People support the idea of kids getting help but they don't want them in their neighborhood.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
      « Reply #44 on: December 17, 2010, 10:41:32 PM »
      Quote from: "Ursus"

I didnt realize that the state describes RCS as a school for Emotionally Disturbed Children.  I understand the neighbors concern also.  It must be unsettling having to have a school like that close by.  This has always been an ongoing battle when schools/ halfway houses are first integrated into an area.  People support the idea of kids getting help but they don't want them in their neighborhood.
        I think it goes a lot further than a NIMBY issue at this point. From the sound of it, Buccellato & Company have been less than forthright with so many agencies and individuals, that nobody knows what to believe about what goes on there anymore. They're probably not going to believe Buccellato, especially if they've had extensive dealings with him on previous occasions. IMO.

Incidents like this one, where the police were not even informed that an apparently brutal assault was involved, endanger everyone, including the runaway kids. The police may not be prepared for the kind of resistance they may encounter from someone willing and/or desperate enough to go to such extremes. Jes sayin' ... fwiw.