Author Topic: ASR Alumni Interview  (Read 7209 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2010, 10:36:22 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Whooter"
Maybe we should not vote at all, maybe the fair thing to do is accept everyones story and let the individual readers decide which one they feel are credible.


But you're not doing that.  You're cherry picking OTHER people's stories, not even your own and picking them from the marketing website for the program.  

When you can speak of what it's like to be trapped inside one of those places for a couple of years, then you can post about your own experience with it.

I didnt cherry pick that story, Anne.  Its the only one they provided.  If there were 5 stories I would have provided all 5 of them.  As far as experience goes you dont have any experience of being inside any of these programs we are talking about, Anne.  I have at least had a family member attend and have been to these places myself.



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2010, 10:52:46 AM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"


But you're not doing that.  You're cherry picking OTHER people's stories, not even your own and picking them from the marketing website for the program.  

When you can speak of what it's like to be trapped inside one of those places for a couple of years, then you can post about your own experience with it.

Lets say that someone interviewed you, Anne for a story or web site.  Would that automatically invalidate your story?  Would we have to remove your story from the fornits forum as spam?  Why the double standard?  



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5006
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2010, 11:30:33 AM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"

Anne I have to balance two hats at once here.  I don't agree with everything Whooter says on fornits.  Having said that, Whooter is allowed to post whatever he wants to on this website regardless how offensive it is.  If he deviates from The Rules of The Board when he says something, that is another matter.   < This coming from a moderating POV.  Speaking from someone who has been in a CEDU program, I can see where you're coming from.

I wasn't asking for anything to be done.  Just pointing out Whooter's attempts to deflect attention away from anything negative about programs.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Dysfunction Junction

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 671
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2010, 11:32:55 AM »
Bottom line: The story is fake.  What else is there to talk about?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Anne Bonney

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5006
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2010, 11:40:18 AM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"
Quote
When you can speak of what it's like to be trapped inside one of those places for a couple of years, then you can post about your own experience with it.

I was addressing the above highlighted in red, Anne.  I stopped putting energy into Whooter spinning, deflecting attention away from anything negative about programs and him supporting the North Korean nuclear weapons program.

Ok.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2010, 11:42:43 AM »
Quote from: "The gatekeeper"

I was addressing the above highlighted in red, Anne.  I stopped putting energy into Whooter spinning, deflecting attention away from anything negative about programs and him supporting the North Korean nuclear weapons program.

Dam, exposed again!!  



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2010, 12:46:39 PM »
Life is good in North Korea:





...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dysfunction Junction

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 671
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2010, 01:04:24 PM »
Thread derailed by Aspen slackey and moderator.  That's a new one.

Let's get back to the fake girl and phony interview.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2010, 01:09:37 PM »
What are you happy to have left behind?
I am happy to leave behind anger, screaming, pain, dishonestly, dishonor.... anything that caused pain to my family and friends. I look back and am embarrassed at how I acted and treated people. I realize that my actions affected other people and do not enjoy knowing that I hurt many people in the past, but most of all I hurt myself.

Link



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dysfunction Junction

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 671
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2010, 02:20:50 PM »
Right off the bat there is no Costco in St. Albans where the girl allegedly worked.  That's a tip-off right there.  The closest one is an hour away.  Plus it comes from an Aspen marketing site which are well known to be purveyors of falsehoods.  The details don't line up in this ficytitious story, just l;ike all of Whooter's stories where he can't rememeber how long his "daughter" was in a program, what years she was in a program, who worked at it, etc.  He gets all the details mixed up each time he tells the story and everyone can just tell it's phony.

So, Joel, by your commentary, I guess it's OK to derail threads if someone else has done so in the past (in your opinion).  Thanks. I'll remember that.  I guess that's why it's OK for you to derail any thread you like while slicing/dicing/cutting/pasting everything else you don't agree with.  Keep on keeping on, derailer.  Just don't come bitching to me about "forum rules" later.  We now know it's OK to derail threads because the moderators do it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Dysfunction Junction

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 671
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2010, 02:33:02 PM »
For the record, I did not write that.  You shouldn't be trying to attribute it to me when it can be easily verified it was not penned by this author.

As an aside, it is just further derailment of this thread.  I suggest you delete or move your off-topic responses and stop adding to them.  Flouting the rules you are charged with enforcing is not a very responsible way to moderate and probably is at the root of a lot of the blowback you get.  "Do as I say, not as I do" is program shit, Joel.  It doesn't belong here, especially from a moderator.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2010, 02:34:44 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Right off the bat there is no Costco in St. Albans where the girl allegedly worked.  That's a tip-off right there.  The closest one is an hour away.  Plus it comes from an Aspen marketing site which are well known to be purveyors of falsehoods.  The details don't line up in this ficytitious story, just l;ike all of Whooter's stories where he can't rememeber how long his "daughter" was in a program, what years she was in a program, who worked at it, etc.  He gets all the details mixed up each time he tells the story and everyone can just tell it's phony.

So, Joel, by your commentary, I guess it's OK to derail threads if someone else has done so in the past (in your opinion).  Thanks. I'll remember that.  I guess that's why it's OK for you to derail any thread you like while slicing/dicing/cutting/pasting everything else you don't agree with.  Keep on keeping on, derailer.  Just don't come bitching to me about "forum rules" later.  We now know it's OK to derail threads because the moderators do it.

There is a Costco 2 blocks away from where she is attending college.  She got a job in a college town after leaving ASR, very common.  Your biggest enemy has always been the facts DJ. lol

these are the exact kind of posts you use to post for me when I exposed you.  I see you are back to your old ticks, DJ:

Links


...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Dysfunction Junction

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 671
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »
I didn't write that.  I think you did, probably.  You're responsible for most of the porn, trash and other crap that gets posted here as an attempt to derail.

I guess I'll have to report this derailment to a real moderator who understands what "moderation" is to get your and Joel's off-topic posts removed.  You two are quite the pair.

The phony interview said she worked for a year before applying to colleges and she lived in St. Albans.  Ain't no Costco there, bud.  I'll be up there next week and I can check to see if they built one since the last time I was up there three weeks ago, but I sincerely doubt it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Compassion is the basis of morality."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2010, 03:25:33 PM »
Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"

The phony interview said she worked for a year before applying to colleges and she lived in St. Albans.  Ain't no Costco there, bud.  I'll be up there next week and I can check to see if they built one since the last time I was up there three weeks ago, but I sincerely doubt it.

Sorry,  You dont have any credibility left.  Map quest says there is one 2 blocks from where she is going to school.  I am going with that.  Like I said,DJ, the facts trip you up every time.

Phony interview, phony study !!  lol  Ouch you must be hurt'in, hitting an all time low  trying to rely on Costco locations to discredit survivor stories.

...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 9403390

  • Posts: 17
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: ASR Alumni Interview
« Reply #104 on: January 24, 2011, 01:12:26 AM »
having read this interview it looks real enough to me. But it hardly seems an advertisement. The biggest thing that these places seem to boast about is forcing kids to be honest. Yet the girl admits that she was grossly mislead about what the day to day life of the school was like. No reasonable adult would have a good attitude to therapy if they were lied to so of course an angry kid is not going to miraculously be on board. She also describes some pretty confronting therapies. I have spoken to adult drug addicts and none of them have talked about "dreading" a group therapy situation continuously. i could understand if she said she was nervous the first time because she was not sure what to expect but to continually dread a therapy situation indicates that it is not doing its job. It was also pretty telling that the first thing she did when she came home was get alcohol poisoning. I know a lot of people relapse a few times if they have some kind of addiction issues but this was her first weekend at home. I would say this interview is an advertisement for why you should avoid this school. I hope she is doing well and she is enjoying her studies but i don't think the things she went through at this school make it worth it.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »