Author Topic: Has anyone here been threatened?  (Read 8233 times)

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Has anyone here been threatened?
« on: October 10, 2003, 11:11:00 AM »
Serious question.

I've heard rumors that Ken and possibly some others have been seriously threatening people with bodily harm for posting to this forum. They're not saying it as "I'm gonna ____ if you do____". It's more indirect, as in "You might get hurt if you do."

Now, aside from Ken's indirect sort of intimidation, has anyone gotten any credible threats or actual retribution?

The most important thing in the programming language is the name. A language will not succeed without a good name. I have recently invented a very good name and now I am looking for a suitable language.  
-- D. E. Knuth, 1967

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Expediter-Trainee

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2003, 11:22:00 AM »
Ginger, that's just crazy.
Ken has never made any kind of threat to anyone.

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2003, 12:12:00 PM »
no, no threats made to me.  but hey is that u anonymously posting ken??
SyN
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »
This is so out there in left feild I cant even address it............. Hey Mike how are you?

Darkangel

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2003, 05:33:00 PM »
On 2003-10-10 08:22:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Ginger, that's just crazy.

Ken has never made any kind of threat to anyone."

HI KEN!!!

:wave:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2003, 06:46:00 PM »
Like I said, it didn't sound to me like a direct threat on his part. Sounded more like a strong suggestion that "somebody" would hurt people who post here. Now, was he talking about emotional pain due to all the arguing? Was he talking about Marty and Jeff calling in favors? What exactly does he mean by that? I don't know.

Sounds to me like the silly bastard is just playing with people's heads, like he gets off on pretending he's still on staff at Elan. But then again, maybe not. Maybe there is a real danger to former Elan residents in speaking out about what they saw while they were there.

I understand that Kenny Boy just banned a whole lot of people from Elanalum last night. I want all of ya'll to understand that you don't need Ken nor Elanalum or me or Fornits to stay in touch with whomever you damned well please and to talk about whatever you want to talk about.

If you haven't got it already, get AOL Instant Messenger (you don't have to use AOL for access, it's a freebie for anyone with any kind of net access) or get Yahoogroups Instant Message chat client. Both of these services do group chat. You can exchange email addresses through private messages here in this forum or set up a temporary anon email with Hotmail or something to swap contact info and arrange times for planned chat sessions or just keep each other in your buddy lists and shoot the shit whenever you want to.

You're not in Elan anymore, folks! You don't need anyone's permission to speak freely. Lightening will not strike you dead if you say things that Ken, Jeff and Marty don't want you to say. Especially if you're not using Ken's forum to say them and so he has NO clue who's saying what to whom.

The right of self-defense is the first law of nature . . and when the right of the people to keep and bear arms is, under any color or pretext whatsoever, prohibited, liberty, if not already annihilated, is on the brink of destruction.

--St. George Tucker, in his edition of Blackstone's Commentaries

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2003, 10:10:00 PM »
im good darkangel how have you been?
SyN

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »
thats why we love you antigen. :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2003, 02:08:00 AM »
hell yeah

Antigen Rocks  :tup:

Paul

Offline Nazi

• View Profile
    • http://forum.sparklit.com/forum.spark?forumID=3963
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2003, 09:43:00 AM »
Hi Ken , is the Rogain working????

Paul how do you type at fornits with bigger fonts?I cant seem to change my fonts to a different size.
lan is slowly being torn apart, thanks to me and all the other former Elanites out there that beleive in the destruction of tearing Elan apart. \"Keep up the great work\"

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2003, 02:39:00 PM »
Nazi

it is HTML coding, like one would use to make a website

HI KEN

Take the "*"'s out of whta I just wrote, and there s the formula.

in the beginning of the script that you wnat to enlarge..

and..

at the end

but you have to take the "*" out.

Peace, man,

Paul St. John

Offline Paul St. John

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2003, 02:40:00 PM »
Fuck.. didn t work.. I ll send you in email

Paul

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2003, 05:54:00 PM »

HI KEN

Note there's a "disable html" checkbox in the list between the text box where you type your message and the buttons at the bottom.

Here's a fairly good tutorial on html.

http://www.cwru.edu/help/introHTML/toc.html

Forget about the advanced CGI and forms stuff. You won't need it for what you're doing, but you'll know where to find it if you ever do. Just check out chapters 3 - 7.

Also, you can always hit the edit button on other people's posts to crib from their posts. You won't be able to save the message unless it's yours. But you can peek and it's considered more than polite conduct in most of Cyberia.

"A multitude of laws in a country is like a great number of physicians, a sign of weakness and malady." --Voltaire, philosopher (1694-1778)

Straight South (Sarasota, FL)
Anonymity Anonymous
http://fornits.com/anonanon

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »
I personally think that elan might be a front for drug-running, money laudering, or racketteering. Probably all three. That might be why they are so damn cheap; if we were on medications, they'd always switch to generics, we had cheap razors and shampoo, the list goes on. I remember one girl saying that if this place was so expensive, where does all the money go? Why were we living on the cheap, with the house in disrepair and furniture that you could cut yourself on while Claire and Tania drove Jaguars, a car that my parents could not afford, and my family is by no means poor. There were repeated "mistakes" in accounting, and with other families besides mine, and of course the errors were always in THEIR favor. They tried to keep me longer so that they could make more money when I was scheduled to start college at a very good school, on the pretext that I -probably one of the most anti-Elan people of all times- was to go through "re-entry." They always encourage parents to disown their children if they sign out, and since many of these students are middle class, they often graduate just to go to college. One girl I know was forced to return to Elan when her parents disowned her because she needed synthriod - a medication for people without a thyriod, so it might have been life-threatening if she did not return to Elan. Joe Ricci also owned a racetrack, which is strange because most theraputic school owners do NOT own racetracks. Not only did Joe Ricci bear a curious resemblance to a member of the Italian Maffia (complete with gold chains), but he was also caught with coccaine at least twice, and in quanties too large for personal use. Many of the staff in charge have no college degrees, and one of the popular and effective staff members was never promoted when all the others were, most likely because he was black. There was also a boxing ring which was used as a punishment. I am sure that this is illegal in all fifty states, and someone was heavily bribed. They only modify their program when they are under investigation, but are never forced to close their doors. Some politicians are probably being bribed. Its location is in Maine, not a very important or populous area of the country. Elan would not allowed to remain open in a state like New York or California, because it would get too much attention. One staff member repeatedly said that we could not sue Elan by law, which I know not to be true. I think many people do not want to deal with the litigation process, having to relive painful memories,  they admitted to something in groups that they don't want people finding out, or they just simply don't have the money and leisure time to sue Elan. And since Elan is so well-protected legally in the state of Maine, many people feel that Elan will get off once again.

Offline The Elan Reporter

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2006, 10:46:00 AM »
On 2003-11-23 18:58:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I personally think that elan might be a front for drug-running, money laudering, or racketteering. Probably all three. That might be why they are so damn cheap; if we were on medications, they'd always switch to generics, we had cheap razors and shampoo, the list goes on. I remember one girl saying that if this place was so expensive, where does all the money go? Why were we living on the cheap, with the house in disrepair and furniture that you could cut yourself on while Claire and Tania drove Jaguars, a car that my parents could not afford, and my family is by no means poor. There were repeated "mistakes" in accounting, and with other families besides mine, and of course the errors were always in THEIR favor. They tried to keep me longer so that they could make more money when I was scheduled to start college at a very good school, on the pretext that I -probably one of the most anti-Elan people of all times- was to go through "re-entry." They always encourage parents to disown their children if they sign out, and since many of these students are middle class, they often graduate just to go to college. One girl I know was forced to return to Elan when her parents disowned her because she needed synthriod - a medication for people without a thyriod, so it might have been life-threatening if she did not return to Elan. Joe Ricci also owned a racetrack, which is strange because most theraputic school owners do NOT own racetracks. Not only did Joe Ricci bear a curious resemblance to a member of the Italian Maffia (complete with gold chains), but he was also caught with coccaine at least twice, and in quanties too large for personal use. Many of the staff in charge have no college degrees, and one of the popular and effective staff members was never promoted when all the others were, most likely because he was black. There was also a boxing ring which was used as a punishment. I am sure that this is illegal in all fifty states, and someone was heavily bribed. They only modify their program when they are under investigation, but are never forced to close their doors. Some politicians are probably being bribed. Its location is in Maine, not a very important or populous area of the country. Elan would not allowed to remain open in a state like New York or California, because it would get too much attention. One staff member repeatedly said that we could not sue Elan by law, which I know not to be true. I think many people do not want to deal with the litigation process, having to relive painful memories,  they admitted to something in groups that they don't want people finding out, or they just simply don't have the money and leisure time to sue Elan. And since Elan is so well-protected legally in the state of Maine, many people feel that Elan will get off once again."

Very interesting theory. As for the furniture, did anyone know that all the furniture that housed Elan's building's, mainly the residents buildings, was made in prison? Which would also mean that it was either purchased at an extremly low low price or donated to them.

The bunkbeds were donated from old US military surplus. I think the only thing they purchased were those cheap sundries, ie soap, tooth paste.

Though I do beleive in elan 3's attic, which btw was locked off and off limits to us students, has a gold mine of old things stored in it. I remeber seeing some antique furniture, along with an old rifle that ofcoarse was inoperatable, along with other odd things that a modern day collector might find value in.

I was in the attic on dozens of occassions, many times without staff being present. They actaully could've made another dorm out of it which was once in discussion for higher strength to accomodate.

I recently wrote a small peice on how Sat. nite shotdowns lost movie privs and had to GI. We used to dump buckets and buckets of mop buckets of water all over the dining room floor. The water would run off down vents and into the baseboards. I can only imagine the structural damage we caused. This tradition started far before my arrival.

Also forgot to mention about the stories of the hunter that hung himself up there, and how his ghost haunted E-3. I think the story goes that you could hear his ghost walking around up there.
fArt Warshitsky sucks dicks!!!