Author Topic: Do Programs Lie?  (Read 6707 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Do programs lie?
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2010, 11:03:52 AM »
Quote from: "seamus"
Many a truth was said in jest. Dont like my profanity .................lemme see if I can conjure up some give a shit.........um...wait,wait.........nope , no joy. This was not a personal attack on the op,just an observation on the question. How did my program lie to me........let me count the ways.....hmmmm lets go back to intake...hey if you dont like it here you can sign yourself out after 14 days, any str8 vets remember that one or hows about the you"ll automatically have 200 real friends one ,or the countless lies told to bullshit people into cutting their hair,remember that shit.
    Then theres the timeless and classic "its for your own good/in your best intrest" god, where does it end.....
 DAMN I nearly forgot....... every time you sat down after "relating" the fucking group said "LOVE YA" god knows what sort of feeble gooble the parents got fed, mercifully I wasnt privy to that......

Most of it, from what I have gathered from my mom mostly, was really pushing the "deadinsaneorinjail" bullshit especially if a parent started to question what was going on.  Then there was the whole "druggie tendencies" bullshit that snatched up any siblings remaining at home, even if they'd never touched a drink or a drug.  If they wore concert t-shirts or listened to the "wrong" music, whatever.....they found an excuse to bring in damn near every fucking kid in the house.  I remember one girl, about 17, who had an older sister, 24, who had NEVER touched a drug in her life and I believe had only had 2 drinks.  She was socially awkward......that's it and somehow they talked not only her parents, but talked HER into the belief that she was "only a step away" from death, insanity or jail if they didn't get her into Straight now.....RIGHT NOW!!!

Do programs lie......YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a general matter of discourse though, did any of the outdoor based programs even have a fucking emt,or even qualified first responder on board? Out up the backside of beyond with a bunch of upset kids,push the fuck out of em' feed em shit dont insure hydration, what could go wrong? And who will un-fuck things when it does? Then kids die from negligence... no biggie , right? Just some kid nobody REALLY wants,oh and the "stats "(a whole new category of lies) say this number is very low ........fuck that. One is too goddamn many. And there but for the grace of god goes me. Oh heres a great lie to tell......they died from a "pre-existing condition" ( course it had nothing to do with being aggrieved by lack screening/ or medical care in that "golden hour" in the feild)...........fuckin kids cause of death SHOULD say adult stupidity.

:notworthy:  :notworthy:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 06:20:22 PM »
Claiming authority,I  just love that shit, claim this ........... fucking puuullleeeezze......any authority ANY motherfucker has over me is THE AUTHORITY I FUCKING GIVE YOU.   So who is the real authority?
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2010, 07:07:11 PM »
http://branchingoutseminars.blogspot.co ... ement.html
Here is my "Facilitator" for my second seminar, Focus. The part I like is this:
Ms. Lou Dozier is an internationally recognized Master Facilitator. Lou has been creating trainings since 1987 with a goal of impacting the greatest number of people in the shortest period of time. Lou is living her personal dream working with Resource Realizations.

Internationally recognized? By who? And even if she was "recognized as a Master Facilitator" what the fuck does that mean?

Do these people have any credentials other than the imaginary peter pan certificates from never-never land?

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2010, 08:40:49 PM »
Quote from: "Gonzotherapy"
Do these people have any credentials other than the imaginary peter pan certificates from never-never land?
Very rarely.  When I was at my program the "counselors" (as they called them then) had no certifications whatsoever other than having fucked up their own lives to the point where working at a program is pretty much the only job they can get. The vast majority of the staff at the program I was in had criminal records.  Long ones.  The program called it "real world experience", which sounds good, but when it comes down to it, real world experience is no substitute for actual education in how psychology works (dangerous things not to do, for instance).  Now the program, probably because of criticism and possible legal implications has started to call their counselors "life coaches".

The counselors attended 36 hours of training and obtained a certificate from a guy who designed the workshops at CEDU (from est and Lifespring, like WWASP).  They certified themselves, basically.  They didn't even bother to register with a "real" life coaching training place (which isn't saying much, even if they did).  It's very typical of programs to change the names of things when publicity gets out about their practices.  It makes google searching for history of the program more difficult because people need to know the program's nomenclature for all periods in time...  It lets them say "oh.  we don't have X anymore.  we have Y".  They, of course, neglect to mention X is exactly the same as Y.

Often times programs will claim they employ licensed personnel but when you research their employees you'll find they aren't certified.  It even happens in the rare cases in which programs put the license numbers of their employees online.  They're counting on parents not doing their homework just like Whooter counts on people not clicking his source links and checking out the context of the posts he quotes for themselves (if he even bothers to post a link).
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
Re: Do Programs Lie?
« Reply #34 on: November 12, 2010, 12:20:23 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
A Heads-up to parents/Readers:Please check any links carefully that are presented by Gonzotherapy regarding alleged proof that programs lie.
Yes, do that. And make sure to check up on the factual nature of Whooter's allegations against Gonzotherapy as well.

Just to be fair to the people reading this thread you should all be aware that the poster, Gonzotherapy, has been posting here on fornits under several user names claiming to have attended programs.
Gonzotherapy's IP has only been used with the one username. He is not posting here under any other username.

He has been caught in several lies.  So I would be careful about any facts that he presents and check the links carefully on this thread.
To the best of my knowledge he hasn't been caught in even a single lie.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2010, 06:58:47 PM »
This is awesome. I just found this old site for parents of kids in Paradise Cove.
http://www.vpp.com/teenhelp/pokis1.html

This particular part is just classic.
"How many of you have not received what I call those "horrible, terrible, no good, very bad letters?" They talk about malnutrition, thievery, the other boys who are so much worse and who you certainly wouldn't want your son to associate with, surgery without anesthesia (yes, from my son, regarding an incision and drainage of an infection on his foot done the same way in the U.S.), the mean staff, the bugs, etc., etc., etc.? Did you know that your sons trade these stories, and that their purpose is to convince you to bring them home?"

I wonder what the idiot parent thought after Paradise Cove was closed and sister programs of WWASPS in Mexico, Jamaica, and Costa Rica were all closed because of these very problems. We were all cut to hell because we only had cheap foam flip-flops to wear (sometimes) and were forced to run in areas littered with shards of coral and volcanic rock. Infections and boils were rampant, you had flies constantly feasting on open wounds, cockroaches everywhere, you were rarely fed enough (usually hungrier after we ate than before)... I could go on and on and on. I wrote one of those nasty letters to my parents when I got there, and the program convinced them it was all a lie, and I paid the price for that letter.

http://suescheffdefeatswwasps.blogspot. ... -jury.html
"Photos were shown of children who were locked inside The ISO Box (Isolation Box), a wooden structure no larger than a small closet at WWASP's Paradise Cove program in Western Samoa. Children told of their experiences when they were hog-tied, struck by staff members, and duct-taped during their stay. When an investigation into allegations of child abuse and neglect was initiated, WWASP closed this program.

Again at Paradise Cove in Western Samoa, bugs were seen in the children's meager food portions. There were photos of children with skin infections, including scabies.
Former victims demonstrated the abuse and neglect they endured. They also verbalized it on Dateline, Primetime, Inside Edition and 48 Hours."