Author Topic: Bush thought 9/11 plane had been shot down on his orders  (Read 2641 times)

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Bush thought 9/11 plane had been shot down on his orders
« on: October 29, 2010, 01:51:40 PM »
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the order, but it just amazes me that a man this absolutely stupid was the POTUS.  Nucular..... ::)

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/oc ... deincoming

George Bush thought 9/11 plane had been shot down on his orders

Memoirs reveal former US president gave order to shoot down any hijacked planes before United Airlines flight 93 crashed

George Bush initially believed the only plane not to reach its intended target during the 11 September attacks had been shot down on his orders, according to leaks from the former president's memoir of his two terms in office.

Bush reveals that he gave the order for any further suspected hijacked planes to be shot down after the first aircraft were flown into the World Trade Centre in New York during the 2001 terror attacks.

He at first thought the crash of United Airlines flight 93 in Pennsylvania had resulted from this instruction, although it later emerged that passengers had stormed the cockpit as hijackers flew the plane towards the Capitol building in Washington.

The memoir, Decision Points, is due to be published on 9 November, in the aftermath of the US midterm elections, and Bush is already lined up for interviews on the Oprah Winfrey and NBC Today shows.

The Drudge Report website says the very personal book opens with the line: "It was a simple question: 'Can you remember the last day you didn't have a drink?'" as Bush deals with the well-known issue of his alcohol consumption.

His drinking has previously been said to have come to an end when he woke up with a hangover following his 40th birthday celebrations.

In a chapter about stem cell research, he describes receiving a letter from Nancy Reagan detailing a "wrenching family journey", but says: "I did feel a responsibility to voice my pro-life convictions and lead the country toward what Pope John Paul II called a culture of life."

Bush goes on to describes an emotional July 2001 meeting with the Pope, who had Parkinson's disease, at the pontiff's summer residence.

The Pope reportedly recognised the promise of science but implored Bush to support life in all its forms.

At the pontiff's funeral in 2005, Bush – after a reminder from his wife, Laura, that it was a time to "pray for miracles" – said a prayer for the ABC news anchor Peter Jennings, who had cancer.

The book is said to stay clear of criticising Barack Obama, and a source told the Drudge Report: "You will find the president strong, loving life, and ultimately at peace with the decisions he made."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
Re: Bush thought 9/11 plane had been shot down on his orders
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2010, 01:56:22 PM »
I don't doubt collusion involving the Bush admin..

After all, Pearl Harbor was a sham that way...they let that happen... they gave orders not to shoot down the Japanese planes.. this is common knowledge now..

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
I don't doubt collusion involving the Bush admin..

After all, Pearl Harbor was a sham that way...they let that happen... they gave orders not to shoot down the Japanese planes.. this is common knowledge now..

Really?  I wasn't aware of that.  Got a link?  What I think it boils down to is that war is profitable, for the government and their buddies like Halliburtion.

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Gonzotherapy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2010, 02:38:20 PM »
Look up Loose Change Bush had a hell of alot more to do with deaths that day than just those flights.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 03:26:52 PM »
Quote from: "Gonzotherapy"
Look up Loose Change Bush had a hell of alot more to do with deaths that day than just those flights.

I've seen it.  Didn't impress me much.  Not that there aren't our own government forces working against us for their own benefit (profit), but Loose Change went a bit too far, IMO.

And as I stated when I started the thread, I neither agree nor disagree with the article necessarily.....I'm just still amazed that such a complete buffoon was POTUS.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2010, 05:40:14 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Got a link?  

Yeah -- my family.. (more on this later.)

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 05:49:28 PM »
Actually I don't really wanna discuss that here...

Let's just say I have inside info about the Pearl Harbor attacks, and leave it at that.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2010, 11:34:18 PM »
Actually I don't really wanna discuss that here...

Let's just say I have inside info about the Pearl Harbor attacks, and leave it at that.

Now thats just mean! ;-)

Bush thought 9/11 plane had been shot down on his orders

New postby Anne Bonney » Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:51 pm
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with the order, but it just amazes me that a man this absolutely stupid was the POTUS

No surprise you think Dubya was stupid - but what about this mistake makes you think so? I'm confused.

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 01:19:40 AM »
If he was given false information, its not really his fault, but the point is he did order those planes shot down, which, like it or not, was the right thing to do.  I'm not so sure I believe the whole government conspiracy thing either.  The government isn't that competent.  They play competent but in reality they're a bunch of nepotistic incompetent boobs who'll bend over and take it up the ass for the highest campaign funds and defense contractor jobs.  It's theater.

Why take the risk, either?  The government usually gets caught.  Iran Contra, the CIA dealing coke, The FBI's political spying, and so on and so forth.  Do you really think a president, even a sociopath, would take such a risk?  Sure he was a complete and total imbecile, but I doubt his handlers (rove, etc) would let him take such a risk either, as they would have to be in on the conspiracy.  The government would fall if something like that ever came out.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Stonewall

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2010, 10:38:30 PM »
Quote from: "psy"
If he was given false information, its not really his fault, but the point is he did order those planes shot down, which, like it or not, was the right thing to do.  I'm not so sure I believe the whole government conspiracy thing either.  The government isn't that competent.  They play competent but in reality they're a bunch of nepotistic incompetent boobs who'll bend over and take it up the ass for the highest campaign funds and defense contractor jobs.  It's theater.

Why take the risk, either?  The government usually gets caught.  Iran Contra, the CIA dealing coke, The FBI's political spying, and so on and so forth.  Do you really think a president, even a sociopath, would take such a risk?  Sure he was a complete and total imbecile, but I doubt his handlers (rove, etc) would let him take such a risk either, as they would have to be in on the conspiracy.  The government would fall if something like that ever came out.

I swear to you that the end of this is not a pretty picture... but there is surely an end to this.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2010, 10:45:06 AM »
Got a link?  

Yeah -- my family.. (more on this later.)

Oh, um........ok.  I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I was genuinely curious about it.

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2010, 11:28:24 AM »
Oh, um........ok.  I wasn't trying to be a smartass, I was genuinely curious about it.

I know you weren't, sorry if i came off that way.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2010, 01:13:57 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
No surprise you think Dubya was stupid - but what about this mistake makes you think so? I'm confused.

I guess that was confusing.  I didn't mean that the 911 tragedy/debacle made me think he was an imbecile.  It was mainly his business track record. And butchering of the English language.  And absolute hubris.  And that hideous laugh/giggle.

Offline seamus

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2010, 07:45:31 PM »
Didnt he say he invented pants too at some point? Ill quote Bugs Bunny when I say,"what a maroon". :rofl:
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad