Author Topic: Straight Documentary  (Read 2041 times)

Offline webdiva

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Straight Documentary
« on: October 21, 2010, 10:40:48 PM »
I'm posting this everywhere! We're making headway. We now have a teaser made that we are going to use to get some funding to make a full documentary. I know I have asked this before but we are trying to get a little more organized now so if anyone feels they would like to be interviewed for the film please take the tim...e to fill out this form: http://www.straightincthemovie.com/interviews.cfm

This will just allow us to get a feel for how many people are interested, what their views are and what area of the country they are in. If you want to see the teaser you can view it here http://www.straightincthemovie.com/

Also if there is anyone in Florida or near Atlanta who would be interested in being interviewed on camera in the next 2 months please let me know ASAP. We have free access to film equipment through December and folks that are willing to film in Florida and Atlanta.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
RIP Steve Matthews and all those we have lost along the way!

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Re: Straight Documentary
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2010, 11:15:35 AM »
I'm in.....info sent.   Nice job....thanks for all the hard work!  :notworthy:  :cheers:
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Samara

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2010, 12:25:08 PM »
Great job, Bellsy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline shaggys

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2010, 01:11:14 PM »
Thanks for this, it is appreciated.
 :notworthy:

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2010, 10:51:53 AM »
For obvious reasons there's nothing I can contribute (no reason to interview me and so on) but I do want to express my support for your project.  :rocker:

Offline jaredsmom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2010, 01:27:43 PM »
You go, Diva!

Offline psy

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://homepage.mac.com/psyborgue/
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 11:21:39 PM »
Quote from: "BuzzKill"
For obvious reasons there's nothing I can contribute (no reason to interview me and so on) but I do want to express my support for your project.  :rocker:
Ditto.  The interviews sound fantastic, BTW.  Great stuff.
Benchmark Young Adult School - bad place [archive.org link]
Sue Scheff Truth - Blog on Sue Scheff
"Our services are free; we do not make a profit. Parents of troubled teens ourselves, PURE strives to create a safe haven of truth and reality." - Sue Scheff - August 13th, 2007 (fukkin surreal)

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2010, 09:03:56 AM »
Man that's eerie, that guy describing his nightmares could be me.  Thank you for making this movie.  I was not in Straight, I was in LIFE ( the program Dr. Ross and Mrs. Pete formed upon leaving Straight Inc. ), and I live pretty far north of Atlanta so I probably won't be any help to you but I will be waiting anxiously for the movie to come out.

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2010, 04:01:52 PM »
Good stuff!  I recognized a couple of the voices, and I've gotta say, I think you all did an excellent job of articulately conveying the experiences we had as victims of Straight, Inc.  Although a nightmare such as Straight pretty much falls in the "you had to be there to fully get how bad it was" category, I think every single one of the interviewees did an exceptional job of communicating the depth of the insanity, cruelty, brutality, and downright fucked-upitude of that place.  I don't really care if there is a Heaven or not, but I sure hope there is a Hell so that Miller Newton, Mel Sembler, and the rest of the  perpetrators of the horror show can get what they deserve.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic